Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could the German Market be big for the Bengals?
(06-11-2021, 11:07 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've heard they're not dangerous but those Huntsman spiders you guys have are pure nightmare fuel.  As someone who is a bit of an arachnophobic, I'm not kidding when I say that is the most terrifying animal/insect I've ever seen.  I'd probably rather encoutner a Grizzly Bear and take my chances then to have one of those sneak up on me.

For anyone who is reading this who isn't aware of what I'm taking about, here you go:

[Image: Meet-Charlotte-a-Banded-Huntsman-Spider-...pg?strip=1]

Had one crawl across the windscreen of my car the other day lol
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 02:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Coastal or inland? I've read that their respective temperments are completely opposite of each other lol.

Coastal, but was only a small one.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 11:12 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Also, since the topic of Australian animals came up I'm using it as an excuse to post one of my favorite videos of all time.  I've seen it at least 20 times.  The look on the Kangeroo's face when he gets punched always gets a laugh out of me.

That’s hilarious. Come at me Bro!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 08:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That’s hilarious. Come at me Bro!

The only Aussie animal that is legitimately terrifying.  The Magpie.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 07:07 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Had one crawl across the windscreen of my car the other day lol

I would legit just leave the car and never return for it.  This would be my reaction...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 09:10 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: The only Aussie animal that is legitimately terrifying.  The Magpie.

LOL I thought they were only in Europe!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 10:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL I thought they were only in Europe!

There is one at the end of my street that I battle with every spring. He swoops me and I swing punches.
Reply/Quote
I would definitely need one of these bad boys if I lived in Australia...

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 10:09 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: No one in Australia actually drinks Fosters, you can't get that in any bars I have ever been to, that is just the swill we send to you guys overseas. We also don't call them shrimps. The animals aren't that scary.

We had a pre season game here many years ago but I really do believe it is time to send a regular season game down here, the NFL is quite popular here with a bout 4 games a week shown on television including free to air television.

Steve Irwin was going to travel the world and locate the ten deadliest snakes. The episode kind of flopped when he found seven in his backyard.

Tell me if my Australian accent is any good:

“This here’s a knife.”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I spent a lot of time in Australia on both coasts, jumped a few times near Alice Springs, the bugs and critters worried me more than anything else!
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 05:48 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: About ***** time.

Quit stuffing these London games down our throats. London did not care about WLAF or NFL Europe, yet the German teams all drew well and turned it into a big party with pre-game and post-game concerts outside of the stadiums. When they shut down NFL Europe it was the Amsterdam Admirals and five German teams . . . because the Germans supported it and *surprise, surprise* there are a shit ton of American servicemen there that like football and were also in attendance. Instead of taking money from the military to act like they respect our troops during pre-game and halftime activities, why not actually let some of them see Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes.

I loved watching NFL Europe on DirecTV. If their enthusiasm is ANYTHING like the way they embraced NFL Europe, the Germans will make this very fun for all involved, players, staff, broadcasters, fans in attendance and viewers. This should have been done a long, long time ago.

Yeah and they got lots of good brewskies over there too...CheersDrunk
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 09:34 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: We will send you a Rugby League game, much better than that AFL rubbish lol

I have/had an oline buddy (since around 2002) that is/was a huge storm fan. I say have/had because one day he was just gone. Not a word from him in about 6 years. 

Things that make you go hmmm...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 06:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Steve Irwin was going to travel the world and locate the ten deadliest snakes. The episode kind of flopped when he found seven in his backyard.

Tell me if my Australian accent is any good:

“This here’s a knife.”

omg... you didn't even SAY it right!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 10:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: omg... you didn't even SAY it right!

BS. That was indistinguishable from a native.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 09:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I have/had an oline buddy (since around 2002) that is/was a huge storm fan. I say have/had because one day he was just gone. Not a word from him in about 6 years. 

Things that make you go hmmm...

Easy being a Storm fan, they are pretty much the Patriots of Rugby League. My team (the Wests Tigers) is almost exactly like the Bengals, its uncanny.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 10:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: BS. That was indistinguishable from a native.

I'm not talking about the accent, mate. I'm talking about you ****** the words up. 

"That's not a knife."..."That's a knife."

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 11:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not talking about the accent, mate. I'm talking about you ****** the words up. 

"That's not a knife."..."That's a knife."

Oh you're going off the movie. A lot of Americans make that mistake.  I phrased it the way the natives would actually say it.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 12:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh you're going off the movie. A lot of Americans make that mistake.  I phrased it the way the natives would actually say it.

Ahhh. So Paul Hogan isn't really an Aussie. 

He does a damn good accent though.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 12:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh you're going off the movie. A lot of Americans make that mistake.  I phrased it the way the natives would actually say it.

Speaking of that. Back in '87, the day before i got married i went home that night and before going to sleep i watched two movies. 

Dog day afternoon with Pacino and Crocodile Dundee. 

The last 2 movies i ever watched as a free man. 

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 02:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ahhh. So Paul Hogan isn't really an Aussie. 

He does a damn good accent though.  Cool

No he’s from Scranton. Used to work at a paper company or something.

Reply/Quote