Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Covid punishments....
(07-22-2021, 07:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya, but those consequences should be the same regardless of if the outbreak stemmed from a vaccinated individual or non vaccinated individual. The way it’s written makes it sound like it won’t be, which is dumb IMO.

Consequences should be equal despite conditions like that. If two guys break the same rule in the workplace, one shouldnt get preferential treatment because he’s generally a good guy or a better worker. That’s essentially what it feels like here. Consequences should be the same….

No, they shouldn't. The league has said if you take precautions and get vaccinated, they will work with you, as the timetables are much decreased. That's one choice. 
If you choose not to get vaccinated and bring it into your locker room and spread it to teammates, that's the second choice. You have the right to that choice, but like free speech, it may be free but it is not free from consequences. 
Or, they still have a 3rd choice, which is to opt out and not play. 
I guess we're about to see who team players are.....
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 05:09 PM)Mer Wrote: What ever happened to freedom of choice?
It like many of our other freedoms are going away.

I would never thought I would see the day in America that we are not free.

If you are already vaccinated why are you worried a bout the people who are not vaccinated?

It should not affect you. Your vaccinated!
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 07:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, they shouldn't. The league has said if you take precautions and get vaccinated, they will work with you, as the timetables are much decreased. That's one choice. 
If you choose not to get vaccinated and bring it into your locker room and spread it to teammates, that's the second choice. You have the right to that choice, but like free speech, it may be free but it is not free from consequences. 
Or, they still have a 3rd choice, which is to opt out and not play. 
I guess we're about to see who team players are.....

I would understand individual punishments but when you take it to a team level it’s a tricky line to walk.
Reply/Quote
If you cost me a game check because of your choices, you might miss the next game with an undisclosed injury.

Just like I'm free to use plenty of substances as regular, guy, those same items will get me banned/suspended from the NFL. It's their league, so it's their rules. Can take your ball and go home if you don't like it.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 08:04 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: It like many of our other freedoms are going away.

If you are already vaccinated why are you worried a bout the people who are not vaccinated?

This thread is gonna get locked or moved... But I'll bite.

What freedom did you recently lose that you used to have?

All the vaccinated people I know don't give a damn about the unvaccinated save for maybe small children.

It doesn't affect the vaccinated... Until it eventually mutates into something that lessens the efficacy of the current vaccines. Then we'll worry about how the unvaccinated set us back to square one... While they ***** about restrictions coming back.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 07:18 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: As someone else pointed out, any player is free to choose to not get the vaccine. They aren’t being forced to do so. They will face the consequences, however. Whether that is them being cut or causing a regular season forfeiture, who knows.

Get real.  They are being forced.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 08:04 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: It like many of our other freedoms are going away.

I'm vaccinated with Pfizer, but did not develop antibodies thanks to a medication I take to battle MS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 08:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Get real.  They are being forced.

You don't understand what forced is. There are countries that truly are forcing people. This is a league and not a government, and it's not like players will be beaten or imprisoned for not getting the shot. They are not being punished for not having the shot.

Don't get the shot and also don't get the virus and spread it to others, you will have all the other opportunities everyone else does. Nothing to worry about and you don't have the shot. You say you won't get the shot, then get covid, and it spreads enough that the team can't field players, you don't get to play and if you don't play, you don't get paid. Seems like any simple business. 

Just because someone doesn't like the accountability for their actions does not equal being forced. 

And if they were straight up saying, get the shot or don't play, I'm ok with it. The leagues choice. Make millions in the NFL and play by their rules or take that bogus liberal arts degree from your Div 1 college and be a landscaper or something. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 05:09 PM)Mer Wrote: What ever happened to freedom of choice?

Employers can choose to tell their employees what to do and employees are free to find other jobs.  No one is forcing NFL players to get the vaccine. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 08:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Get real.  They are being forced.

Did you know people that work at Burger King or McDonalds HAVE to keep a clean shaven face or they will be fired? The employees have a choice shave or be unemployed... 

This is the same thing. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 08:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Employers can choose to tell their employees what to do and employees are free to find other jobs.  No one is forcing NFL players to get the vaccine. 

There really is no other league to go to.  Forced.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 09:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Did you know people that work at Burger King or McDonalds HAVE to keep a clean shaven face or they will be fired? The employees have a choice shave or be unemployed... 

This is the same thing. 

Nope.  There is no other league to go to.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 09:53 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Nope.  There is no other league to go to.

CFL. Plus they all have college educations to get other jobs outside of football. They might not pay as well but that is a choice.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 09:59 PM)Synric Wrote: CFL. Plus they all have college educations to get other jobs outside of football. They might not pay as well but that is a choice.

Hardly.
Reply/Quote
There doesn't have to be another league to go to. You are not entitled to playing in the NFL. Plus, they are not kicking them out of the league for not being unvaccinated. Being unvaccinated, catching covid and spreading it to the point that the team is unable to field the team, means you don't get paid because you didn't play. They are just no longer going to bend over backwards for things like that happen.

How about players "forced" to change schedules because their opponents can't play because they don't want to get the shot? You have an agreed upon date and time to play and now that changes because the D-student with a football scholarship still needs more info on the vaccine? Nope. They had no choice in the matter. If the vaccine is that dangerous, they should be willing to miss a paycheck over it.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:22 PM)Destro Wrote: There doesn't have to be another league to go to. You are not entitled to playing in the NFL. Plus, they are not kicking them out of the league for not being unvaccinated. Being unvaccinated, catching covid and spreading it to the point that the team is unable to field the team, means you don't get paid because you didn't play. They are just no longer going to bend over backwards for things like that happen.

How about players "forced" to change schedules because their opponents can't play because they don't want to get the shot? You have an agreed upon date and time to play and now that changes because the D-student with a football scholarship still needs more info on the vaccine? Nope. They had no choice in the matter. If the vaccine is that dangerous, they should be willing to miss a paycheck over it.

Yes.  There does.  The NFL is a monopoly. 

If they catch covid they are out for two weeks and don't get paid.  I'd even fine them a 3rd game too.  That's a pretty good punishment.

If one player has a reaction and dies, I hope the family sues and the NFL is financially to its knees.  

Nope.  They don't have a choice.  Monopoly dude.  That's like saying well golly, you can just flip hamburgers for $10/hr instead.  There is no comparison.  Understand I'm for the vaccine, but I'm not for forcing a 'emergency use' on someone.  That should be between them and a doctor, not forced upon them.  
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 09:52 PM)EatonFan Wrote: There really is no other league to go to.  Forced.

So what is your solution?  The government should force the NFL to ignore covid?
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So what is your solution?  The government should force the NFL to ignore covid?

I already said.  I would expand the rosters by about 5 and maybe even have a 'tax' on the unvaccinated to pay those last people on the roster (unless there is a specific medical reason for not taking the vaccination -- which there are a few that it would be dangerous for them to take it.)

I'm sure a reasonable arrangement can be achieved.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:48 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I already said.  I would expand the rosters by about 5 and maybe even have a 'tax' on the unvaccinated to pay those last people on the roster (unless there is a specific medical reason for not taking the vaccination -- which there are a few that it would be dangerous for them to take it.)

I'm sure a reasonable arrangement can be achieved.

So NFL players can choose to not be vaccinated as long as they pay a mandatory tax their employer gets to set?   That sounds like another false choice. 

At any rate, 2021 had another covid opt out option and 0 players exercised it. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So NFL players can choose to not be vaccinated as long as they pay a mandatory tax their employer gets to set?   That sounds like another false choice. 

At any rate, 2021 had another covid opt out option and 0 players exercised it. 

How is that a false choice?  There are consequences, but it isn't so severe that teams would fire you for not getting an 'emergency use' vaccine.  Again.  I'm for the vaccine, but forcing people is not right.
Reply/Quote