Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Covid punishments....
(07-22-2021, 10:48 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I already said.  I would expand the rosters by about 5 and maybe even have a 'tax' on the unvaccinated to pay those last people on the roster (unless there is a specific medical reason for not taking the vaccination -- which there are a few that it would be dangerous for them to take it.)

I'm sure a reasonable arrangement can be achieved.

There has been 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:57 PM)EatonFan Wrote: How is that a false choice?  There are consequences, but it isn't so severe that teams would fire you for not getting an 'emergency use' vaccine.  Again.  I'm for the vaccine, but forcing people is not right.

If your choices and up costing your employer lots of money you are going to be in hot water and at risk of losing your job.  Right and wrong don't even have to factor into it.  The NFL exists to make money and players who put the money machine model at risk for whatever reason, are doing so at their own risk. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 11:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There has been 

Nope.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If your choices and up costing your employer lots of money you are going to be in hot water and at risk of losing your job.  Right and wrong don't even have to factor into it.  The NFL exists to make money and players who put the money machine model at risk for whatever reason, are doing so at their own risk. 

You'd make a great corporate stooge.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 11:12 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Nope.

I'm already picturing the Steelers promoting a slew of covid infested practice squad players to spit the new covid mutation on to Joe Burrow during an MVP worthy season.  The 2021 SB we never won thanks to the Steelers can go next to the 15 and 05 ones. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 11:13 PM)EatonFan Wrote: You'd make a great corporate stooge.

It's my freedom to choose to be a corporate stooge, thank you very much. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 11:13 PM)EatonFan Wrote: You'd make a great corporate stooge.

If you want to call another member names take it to PnR...If you want to discuss the matter feel free to do so.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 08:04 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: It like many of our other freedoms are going away.

I would never thought I would see the day in America that we are not free.

If you are already vaccinated why are you worried a bout the people who are not vaccinated?

It should not affect you. Your vaccinated!

I'm fully vaccinated.  My mom has also had the vaccine recently, but didn't create the antibodies due to the various drugs she's taking fight leukemia. She was diagnosed shortly before COVID and was forced to retire when it hit as a result due to being immunocompromised.  I may be biased on this, but she busted her tail all her life and I would like to see her be able to enjoy her retirement.  Her birthday was this month.  It would have been nice to be able to take her to her favorite restaurant like my sister and I always did for her.  It would be nice if her idea of a good time now wasn't getting in her car and driving around the outerbelt.  

It aggravates me when individuals try to politicize COVID and talk about freedom while they take away freedom from people who rely on herd immunity to live anything remotely approaching a normal life.  We're talking about freedom because people making hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars a year might lose a game check because they didn't get vaccinated?  Try effectively living your life under house arrest.
Reply/Quote
If you put those around you at risk, you put yourself at risk. Gotta respect those around you, or you lose respect. Seems fair to me.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 11:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm fully vaccinated.  My mom has also had the vaccine recently, but didn't create the antibodies due to the various drugs she's taking fight leukemia. She was diagnosed shortly before COVID and was forced to retire when it hit as a result due to being immunocompromised.  I may be biased on this, but she busted her tail all her life and I would like to see her be able to enjoy her retirement.  Her birthday was this month.  It would have been nice to be able to take her to her favorite restaurant like my sister and I always did for her.  It would be nice if her idea of a good time now wasn't getting in her car and driving around the outerbelt.  

It aggravates me when individuals try to politicize COVID and talk about freedom while they take away freedom from people who rely on herd immunity to live anything remotely approaching a normal life.  We're talking about freedom because people making hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars a year might lose a game check because they didn't get vaccinated?  Try effectively living your life under house arrest.

I have had Covid so I feel getting the vaccine shot is a risk I do not need to take. In fact Science is proving the antibodies from having Covid is just as strong or stronger than the shot. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 08:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Get real.  They are being forced.

They truly are not. They are free to make whatever choice they want, but there are consequences for not getting the vaccine. You’re correct that the options for continued professional football play are very limited, but these gentlemen are in a very unique position that many of us are not. They are able to play a professional sport for life changing wealth.

They are free to choose to not get the vaccine, but need to understand it could put their career in jeopardy. They are also free to get the vaccine and keep their job, at the expense of their personal beliefs. They still have a choice to make.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 12:11 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I have had Covid so I feel getting the vaccine shot is a risk I do not need to take. In fact Science is proving the antibodies from having Covid is just as strong or stronger than the shot. 

I’m pretty sure I had covid too right before it came out publicly. Had the worst cold I ever had and then gave it to my sister and step dad. My step dad got neumonia (not sure on spelling). But anyway, I haven’t been sick since. I still got the shot because I’m a designer and work with people and just wanted to be able to say that I got it. I would feel just as protected having not gotten the shot. But I got it to make those around me feel at ease.
Reply/Quote
Football needs to start already. It’s nice the nhl playoffs ran late this year. And the nba finals were entertaining as well. Only a couple more weeks. We’re getting closer to the real thing. God protect Burrow and let him finish the year healthy!
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 12:11 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I have had Covid so I feel getting the vaccine shot is a risk I do not need to take. In fact Science is proving the antibodies from having Covid is just as strong or stronger than the shot. 

Yet, the medical community still recommends getting a Covid vaccination after recovering from Covid.

Can you forward the article about the antibodies to me?
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 08:04 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: It like many of our other freedoms are going away.

I would never thought I would see the day in America that we are not free.

If you are already vaccinated why are you worried a bout the people who are not vaccinated?

It should not affect you. Your vaccinated!

What about people who can not be vaccinated?
Reply/Quote
There are many vaccinated people who get severe symptoms as well as unvaccinated. It should be an individual choice imo.

I am vaccinated but am undecided on whether to get it again and know Dr's that have refused it for them and their families and don't recommend.
Know Dr's that have been vaccinated as well and highly recommend it. Only time will tell who is right but the survival rate is high.

Now the ones that get it severely are very sad cases but they're not the masses and almost always have underlying conditions.

This is the first business I know basically forcing their employees to be vaccinated or face major backlash from teammates, coaches and fans.

People are right in saying this is stripping away freedoms and others are right when saying they can always leave and work elsewhere. But if a few star players that have already made their money walk out the door it will not sit well with fans and season ticket holders.

Its a tough call and both sides make good points. Just glad I cancelled my season tickets.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 01:06 AM)Go Cards Wrote: There are many vaccinated people who get severe symptoms as well as unvaccinated. It should be an individual choice imo.

I am vaccinated but am undecided on whether to get it again and know Dr's that have refused it for them and their families and don't recommend.
Know Dr's that have been vaccinated as well and highly recommend it. Only time will tell who is right but the survival rate is high.

Now the ones that get it severely are very sad cases but they're not the masses and almost always have underlying conditions.

This is the first business I know basically forcing their employees to be vaccinated or face major backlash from teammates, coaches and fans.

People are right in saying this is stripping away freedoms and others are right when saying they can always leave and work elsewhere. But if a few star players that have already made their money walk out the door it will not sit well with fans and season ticket holders.

Its a tough call and both sides make good points. Just glad I cancelled my season tickets.

There have been over 600K deaths in the US due to Covid and 303K occurred after the start of the vaccine rollout. Less than 6K were among the fully vaccinated. Of the 18K Covid deaths in May 2021 only 150 were fully vaccinated. Texas has reported 9K Covid deaths since February. Only 43 were fully vaccinated. Since January in Virginia 99.4% of Covid cases were in the unvaccinated; 2,447 unvaccinated people died compared to 18 deaths in fully vaccinated people. Between January and June of this year 7,091 unvaccinated people died of Covid in Georgia compared to 14 fully vaccinated people. 99.4% of Georgians hospitalized for Covid during the same period were not fully vaccinated.

Some of you act as if you’ve never heard of mandatory school vaccines. Are kids having their rights stripped because they have to get a tetanus shot?
Reply/Quote
Sounds like some players aren't happy about this.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31864185/deandre-hopkins-players-react-nfl-vaccine-memo-questions-future-nfl
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:43 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Yes.  There does.  The NFL is a monopoly. 

If they catch covid they are out for two weeks and don't get paid.  I'd even fine them a 3rd game too.  That's a pretty good punishment.

If one player has a reaction and dies, I hope the family sues and the NFL is financially to its knees.  

Nope.  They don't have a choice.  Monopoly dude.  That's like saying well golly, you can just flip hamburgers for $10/hr instead.  There is no comparison.  Understand I'm for the vaccine, but I'm not for forcing a 'emergency use' on someone.  That should be between them and a doctor, not forced upon them.  

Monopoly on playing a sport. It is not a commodity. These players don't have to play football. Someone is willing for them to PLAY it for THEM for money. When that dynamic changes, you are gone. That's what they sign up for. Domestic violence and in the NFL, you are done. If you are a landscaper, no one cares. High reward, but you are still getting paid to do it there way. 

They have options. Is the CFL or Arena League as popular? No. Does it pay as well? No. So, if you want all what the NFL can afford you, you have to do it their way. Every business works this way. Just because they are the best one around just shows they know what they are doing. These guys have a union. They get to vote. See if a server at Applebee's gets the same type of representation.

Keep using forced but that is exactly what you want the league to do with their product. They make money having games. If a team and billionaire owners can't get the people who they employee to make that happen, they have to push on without them and not punish the other team for it. Making millions and billions to show up on Sunday. Because your WR is scared of a vaccine and wants to party at the Cough In My Face Lounge and catches covid, the other team has to suffer too? Nope.

Monopoly for fans....maybe. The players are not paying money to use the NFL field. They benefit from it. They buy the houses and cars because of it. They all dream of playing in the NFL. Once there, they want it their way. It is a business. Every player who used to play has been replaced with another man making even more money. Just because they don't want to or can't do something else for the same amount of money is not on the NFL, that is on the players. 

Playing in the NFL is a privilege. It is not a promise. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 08:13 PM)jason Wrote: This thread is gonna get locked or moved... But I'll bite.

What freedom did you recently lose that you used to have?

All the vaccinated people I know don't give a damn about the unvaccinated save for maybe small children.

It doesn't affect the vaccinated... Until it eventually mutates into something that lessens the efficacy of the current vaccines. Then we'll worry about how the unvaccinated set us back to square one... While they ***** about restrictions coming back.

Me personally I don't care about the unvaccinated.  Would I prefer they get the vaccine definitely but that's their choice.  My choice is there's a 5% chance I could get it and if I contract the virus then the symptoms will be less.  

I look at this way when it comes to vaccines in our country.  Anyone who's my age, 50+ had to have vaccines before they were even let into kindergarten.  Our school district required you have all vaccinations before being allowed to start school.  Did that violate my freedom and take away my freedom as a 5 year old because they were protect me and my classmates? 

Then when I joined the military, anyone who has gone through basic training knows your a pin cushion.  During the first week your there you line up roll up y our sleeves are given many vaccines.  You didn't ask what they were for.  I'm going to guess they violated my freedoms somehow though. 

When I look at this vaccine, I figure I've already had so many inoculations by our government that if they wanted to kill me or track me they would've had multiple opportunities to do so.  
Reply/Quote