Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Covid punishments....
(07-23-2021, 12:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dont believe everything mainstream media tells you....

Agree 100% and this past year has made me quit watching any news at all and just observe the world through my own eyes and research. 

But must head off to work so I am out this conversation, so enjoy and be safe folks. Sorry for the rants but rarely get days off work anymore per this new world we live in and needed to vent some. Yet did finally get granted a 3 day stretch (which was badly needed) to visit family in Ohio last weekend. It was good to do so and take in a concert as well even but now I am on a 15 day straight run again, ugh.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 09:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We will never achieve herd immunity and “get back to normal” with a 50-60% vaccination rate nationally.

That is a bit of a miss leading number... vaccination is over 70% when you take out the student population which really there has little spread, low risk and little research has been done with them.  Once FDA approves the vaccines, I can see a increase in the youth being vaccinated.

The big issue overall is the african american community.. I read less than 25% vaccinated... that needs to be the main focus
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 12:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree 100% and this past year has made me quit watching any news at all and just observe the world through my own eyes and research. 

But must head off to work so I am out this conversation, so enjoy and be safe folks. Sorry for the rants but rarely get days off work anymore per this new world we live in and needed to vent some. Yet did finally get granted a 3 day stretch (which was badly needed) to visit family in Ohio last weekend. It was good to do so and take in a concert as well even but now I am on a 15 day straight run again, ugh.  

Who did you see in concert?  Let's argue about that. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 09:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How many false positives forced games to be cancelled or rescheduled last season in the NFL?

it forced players out of lineups and was an impact for sure on moving games... and now with this enforcement it could cause forfeits,, also it is not just false positives.. depending on what procedure they are using.. a single droplet detected results in a positive .... just test those not vaccinated  and you will lesson the issues that have been created
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 12:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: it forced players out of lineups and was an impact for sure on moving games... and now with this enforcement it could cause forfeits,, also it is not just false positives.. depending on what procedure they are using.. a single droplet detected results in a positive .... just test those not vaccinated  and you will lesson the issues that have been created

Forfeits could help us. I bet Haskins gives strip club covid to the Steelers this year.  
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 10:42 AM)jwalker3853 Wrote: I agree with you.   I think that long term, Covid is going to be another seasonal virus.   Also, in terms of herd immunity, I think that the vaccine only plays into part of the story.   There are folks out there that have anti-bodies due to already having Covid.   It doesn't make sense to me that your body could make anti-bodies that are effective via a vaccine but aren't effective if you have already had the virus.   I understand there may be differences due to various strains but to fully discount it the way it has been - to me - doesn't make sense and is missing a part of this.    I'd be curious as to how many of the variant D deaths among the unvaccinated population had already had Covid in the past.   Don't know if that stat exists or not, but it would be interesting to see.  

Right now the data is indicating the antibodies produced by vaccination bind with the spike protein mutations better than the antibodies produced by infection which gives you better protection against mutated strains which could cause a second infection.

That’s why President Trump’s medical team advised him to get vaccinated after previously having Covid and both him and Melania were vaccinated while still at the White House. But, he had to wait awhile after receiving the monoclonal antibodies so they didn’t interfere with his vaccine.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 12:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There are more than 200 viruses that cause colds. Would you take over 200 vaccinations to prevent a cold? And by the time you completed the series of 200 shots at least one virus would probably mutate rending the vaccine ineffective or less effective.

The flu virus mutates annually.

That’s why herd immunity won’t be achieved for those conditions.

Now when was the last time you saw someone with polio?

Covid will likely hit 200 mutations in the near future.  It was engineered after all.  
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:19 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Covid will likely hit 200 mutations in the near future.  It was engineered after all.  

"Made in China" is hardly the hallmark of quality and resilience. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: "Made in China" is hardly the hallmark of quality and resilience. 

For their vaccine...yes. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 05:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If this only affected the person's life and wasn't so easily spreadable (e.g. smoking), I'd agree. But this virus and the current dominant variant/strain right now (delta) make this highly contagious and can be very severe for certain individuals. As someone who works for a large collection of hospitals, I see the impact more than others have.

The NFL is trying to be safe, and in the case of safety over freedom of choice, safety probably should be the priority.

So you agree with forcing someone into taking something they don't want put in their body? Good grief. This world is @#%$;*..
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 09:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Did you know people that work at Burger King or McDonalds HAVE to keep a clean shaven face or they will be fired? The employees have a choice shave or be unemployed... 

This is the same thing. 

Shaving and putting a could be deadly poison in your body is not the same thing...
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:41 PM)Tony Wrote: So you agree with forcing someone into taking something they don't want put in their body? Good grief. This world is @#%$;*..

The NFL cannot force, only compel. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:45 PM)Tony Wrote: Shaving and putting a could be deadly poison in your body is not the same thing...

If you think your employer is trying to poison you, you should get a new job. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 12:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: it forced players out of lineups and was an impact for sure on moving games... and now with this enforcement it could cause forfeits,,

So there wasn’t a single game cancelled due to false positives. This year, forfeits can occur if the team is unable to field a team due to unvaccinated players. That means the team would have to have multiple false positives in an entire position group without time to perform retesting in unvaccinated players making this scenario unlikely, but not impossible.

At this point, Covid is 95% preventable with the Pfizer vaccine, 94% with Moderna, and 66% with Johnson&Johnson.

Quote:also it is not just false positives.. depending on what procedure they are using.. a single droplet detected results in a positive ....

You just described a false positive so I don’t understand what you mean.

Quote:just test those not vaccinated  and you will lesson the issues that have been created

Forfeits won’t occur because of vaccinated players. So if you have 53 vaccinated players test positive, they won’t be allowed to play to prevent possibly infecting the other team, but the team doesn’t have to forfeit and the NFL also stated in this situation they will work with the teams to reschedule.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:54 PM)Tony Wrote: Let me guess, You voted Biden..

He's arguing for the rights and freedom of choice  of a gigantic billion dollar corporation, though. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:19 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Covid will likely hit 200 mutations in the near future.  It was engineered after all.  

I didn’t write 200 mutations. I wrote 200 viruses as in different virus, not mutations of the same virus.

The flu virus doesn’t mutate causing antigenic shift 200 times annually.

It is up for debate and not proven Covid 19 was engineered.

Let’s try to keep this in the realm of reality.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:41 PM)Tony Wrote: So you agree with forcing someone into taking something they don't want put in their body? Good grief. This world is @#%$;*..

It’s called the US military.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So there wasn’t a single game cancelled due to false positives. This year, forfeits can occur if the team is unable to field a team due to unvaccinated players. That means the team would have to have multiple false positives in an entire position group without time to perform retesting in unvaccinated players making this scenario unlikely, but not impossible.

At this point, Covid is 95% preventable with the Pfizer vaccine, 94% with Moderna, and 66% with Johnson&Johnson.

You just described a false positive so I don’t understand what you mean.

Forfeits won’t occur because of vaccinated players. So if you have 53 vaccinated players test positive, they won’t be allowed to play to prevent possibly infecting the other team, but the team doesn’t have to forfeit and the NFL also stated in this situation they will work with the teams to reschedule.

Do we really know that about Delta and any other future variants though? Early statistics are showing that Pfizer isnt as effective against Delta. Do they change the rules to fit that if it turns out to be true? For instance if players had the Pfizer vax they would have to get a different one to fit the new strains to avoid punishment? What if a new strain comes out that none of the vaccines are effective against? Do they all get punished, or do they just drop it all and let things play out how they will? 

Lots of unanswered questions with both Covid and the vaccines. Too many to start imposing such rules, imo. 

I wonder if a few years down the road, we will be seeing TV commercials saying: "If you took the _______ Vaccine and you grew a third eye, you are entitled to compensation" lol. I'm just being goofy, but, something like that is possible. How many people truly trust the pharm industry? It's weird because 20 years ago and earlier, almost no one did, especially liberals. Fear works.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:45 PM)Tony Wrote: Shaving and putting a could be deadly poison in your body is not the same thing...

This is misinformation. The manufacturers have all the safety data required to bring the vaccines to market which is why they were granted an emergency use authorization. They don’t have the full efficacy data for full FDA approval.

President Trump and First Lady Melania both received Covid vaccines. President Trump endorses everyone who can get the vaccine should. You think he would let them inject him with a poison when he won’t even let his hair get wet?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 02:09 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Do we really know that about Delta and any other future variants though? Early statistics are showing that Pfizer isnt as effective against Delta. Do they change the rules to fit that if it turns out to be true? For instance if players had the Pfizer vax they would have to get a different one to fit the new strains to avoid punishment? What if a new strain comes out that none of the vaccines are effective against? Do they all get punished, or do they just drop it all and let things play out how they will? 

That is the data from the trials when there wasn’t a delta variant. But, according to this article in JAMA, the vaccines produce better immunity to the delta variant than prior infection.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2782139

No vaccination is 100% effective, but they are the best tool we have at preventing infection.

Quote:Lots of unanswered questions with both Covid and the vaccines. Too many to start imposing such rules, imo. 

When you have your own professional sports league, I hope you remember you don’t think you can make your own rules.

Quote:I wonder if a few years down the road, we will be seeing TV commercials saying: "If you took the _______ Vaccine and you grew a third eye, you are entitled to compensation" lol. I'm just being goofy, but, something like that is possible. How many people truly trust the pharm industry? It's weird because 20 years ago and earlier, almost no one did, especially liberals. Fear works.

There are always personal injury lawyers looking for an out of court settlement. But, show me how many vaccines have been recalled from the US market and why?
Reply/Quote