Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could we trade with the Panthers?
Now that the Panthers don't have Norman anymore, they will be looking for a new corner in the draft. Since we pick right above Pittsburgh and they need a corner too, it might be possible for us to trade down and pick up another pick. What do you think?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 12:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Now that the Panthers don't have Norman anymore, they will be looking for a new corner in the draft.  Since we pick right above Pittsburgh and they need a corner too, it might be possible for us to trade down and pick up another pick.  What do you think?

I don't think they value corners with high picks.    They have an easy system for corners where there isn't much pressure on them.    Lots of help and they allow them to stay in zone as much as possible. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 12:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't think they value corners with high picks.    They have an easy system for corners where there isn't much pressure on them.    Lots of help and they allow them to stay in zone as much as possible. 

In this situation they have lost their best corner.  They might go for one in the first round if they feel he is NFL ready.
Reply/Quote
BonnieBengal
In this situation they have lost their best corner.  They might go for one in the first round if they feel he is NFL ready.

Very possible.   

Just not sure if that's how they value corners.   They let guys walk in the past and replaced them with Norman who was a 5th round nobody pick.   
Reply/Quote
I could see it.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 12:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Now that the Panthers don't have Norman anymore, they will be looking for a new corner in the draft.  Since we pick right above Pittsburgh and they need a corner too, it might be possible for us to trade down and pick up another pick.  What do you think?

Could, but I like where we're at.

We've got a good spot to get a top 5 or 6 DL player, or a good WR. We could trade back and get a lesser lineman, but the WR talent after the first three or four guys drops off pretty sharply, like late third early fourth at best. So with the extra picks we'd be picking up projects at WR or CB, or maybe some depth linemen.
Reply/Quote
This is not a good year for CBs after Ramsey.  I don't see any of the other CBs with first round grades being good enough for any team to give up a pick to move up.

And all we would get would be a late third round pick.  I guess it depends on who is left on the board, but I don't think a pick at the end of the third round would be worth it.  It is not like we have tons of holes in our roster and are desperate for more picks.
Reply/Quote