Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Taylor's end be sooner than later?
(12-06-2020, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You wouldn’t take 9-7 right now? That’s what the Eagles were just last year.

Right now? Yes I’d take 9-7. To be concise- I think we can do better and I believe 100% that frank Reich deserves a lot of credit for that Eagles offense.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Isn’t special teams the one that started the whole brawl? Maybe Simmons ain’t so great either...

Simmons is about the best option the staff has right now, unfortunately.
Just the simple action of moving on from Taylor will signal to the fans that the FO wants to try to make an improvement.
And if you really want to get technical, Mike Thomas was the guy that sparked the whole brawl, and he was brought in by Taylor during the offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If they had put more emphasis on improving the defense and run game in the offseason, perhaps they wouldn't have had to rely on Burrow so much to even make games close.

Huh? They spent a fortune on the defense in the offseason. Our DC just sucks. I saw all I needed to see when Dunlap started lighting it up in Seattle.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, does anyone else wonder if Katie and Co. have privately spoken with Simmons about taking over as interim HC?

One would think if they care anything about the team, the players, their own pride, they city, the fans, their father/grandfather, they could not in good faith continue to run this clown show out there on the field as a professional football team.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Right now? Yes I’d take 9-7. To be concise- I think we can do better and I believe 100% that frank Reich deserves a lot of credit for that Eagles offense.

Do better than a coach that won a Super Bowl with a backup QB? Weird take...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do better than a coach that won a Super Bowl with a backup QB? Weird take...

Nick Foles has said (I’ve read somewhere-maybe here idk) that Frank optimized his skills.

Listen- I really don’t care who they bring in however I fully expect Zac to be fired tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Huh? They spent a fortune on the defense in the offseason. Our DC just sucks. I saw all I needed to see when Dunlap started lighting it up in Seattle.

Just bringing in a couple shiny FAs isn't what I meant. I said last offseason that they needed to get a new DC. They have no identity on defense. The pass rush is in disarray. They have hardly any experience at LB. The ONLY thing positive going on with the defense is their secondary, which really isn't a shock since Anarumo was only ever decent as a DB coach.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:24 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Nick Foles has said (I’ve read somewhere-maybe here idk) that Frank optimized his skills.

Listen- I really don’t care who they bring in however I fully expect Zac to be fired tomorrow.

So Reich played a big part, that doesn’t mean Pederson shouldn’t get his fair share of the credit. He put the staff together, and had to go toe to toe with Belichick in the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So Reich played a big part, that doesn’t mean Pederson shouldn’t get his fair share of the credit. He put the staff together, and had to go toe to toe with Belichick in the Super Bowl.

Ok ok being in Doug pederson- fine. Just sayin’ that team was one thing with Frank Reich- now they’re not. For whatever reason. Idc. Doug pedwrson it is but it better not be Zac MFn Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was very little criticism of Taylor as a play caller when Burrow was out there putting up 300+yds and 30 points multiple times. Now we can barely cross midfield. If not for a Miami DB taking a bad angle on the Boyd TD we probably get shutout today.

Like I said, Burrow was carrying this offense. There’s really no refuting that.

You are correct that Joe was carrying the offense. Ask yourself why and how that was the case? 

Ok, I'll give you the answer. 

It was because Joe was extending plays and seeing the field well, while running for his life. Unfortunately, having to extend Zac's shitty plays, and lack of the HC addressing the FN atrocious o-line, our QB had his knee mangled.

I told your thick headed ass weeks ago that Zac's play calling and Joe's competitiveness was going to get him hurt.

Guess what? It did! Zac doesn't understand how to adjust scheme to personnel, and it starts up front.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:24 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Nick Foles has said (I’ve read somewhere-maybe here idk) that Frank optimized his skills.

At least with someone new, there is always hope. 

There was hope when Marvin was fired and Zac came in. (Green behind the ears made me doubt it but...Marvin had to go in 2015)

We need new hope again.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:35 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You are correct that Joe was carrying the offense. Ask yourself why and how that was the case? 

Ok, I'll give you the answer. 

It was because Joe was extending plays and seeing the field well, while running for his life. Unfortunately, having to extend Zac's shitty plays, and lack of the HC addressing the FN atrocious o-line, our QB had his knee mangled.

I told your thick headed ass weeks ago that Zac's play calling and Joe's competitiveness was going to get him hurt.

Guess what? It did! Zac doesn't understand how to adjust scheme to personnel, and it starts up front.

Don’t pat yourself on the back too much there coach, it didn’t take a rocket scientist to see that one coming...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why are you like this? Your main gripe with me seems to be I was too excited about Joe Burrow...

It’s super weird, and you really come off like an asshole.

Unfortunately, asshole seems to be the only dialect that gets through to you. It's a bummer in a way, because we both agree on Burrow being an excellent QB. Football in any form is a team sport. We need more horses and a better jockey.

Defending Zac after Joe's very serious injury is weird? Especially, from you. If I were as attached to Burrow as you seem to be, I would be absolutely furious with Zac. 

It's Zac's o-line coach. It's his lack of being able to adjust to adverse situations. It's his play calling that cost us our QB. Notice I said "our" QB.  And, here I am, more pissed off about it than you are. That's the rub with you.

You're actually defending ZT!! Wow!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:57 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Unfortunately, asshole seems to be the only dialect that gets through to you. It's a bummer in a way, because we both agree on Burrow being an excellent QB. Football in any form is a team sport. We need more horses and a better jockey.

Defending Zac after Joe's very serious injury is weird?
Especially, from you. If I were as attached to Burrow as you seem to be, I would be absolutely furious with Zac. 

It's Zac's o-line coach. It's his lack of being able to adjust to adverse situations. It's his play calling that cost us our QB. Notice I said "our" QB.  And, here I am, more pissed off about it than you are. That's the rub with you.

He's not defending Zach, quite the opposite. He's saying Burrow covered Zach's defencencies, which a Rookie QB shouldn't have to do. 
Reply/Quote
Hoping any day now. We’ve hit bottom barrel. The team looks worse than last year surprisingly enough.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:00 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He's not defending Zach, quite the opposite. He's saying Burrow covered Zach's defencencies, which a Rookie QB shouldn't have to do. 

He said that nobody was complaining about Zac when Joe was throwing for 300 per game. That's incorrect!! Many of us were complaining then. We were pointing out the FACT that Zac's play calling and lack of adjustments were going to get Joe hurt. Guess what? It did.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:06 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He said that nobody was complaining about Zac when Joe was throwing for 300 per game. That's incorrect!! Many of us were complaining then. We were pointing out the FACT that Zac's play calling and lack of adjustments were going to get Joe hurt. Guess what? It did.

You clearly are just trying to make an argument out of nothing. We all complained and knew he was going to get hurt, however no one complained about the production he was putting up, hence why he's being exposed without Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:57 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Unfortunately, asshole seems to be the only dialect that gets through to you. It's a bummer in a way, because we both agree on Burrow being an excellent QB. Football in any form is a team sport. We need more horses and a better jockey.

Defending Zac after Joe's very serious injury is weird? Especially, from you. If I were as attached to Burrow as you seem to be, I would be absolutely furious with Zac. 

What in the name of **** are you talking about? You clearly misread my post, nowhere did I defend Zac Taylor. I’ve wanted him gone since last year.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:00 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He's not defending Zach, quite the opposite. He's saying Burrow covered Zach's defencencies, which a Rookie QB shouldn't have to do. 

Thought that was pretty clear...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was very little criticism of Taylor as a play caller when Burrow was out there putting up 300+yds and 30 points multiple times. Now we can barely cross midfield. If not for a Miami DB taking a bad angle on the Boyd TD we probably get shutout today.

Like I said, Burrow was carrying this offense. There’s really no refuting that.

Read the first sentence and take your gaslighting elsewhere.
Reply/Quote