Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could a bad 2017 season end the Dalton era?
(09-14-2017, 01:04 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I want to see the Marvin era come to an end 
Is there anyone left that still doesn't? LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they're not. They haven't traded McCarron because they feel that if Dalton got injured, we wouldn't miss a beat by putting in AJ (not saying that's true or not, just how I believe they think). If this season turns out bad, they aren't going to scapegoat Dalton, they'll blame the OL and/or injuries and/or whatever else they can think to do, but they certainly aren't going to scapegoat a player.

Even if Lewis leaves, they would not scapegoat him, so they certainly wouldn't scapegoat Dalton.

IMO, worst case scernario is that if Dalton has a poor season, they give McCarron a chance to win the job next pre-season.

Dude...Pickens, Palmer, Dillon...all scapegoats.

Saying we had a bad offensive line is pointing the finger at management. That's not about to happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they're not. They haven't traded McCarron because they feel that if Dalton got injured, we wouldn't miss a beat by putting in AJ (not saying that's true or not, just how I believe they think). If this season turns out bad, they aren't going to scapegoat Dalton, they'll blame the OL and/or injuries and/or whatever else they can think to do, but they certainly aren't going to scapegoat a player.

Even if Lewis leaves, they would not scapegoat him, so they certainly wouldn't scapegoat Dalton.

IMO, worst case scernario is that if Dalton has a poor season, they give McCarron a chance to win the job next pre-season.

I'd say if Dalton throws 2 1st half int's tonight...we're seeing McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: The one thing Mike Brown hates is major change from important positions. He will sit on both Dalton and Lewis...as a quote from Bill Belichick says it all...

"My job isn't the most secure of all the NFL head coaches. Theres a town named Cincinnati who has Marvin Lewis as their head coach. Thats the safest job on the planet"

did billy actually say that? damn!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is there anyone left that still doesn't? LOL

[Image: 0VnRlUm.png?1]

Smirk
Reply/Quote
I don't think Andy's going anywhere any time soon, but I expect us to take a QB or two next year. With AJM (most likely) leaving, it should be a priority at least for a backup. Plus, it really seems like the organization really like to have long-term projects.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would much rather see Alexander and Zampese dismissed.

Plus Marvin either moved to GM or let go before moving Dalton.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But if so,

bring on Super Lamario Jackson.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...Pickens, Palmer, Dillon...all scapegoats.

Saying we had a bad offensive line is pointing the finger at management. That's not about to happen.

I don't remember them being scapegoats. Yeah, I remember some bad blood and some negative things might have been said, but I don't remember the losing was ever blamed on those players by the Bengals coaches or front office.

(09-14-2017, 01:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say if Dalton throws 2 1st half int's tonight...we're seeing McCarron.

I don't. Not saying we should or shouldn't, but based on history, it would take a monumentally bad performance (and, considering no change last week, it has to be at least worse than Sunday's performance) or an insurmountable lead before Marvin made that switch.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
No. We saw what he could do with a line. Just get him a line and keep his weapons and we have a shot. A bad 2017 season could hopefully end the Marv era. I was so sad to let Hue go because I felt like he knew how to utilize the weapons we had. I was sad when Zimmer left too! Losing so many good coaches for someone who should've been canned years ago. I would love if McDaniels came down here. Dalton isn't going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
This topic certainly merits discussion. If the bengals have a repeat of next year the coaches need to go. There can be no justification for 0-5 in the playoffs followed by two losing seasons. Blame the players (o line) all you want, but the coaches scouted, drafted and developed (?) them.

If a new coach comes in with any input on what goes on then a new qb is in play, depending on the draft spot. Dalton would still net some draft picks if he were put on the trade block.

I would think fixing the o line is priority 1 but that's just me. But could the bengals pass on the next "franchise" qb if one is staring them in the face?

We doubt the m/o of the front office will change. Fans stop going to the games and that will get their attention. Mikey will feel the need to do something for appeances sake. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is there anyone left that still doesn't? LOL

Sometimes I think even Marvin wishes to be put out of his misery.
Reply/Quote
I wish he did. Too damn stubborn to quit.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wouldnt give up on Andy yet.

Step 1 should be fire Zampese.

Still looking like shit?

Step 2 fire Marvin

Still looking like shit?

Step 3 try AJMC at QB

I'd rather have Driskel behind this line than AJM because he can move. Agree with the rest.

Edit:
The articles aren't even worth commenting on because they leave out so many details like they usually do when it comes to Dalton. It's fake news.

Reply/Quote
This franchise moves in glacial time and not in global warming glacial time, more like the ice age glacial time. You want change? Consider yourself Rip VanWinkle and take a 100 year nap and their MIGHT be change when you wake up. 
As long as this team can afford to pay multi million dollar salaries it means they're turning a profit and that's the bottom line. 
An empty stadium at home games won't even do it because so many tickets are season tickets already sold and tonight is on national TV so that money is already in the bank.
One horrible first game isn't going to melt all of Greenland overnight in February..or in September. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hey! Dalton for a few first round picks? Send him to Cleveland and they'll trade him for 5 first round picks and the naming rights to PBS.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Seems highly unlikely considering the way the Bengals operate, and I certainly don't want Dalton and his very affordable contract to go anywhere...that said if a new coach isn't sold on Dalton and Cousins leaves Washington I could see a trade to reunite him with Gruden and net us some first rounders. Very very unlikely though
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'd love to see Driskel in. I think if Driskel came in last game when Dalton was struggling, the ball would have moved, and maybe it would have stung just a little bit more. Andy doesn't get stung which is a double edged sword. He doesn't really care that he threw a pick.

If Mixon doesn't pick it back up quickly, we will see the bad Jeremy Hill again - similar point.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 02:06 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'd rather have Driskel behind this line than AJM because he can move. Agree with the rest.

Edit:
The articles aren't even worth commenting on because they leave out so many details like they usually do when it comes to Dalton. It's fake news.

It's not fake. It's opinion. Who knows if it's reality or not.

If Dalton throws a couple quick interceptions, who's to say they won't move him.
Reply/Quote