Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Covid punishments....
(08-06-2021, 10:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I would say pronibiting actions detrimental to the team IS IN THE CONTRACT

Anything could be detrimental to the team, the NFLPA could have leveraged a better solution for their players. 

I suspect the owners are intent of making up for lost revenue from last year. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2021, 08:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Tyler, and every other player who supposedly went to college, should refrain from tweeting anything if that's the best English they can come up with. I mean, c'mon man.... you went to college.

Your mom went to college.

[Image: OIP.-IM_OvmZN6JO7G7AKqYbewHaFk?w=235&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I support private business being able to make their own decisions even if I dont agree with them, but I also agree with employees being able to speak their mind. If they get fired for saying words that upset their employer, I will always side with the working man over the corps and people in positions of power. Its just in my nature to do so. Power to the people! I believe in that forreal.

Funny, but you n ever struck me as a big fan of unions.
Reply/Quote
Some additional information related to previous claims:

https://abbott.mediaroom.com/2020-10-07-Abbott-Releases-ID-NOW-TM-COVID-19-Interim-Clinical-Study-Results-from-1-003-People-to-Provide-the-Facts-on-Clinical-Performance-and-to-Support-Public-Health

This is the Covid test we use. Don't know what the NFL uses.  It has a sensitivity of 95% and a specificity of 97.9%. So it is very accurate.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/

As of July 30th, the Kaiser Family Foundation reports less than 1% of new Covid cases are in fully vaccinated people.  I think in August that number has increased a bit, but still under 10%, maybe less than 5%.  Still compiling data for the latest surge.  Personally, I've only had 3 fully vaccinated people test positive. The overwhelming amount of new cases are unvaccinated.
Reply/Quote
Zims is doing what he can to motivate that disease infested team we open against:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-viking-infectious-disease-expert-message-osterholm-vaccination-rate-safety-171452936.html
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 07:53 PM)jason Wrote: ... because of a completely avoidable outbreak

Ummmm, if even vaccinated people can become infected and spread it to others... what exactly is completely avoidable?
NOTHING is completely avoidable.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 11:51 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, if even vaccinated people can become infected and spread it to others... what exactly is completely avoidable?
NOTHING is completely avoidable.

I’m not sure, but I’m seeing more vaccinated or at the very least the same amount of people in the NFL testing positive than unvaccinated. Not anti-Vaxxer by any means, but seems pretty interesting to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 11:55 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m not sure, but I’m seeing more vaccinated or at the very least the same amount of people in the NFL testing positive than unvaccinated. Not anti-Vaxxer by any means, but seems pretty interesting to me.

Sine the start of this latest surge, I’ve diagnosed six, maybe seven, patients with Covid who were fully vaccinated. Two were taking meds to suppress their immune system which would reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. Versus hundreds of unvaccinated.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 02:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sine the start of this latest surge, I’ve diagnosed six, maybe seven, patients with Covid who were fully vaccinated. Two were taking meds to suppress their immune system which would reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. Versus hundreds of unvaccinated.

Cool. I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about what has happened in the NFL. But thanks for that information.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 02:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Cool. I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about what has happened in the NFL. But thanks for that information.

Ok, let’s crunch some numbers if you see just as many vaccinated players test positive as unvaccinated players.

There are 2,080 players in the NFL including practice squad players. According to Washington Post yesterday, 92.7% of players are fully or partially vaccinated. Only four teams are below 90%. So let’s make it simple and estimate 90% are fully vaccinated.

That means 1,872 players are vaccinated and 208 aren’t vaccinated. Let’s just say we have three positive cases in each group. That equals a positivity rate of 0.16% in vaccinated players and 1.44% in unvaccinated players. Or there is an 800% increase in the positivity rate of unvaccinated players versus vaccinated players.

And what does that mean? It means the vaccine is protecting the vaccinated players. Because if you have a small number of cases in 90% of your population and the same number of cases in only 10% of your population, the minority of the population is affected at an increased rate even though the total numbers are the same.

If the vaccine wasn’t protective you would see more cases in the 90% of vaccinated players versus the 10% of unvaccinated players. Instead of the same amount you claimed.

Pretty interesting, right?

PS. I’ll make it even more simple. I got 2,000 pennies. I put 1,800 pennies in one pile and 200 pennies in another pile. I take 3 pennies away from each pile. Which pile was affected the least?
Reply/Quote
The internet for years:
You know what is wrong these days? Too many participation trophies...not everyone gets to be a winner, kid. Earn your accomplishments! 7th place isn't "as good" as 1st.

The internet now:
Let me explain why my internet research is just as good as a decade of medical school.
Reply/Quote
Not everyone learns the same. That was an example you can easily visualize in your head to illustrate my point. Any condescension was inferred by you. If you feel I was condescending then I apologize.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny, but you n ever struck me as a big fan of unions.

Im getting you a label maker for Christmas fredtoast lol. Truth is though, I'm indifferent to unions. What I meant was all people, union or not. 
Reply/Quote
I've never heard of this man before, but my uncle, who holds a Phd in sciences, shared this on his facebook, so I decided to share it because in times of uncertainty, I think we can use as much info and perspective as we can get on all sides.

https://chriswaldburger.substack.com/p/bombshell-uk-data-destroys-entire

https://chriswaldburger.substack.com/p/science-is-the-belief-in-the-ignorance

https://www.biznews.com/health/2021/06/28/covid-19-vaccine-immunity

I very highly recommend reading these with an open mind and checking his sources as well. Its worth a half hour to do so if covid and covid shots are on your mind a lot.
Reply/Quote
Breaking News, recent Covid "vaccine" recipient Ryan Tannehill has contracted Covid and will have to sit out 5-10 days, or until he can produce the required negative testing to be able to play again

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32089228/qb-ryan-tannehill-nine-tennessee-titans-positive-covid-19-sources-say
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 12:11 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I have had Covid so I feel getting the vaccine shot is a risk I do not need to take. In fact Science is proving the antibodies from having Covid is just as strong or stronger than the shot. 

This is false, but you do you 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:06 AM)Go Cards Wrote: There are many vaccinated people who get severe symptoms as well as unvaccinated. It should be an individual choice imo.

I am vaccinated but am undecided on whether to get it again and know Dr's that have refused it for them and their families and don't recommend.
Know Dr's that have been vaccinated as well and highly recommend it. Only time will tell who is right but the survival rate is high.

Now the ones that get it severely are very sad cases but they're not the masses and almost always have underlying conditions.

This is the first business I know basically forcing their employees to be vaccinated or face major backlash from teammates, coaches and fans.

People are right in saying this is stripping away freedoms and others are right when saying they can always leave and work elsewhere. But if a few star players that have already made their money walk out the door it will not sit well with fans and season ticket holders.

Its a tough call and both sides make good points. Just glad I cancelled my season tickets.
Very rare for a person who has been vaccinated to have to go to the hospital.  Over 95% of those in hospitals from Covid or that die from Covid are unvaccinated.  This is not stripping away freedoms.  For many jobs you need to have many vaccinations to work.  
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 06:01 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I've never heard of this man before, but my uncle, who holds a Phd in sciences, shared this on his facebook, so I decided to share it because in times of uncertainty, I think we can use as much info and perspective as we can get on all sides.

I very highly recommend reading these with an open mind and checking his sources as well. Its worth a half hour to do so if covid and covid shots are on your mind a lot.

In the first link he claims the vaccine increases your chance for death, but his numbers and analysis are wrong. Approximately 63% of England is fully vaccinated for Covid or approximately 36 million people. So there were 402 deaths among the vaccinated out of a population of 36M. And 339 deaths among the unvaccinated out of a population of 20M. If you calculate the case fatality rate for each population and then the percent increase between the two you’ll see there was a 51.7% increase in deaths among the unvaccinated. The data doesn’t indicate direct admits or cases lasting longer than 28 days. Also, the data lists patients with two vaccinations, but doesn’t indicate how many were fully vaccinated because you’re not fully vaccinated immediately after receiving the second shot which is why patients are cautioned to continue protecting themselves.

You complain you don’t believe the numbers claiming they’re elevated due to fraud. So why would you believe the numbers you don’t believe? You don’t get to claim the numbers aren’t accurate and then try to use the numbers you claim are inaccurate to prove a point. So you’re gonna have to pick a side; the numbers are inaccurate or accurate? You can’t have it both ways.

The second link, again with the masks BS? The main mechanism of spread is through respiratory droplets and aerosols. Not by individual molecules. A respiratory droplets is approximately 5 microns and a Covid molecule is approximately 0.1 microns. If we convert that to inches, it is the about the difference between a cannonball and a half of a BB. If I try to throw a cannonball at your face through a chain link fence, the fence will stop it. If I throw half of a BB at your face it will pass right through the chain link fence, but it won’t hurt you. Unless I’ve got volley fire with about 10K Ralphies from A Christmas Story with an official Red Rider, carbine action, two hundred shot, model range rifle. And that’s how procedure masks and face coverings work. They stop the cannonballs of infection while the N95 respirator will stop the BBs, too. And if you don’t believe they work, go hang out in an ER and observe the staff.

Third link, no one is dismissing acquired immunity. But, if acquired immunity is life long, why do people who had chickenpox need to get varicella boosters? Because immunity can fade and that varies by the disease and the individual.

I’ll address the Ryan Tannehill post here. When did he receive his second vaccination?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 06:01 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I've never heard of this man before, but my uncle, who holds a Phd in sciences, shared this on his facebook, so I decided to share it because in times of uncertainty, I think we can use as much info and perspective as we can get on all sides.

And I very highly recommend folks listen to what the overwhelming majority of the scientific community say. Its worth saving a life. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 11:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In the first link he claims the vaccine increases your chance for death, but his numbers and analysis are wrong. Approximately 63% of England is fully vaccinated for Covid or approximately 36 million people. So there were 402 deaths among the vaccinated out of a population of 36M. And 339 deaths among the unvaccinated out of a population of 20M. If you calculate the case fatality rate for each population and then the percent increase between the two you’ll see there was a 51.7% increase in deaths among the unvaccinated. The data doesn’t indicate direct admits or cases lasting longer than 28 days. Also, the data lists patients with two vaccinations, but doesn’t indicate how many were fully vaccinated because you’re not fully vaccinated immediately after receiving the second shot which is why patients are cautioned to continue protecting themselves.

You complain you don’t believe the numbers claiming they’re elevated due to fraud. So why would you believe the numbers you don’t believe? You don’t get to claim the numbers aren’t accurate and then try to use the numbers you claim are inaccurate to prove a point. So you’re gonna have to pick a side; the numbers are inaccurate or accurate? You can’t have it both ways.

The second link, again with the masks BS? The main mechanism of spread is through respiratory droplets and aerosols. Not by individual molecules. A respiratory droplets is approximately 5 microns and a Covid molecule is approximately 0.1 microns. If we convert that to inches, it is the about the difference between a cannonball and a half of a BB. If I try to throw a cannonball at your face through a chain link fence, the fence will stop it. If I throw half of a BB at your face it will pass right through the chain link fence, but it won’t hurt you. Unless I’ve got volley fire with about 10K Ralphies from A Christmas Story with an official Red Rider, carbine action, two hundred shot, model range rifle. And that’s how procedure masks and face coverings work. They stop the cannonballs of infection while the N95 respirator will stop the BBs, too. And if you don’t believe they work, go hang out in an ER and observe the staff.

Third link, no one is dismissing acquired immunity. But, if acquired immunity is life long, why do people who had chickenpox need to get varicella boosters? Because immunity can fade and that varies by the disease and the individual.

I’ll address the Ryan Tannehill post here. When did he receive his second vaccination?

I admire how you've kept up the good fight over the past year and some change. It seems to me it would be exhausting to keep speaking (from a place of actual knowledge and dedication) to people who would've called you a witch in the 17th century.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote