Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Covid punishments....
(08-04-2021, 08:46 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm doing what wrong for who? Supporting freedom of speech is doing something wrong?  

No one here is saying the government should jail Boyd for his tweets.  The constitution doesn't apply.  

If you speak freely about your employer or your wife you'd better make sure you are a top tier um, performer.  That's all I'm saying.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No one here is saying the government should jail Boyd for his tweets.  The constitution doesn't apply.  

If you speak freely about your employer or your wife you'd better make sure you are a top tier um, performer.  That's all I'm saying.  

I support private business being able to make their own decisions even if I dont agree with them, but I also agree with employees being able to speak their mind. If they get fired for saying words that upset their employer, I will always side with the working man over the corps and people in positions of power. Its just in my nature to do so. Power to the people! I believe in that forreal.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I support private business being able to make their own decisions even if I dont agree with them, but I also agree with employees being able to speak their mind. If they get fired for saying words that upset their employer, I will always side with the working man over the corps and people in positions of power. Its just in my nature to do so. Power to the people! I believe in that forreal.

I don't disagree but it can come off as being distracted as things stand at the moment.  It depends on what the employees said prior to bring fired when it comes to my assessment of the situation.  Boyd seems to be doing a bit of surface level whining but the whole "separation of sports and politics" is a whole ball of wax peoole have been debating for years now. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't disagree but it can come off as being distracted as things stand at the moment.  It depends on what the employees said prior to bring fired when it comes to my assessment of the situation.  Boyd seems to be doing a bit of surface level whining but the whole "separation of sports and politics" is a whole ball of wax peoole have been debating for years now. 

Yeah sports and politics are about as bad as religion and politics maybe more these days. One thing his tweets that stood out to me. Boyd is a people person, a good guy, a good player and is well liked around the league. He said "none of us" wanted to take it but were forced to. I dont have any reason to question in insider knowledge of how most of the players actually feel about the vaccine. I like knowing things like that for some reason. Whether I agree with it or not its just interesting to get peoples perspective. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:12 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Yeah sports and politics are about as bad as religion and politics maybe more these days. One thing his tweets that stood out to me. Boyd is a people person, a good guy, a good player and is well liked around the league. He said "none of us" wanted to take it but were forced to. I dont have any reason to question in insider knowledge of how most of the players actually feel about the vaccine. I like knowing things like that for some reason. Whether I agree with it or not its just interesting to get peoples perspective. 

I don't think he's being malicious but none of wanted to take it but we were forced is quite the allegation against the NFL on the behalf of people he's not authorized to speak for. 

The Bengals are one of the most vaccinated teams, so him saying no one wanted to take it but they were forced is an oddly bold statement to just toss out via tweet.  If his teammates are ok with him making that statement on their behalf it's all good I guess. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I support private business being able to make their own decisions even if I dont agree with them, but I also agree with employees being able to speak their mind. If they get fired for saying words that upset their employer, I will always side with the working man over the corps and people in positions of power. Its just in my nature to do so. Power to the people! I believe in that forreal.

I agree with the working man being able to run his yap at this job and his next job.

I'll always side with the employer expediting the employee's move to the next job, so they can continue to run their yap 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think he's being malicious but none of wanted to take it but we were forced is quite the allegation against the NFL on the behalf of people he's not authorized to speak for. 

The Bengals are one of the most vaccinated teams, so him saying no one wanted to take it but they were forced is an oddly bold statement to just toss out via tweet.  If his teammates are ok with him making that statement on their behalf it's all good I guess. 

I dont think he is either. He's just being honest. Ryan Tannehill spoke about about being forced to take it or lose your dream job of a lilfetime as well. A few others players have spoke out, but another thing is Boyd is saying exactly what I was thinking way earlier in this thread. He said none of them wanted to get the shot, but they were forced to, and now there is a new strain and they are back to square one even if you're vaccinated. And he is right worry about that. Goodell is already making severe punishments for something we dont really know whats going to happen with at this point. That's what I have an issue with are his punishments already put in place. Just a bit much too soon, imo.  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:31 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I dont think he is either. He's just being honest. Ryan Tannehill spoke about about being forced to take it or lose your dream job of a lilfetime as well. A few others players have spoke out, but another thing is Boyd is saying exactly what I was thinking way earlier in this thread. He said none of them wanted to get the shot, but they were forced to, and now there is a new strain and they are back to square one even if you're vaccinated. And he is right worry about that. Goodell is already making severe punishments for something we dont really know whats going to happen with at this point. That's what I have an issue with are his punishments already put in place. Just a bit much too soon, imo.  

He's not being honest, he's applying his feelings to peoole who arent him.  He's appointing himself some sort of spokesperson for NFL players and everyone conveniently agrees with him. 

Everyone knows how stupid that is!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's not being honest, he's applying his feelings to peoole who arent him.  He's appointing himself some sort of spokesperson for NFL players and everyone conveniently agrees with him. 

Everyone knows how stupid that is!

I dont think Tyler Boyd would say it if he hadnt heard a whole bunch of players talking about it in private. He's not that kind of dude. He is well liked and respected around the league. I would trust him to have a good read on how a lot of players feel abut this over many other people.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:43 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I dont think Tyler Boyd would say it if he hadnt heard a whole bunch of players talking about it in private. He's not that kind of dude. He is well liked and respected around the league. I would trust him to have a good read on how a lot of players feel abut this over many other people.

Well may be another player will say everyone took the vaccibe by choice and we can get back to square one. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well may be another player will say everyone took the vaccibe by choice and we can get back to square one. 

Or they might have to take another vaccine if the one they took isnt as effective against covid delta. I think if that happens there will be a lot more blowback. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:47 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Or they might have to take another vaccine if the one they took isnt as effective against covid delta. I think if that happens there will be a lot more blowback. 

This gets back to vaccination rates and why there even is a delta variant.  Let's just agree Boyd can tweet whatever the hell he wants. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This gets back to vaccination rates and why there even is a delta variant.  Let's just agree Boyd can tweet whatever the hell he wants. 

I can agree with that. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 03:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I think Tyler would have been better served to have not posted those tweets. If he feels that way, then fine...but it doesn't come off like he put much actual thought into it.

I think Tyler, and every other player who supposedly went to college, should refrain from tweeting anything if that's the best English they can come up with. I mean, c'mon man.... you went to college.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2021, 08:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Tyler, and every other player who supposedly went to college, should refrain from tweeting anything if that's the best English they can come up with. I mean, c'mon man.... you went to college.

My son's friend had a college class with a guy who's now in the NFL. Said he saw him in class once. 

Reply/Quote
And...it's beginning to happen elsewhere outside the NFL. CNN has fired people who came to work unvaccinated. United Airlines just announced all employees must now be vaccinated to work there.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 08:53 AM)Goalpost Wrote: And...it's beginning to happen elsewhere outside the NFL.  CNN has fired people who came to work unvaccinated.  United Airlines just announced all employees must now be vaccinated to work there.

At least the anti union people should be happy to see employers iron-fisting their employees like this.  
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 09:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: At least the anti union people should be happy to see employers iron-fisting their employees like this.  

In the case of CNN, there could be some dishonesty involved with the employees.  Maybe they were working from home or something and decided to come into the office.  Word is they lied and said they were vaccinated and weren't.  The story is still evolving.
Reply/Quote
What's the stipulation on the contract?!?!? We know contracts are everything in the NFL. You would think the players would have more leverage on this as most likely it's NOT IN THE CONTRACT. The NFLPA needs to be dumped.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 09:55 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: What's the stipulation on the contract?!?!? We know contracts are everything in the NFL.  You would think the players would have more leverage on this as most likely it's NOT IN THE CONTRACT.   The NFLPA needs to be dumped.

I would say pronibiting actions detrimental to the team IS IN THE CONTRACT

Reply/Quote