Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covid Lab Leak Confirmed?
We all recall being told, repeatedly, that questioning whether Covid originated from a lab leak was both "disinformation" and "racist." Well a new report claims that patient zero were Wuhan lab docs doing gain of function research.

Please never question why the government censoring "disinformation" is utterly dangerous and never question why mainstream media should not be trusted one iota. Get information from multiple sources, compare and contrast. I won't hold my breath for all the people who castigated and berated anyone who dared voice this possibility to apologize.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 12:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: We all recall being told, repeatedly, that questioning whether Covid originated from a lab leak was both "disinformation" and "racist."  Well a new report claims that patient zero were Wuhan lab docs doing gain of function research.

Please never question why the government censoring "disinformation" is utterly dangerous and never question why mainstream media should not be trusted one iota.  Get information from multiple sources, compare and contrast.  I won't hold my breath for all the people who castigated and berated anyone who dared voice this possibility to apologize.

There is a pattern with our government and the liberal media. They lie constantly. Trump was 100% correct, the liberal media is "fake news". I long for the days when journalists were honest and actually investigated claims impartially and without bias.

It is a sad day in America.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Personally, I never understood why the people who were in tune with the notion that this thing was from a Chinese lab weren't more interested in protecting themselves from it.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 01:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Personally, I never understood why the people who were in tune with the notion that this thing was from a Chinese lab weren't more interested in protecting themselves from it.

They aren't mutually exclusive.  You can be concerned about both.  Also, knowing a viruses origins can prevent future outbreaks, such as happened with swine flu, which was discovered to have occurred due to housing poultry and swine in too close a proximity.  The real issue is how can you trust the media and government when they attack you, viscously, for voicing a possibility that turned out to be correct?  How about the vaccine will prevent you from getting sick, remember?

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-government-and-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-46a270ce0f681caa7e4143e2ae9a0211

Lies, upon lies.  I'll reiterate, this is why you should never trust someone who claims to be for censoring "disinformation."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 01:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Lies, upon lies.  I'll reiterate, this is why you should never trust someone who claims to be for censoring "disinformation."

Simply put, narratives make money.  The narrative that it wasn't from a lab made money and the narrative that it was from a lab and that the real info was being suppressed made money.  Everything is about money.  Both point and counter point need each other to facilitate the for-profit media.

We can talk about the government silencing people, but it's not the media's job nor the job of private institutions to not censor people and you can't trust government sources and you can't trust for-profit private "news" entities or social media platforms.  What can ya do?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 01:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Simply put, narratives make money.  The narrative that it wasn't from a lab made money and the narrative that it was from a lab and that the real info was being suppressed made money.  Everything is about money.  Both point and counter point need each other to facilitate the for-profit media.

We can talk about the government silencing people, but it's not the media's job nor the job of private institutions to not censor people and you can't trust government sources and you can't trust for-profit private "news" entities or social media platforms.  What can ya do?

Except the information used to silence people came straight from the government.  As for what can you do, I answered that in part.  Don't trust mainstream sources and cast a wide net looking for information.  Also, fight vehemently against anyone advocating for censoring "misinformation."  Anyone claiming to be a "disinformation expert" should be viewed through a jaundiced eye at best.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 01:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except the information used to silence people came straight from the government.  As for what can you do, I answered that in part.  Don't trust mainstream sources and cast a wide net looking for information.  Also, fight vehemently against anyone advocating for censoring "misinformation."  Anyone claiming to be a "disinformation expert" should be viewed through a jaundiced eye at best.

Yeah, the government silencing people is a bummer but that's the giant government our 2 party system gives us and we get what we get and we can't throw a fit.  I've a sneaking suspicion that the government was never intended to be this powerful or omnipresent in our lives but we want an oppressive government to force our particular views, so this is a side effect of it I guess.

On a related note, how wacky is it that the former Twitter CEO is endorsing Kenney for 2024?  If I have my ducks straight, that's the covid censoring CEO endorsing a covid skeptic for president?  Maybe it's not as absurd as I think it is.  I may be misremembering who was censoring what.
Reply/Quote
I don't watch liberal news, so I have no idea what they were saying, but I always figured it was possible that it was a lab leak. Most likely unintentional but you never know. If liberal media people were saying it is racist to claim that, then just more reason for me not to watch them.

From my viewpoint, I thought the racism discussion was in response to the rise in hate crimes against Asian people by people who seemingly blamed China for the virus.

Like, you can think that a Chinese lab may have leaked the virus without hating Chinese people (especially Chinese or Asian people in America) for that. That's a reasonable thing to do. But once you start attacking Asian people in America because you think China leaked the virus, intentionally or unintentionally, then you've reached racist territory.

Viewed as generously as possible in favor of the liberal media, maybe they felt like people claiming this with no evidence (at the time) would lead to more attacks on Asian people in America, so they'd rather just shut down that discussion in fear of it creating panic among people that turns to violence?

After all, the people claiming this occurred weren't doing it because they had evidence that it occurred, they were just looking for a scape goat to blame for losing their job, losing loved ones or hating the new social distancing guidelines and the shaming associated with violating those new cultural expectations.

The battle to combat "misinformation" has always been a misguided one, in my opinion. If you censor people for saying something wrong, they're more likely to entrench in those beliefs, thinking you are censoring them "for fear of the truth getting out." It's a no win game. Just let people say stupid shit and, when necessary, counter them with accurate information if you have that available.
Reply/Quote
Good point. I do try to admit it's easier to promote the freedom to speculate when people rarely take it to mean they need to go after people like me.
Reply/Quote
It may surprise people to know that I have been a lab-leak theorist from the beginning, but was often ignored. There were stories early in the days of the pandemic where it was discussed how in the early days of the Trump administration there was a reduction in staff and cooperation with the US and Chinese labs following a report from our liaison in the country saying they had concerns over a potential leak. They had recommended an increase in personnel and resources because they believed that the Chinese infrastructure in the lab was not up to snuff for what they were dealing with. Instead, we pulled everyone out which not only increased the risk of an outbreak but also got rid of our early warning system because we no longer had the liaison that could give us that info.

That story was essentially buried but it was in the MSM in the early days and then forgotten about as the narrative kept changing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 06:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It may surprise people to know that I have been a lab-leak theorist from the beginning, but was often ignored. There were stories early in the days of the pandemic where it was discussed how in the early days of the Trump administration there was a reduction in staff and cooperation with the US and Chinese labs following a report from our liaison in the country saying they had concerns over a potential leak. They had recommended an increase in personnel and resources because they believed that the Chinese infrastructure in the lab was not up to snuff for what they were dealing with. Instead, we pulled everyone out which not only increased the risk of an outbreak but also got rid of our early warning system because we no longer had the liaison that could give us that info.

That story was essentially buried but it was in the MSM in the early days and then forgotten about as the narrative kept changing.

I do remember the early reports talking about potentially a leak from the lab, and then all of a sudden the "official line" became "anything but the lab".  Then, the ever so popular Dr. Fauci came into our lives.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 12:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: We all recall being told, repeatedly, that questioning whether Covid originated from a lab leak was both "disinformation" and "racist."  Well a new report claims that patient zero were Wuhan lab docs doing gain of function research.

Please never question why the government censoring "disinformation" is utterly dangerous and never question why mainstream media should not be trusted one iota.  Get information from multiple sources, compare and contrast.  I won't hold my breath for all the people who castigated and berated anyone who dared voice this possibility to apologize.

mainstream media is a factory of lies. 
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 06:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It may surprise people to know that I have been a lab-leak theorist from the beginning, but was often ignored.

That doesn't surprise me at all.  You're an intelligent man ( I assumed your gender  Cool  ) who isn't the type to blindly accept authority.  

Quote:There were stories early in the days of the pandemic where it was discussed how in the early days of the Trump administration there was a reduction in staff and cooperation with the US and Chinese labs following a report from our liaison in the country saying they had concerns over a potential leak. They had recommended an increase in personnel and resources because they believed that the Chinese infrastructure in the lab was not up to snuff for what they were dealing with. Instead, we pulled everyone out which not only increased the risk of an outbreak but also got rid of our early warning system because we no longer had the liaison that could give us that info.

This is good info, but I would add that a lab leak makes far more sense, logically, then a wet market species transfer.  If I can one up you on conspiracy, I wouldn't be at all shocked if Covid was a test balloon sent up by China to see how we'd react to a pandemic.  If true then the next one will be far more deadly.  I think the CCP is the most inhumane and depraved government to ever govern a world power.  And yes, I include Nazi Germany in that regard, as they only had twelve years to indoctrinate their population.  There are numerous stories of Soviets being the "voice of reason" that prevented a nuclear war.  I have little doubt that a CCP counterpart in those scenarios would have pushed the button with a smile on their face.  Note that this is not a judgment or assessment of the people of China, but their government.  I think people are people, regardless of their nation of origin.  The CCP though, is monstrous IMO.

Quote:That story was essentially buried but it was in the MSM in the early days and then forgotten about as the narrative kept changing.

Which begs the question, why?  How invested was Fauci in that narrative?  The whole thing reeks like an abattoir. 
Reply/Quote
It was racist to say it came from a Chinese lab, you see. It was not racist to say it was from some Chinese man just casually snacking on some bat and pangolin anus just a few miles away.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 06:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I do remember the early reports talking about potentially a leak from the lab, and then all of a sudden the "official line" became "anything but the lab".  Then, the ever so popular Dr. Fauci came into our lives.

Indeed.  Things that make you go, hmmmmm.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 06:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It was racist to say it came from a Chinese lab, you see. It was not racist to say it was from some Chinese man just casually snacking on some bat and pangolin anus just a few miles a way.

Accusations of racism have become less than worthless.  Unless the racism is overt I literally discount the accusation out of hand at this point.  Your statement is both true, amusing and sadly true.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 06:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It was racist to say it came from a Chinese lab, you see. It was not racist to say it was from some Chinese man just casually snacking on some bat and pangolin anus just a few miles a way.

if you dare question the mainstream media or dont accept there narratives, you always get labeled a racist or something negative. its why folks are hesitant to speak up more often. comply or be labeled
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 06:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is good info, but I would add that a lab leak makes far more sense, logically, then a wet market species transfer.  If I can one up you on conspiracy, I wouldn't be at all shocked if Covid was a test balloon sent up by China to see how we'd react to a pandemic.  If true then the next one will be far more deadly.  I think the CCP is the most inhumane and depraved government to ever govern a world power.  And yes, I include Nazi Germany in that regard, as they only had twelve years to indoctrinate their population.  There are numerous stories of Soviets being the "voice of reason" that prevented a nuclear war.  I have little doubt that a CCP counterpart in those scenarios would have pushed the button with a smile on their face.  Note that this is not a judgment or assessment of the people of China, but their government.  I think people are people, regardless of their nation of origin.  The CCP though, is monstrous IMO.

While I too consider the CCP to be monstrous and would not put biological warfare past them, I feel like the incompetence angle is much more likely. Don't get me wrong, the conspiracy theorist side of me definitely sees the narrative of the CCP unleashing this as a form of population control on their own people (their aging population has a potential to cause a lot of issues for their economy) All that being said, I think the accidental leak is a more likely scenario. 

(06-14-2023, 06:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Which begs the question, why?  How invested was Fauci in that narrative?  The whole thing reeks like an abattoir. 

That's what I don't get, to be honest. The original story looked bad for Trump because his reduction of staff in China and throwing out the pandemic response plan that was handed to him by the Obama administration really contributed to the problem. So you would think the media would have ate that shit up with a spoon and he would've pushed against the lab leak idea. Instead, we had the media pushing the story from the administration, which was Fauci et al, and Trump going against his own administration. 

The pandemic really was a weird situation. 
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2023, 07:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Accusations of racism have become less than worthless.  Unless the racism is overt I literally discount the accusation out of hand at this point.  Your statement is both true, amusing and sadly true.

Methinks the racism came via Americans looking to blame people who fit a vague racial profile.  Again, easy for me to brush off but I'm not some Asian American who got to be tacitly labeled as "the enemy" by the oh so powerful powers that be and the media.  I'm sure it sucks for white people to be called racists at the drop of a hat, but it probably also sucks to have Asian heritage and try to go about your life while people are harassing you about releasing covid on them.

The media doesn't cause misguided hatred and division, people cause misguided hatred and division.
Reply/Quote
Then we alllll followed Pelosi to Chinatown and danced and laughed, and danced and coughed.

Memories
Reply/Quote