Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys Desperately Need A QB After Romo Injury..Sooo
Romo is out 6-10 weeks with his latest injury, which is backbreaking to the Cowboys season. My question is Dallas approaches Cincy to acquire AJ, what deal would you accept from Dallas with 1st or 2nd round draft choice being off the table as an option because the Cowboys aren't willing to give those picks up?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:20 AM)GodFather Wrote: Romo is out 6-10 weeks with his latest injury, which is backbreaking to the Cowboys season. My question is Dallas approaches Cincy to acquire AJ, what deal would you accept from Dallas with 1st or 2nd round draft choice being off the table as an option because the Cowboys aren't willing to give those picks up?

My opinion is Jerry Jones isn't smart enough to approach the Bengals for AJ.

You're talking about an owner who fires his head coach after back to back Lombardis, and rides a broken QB who's won 2 playoff games in 10 years and is signed through 2019!!!
Reply/Quote
I'll just copy and paste my post from the Around the NFL section of the forums....
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Highly doubtful. Through three preseason games, here's Dak Prescott's numbers. (Yes I know preseason means very little/nothing, but it shows the Cowboys are not likely to throw high draft picks for McCarron.)

39/50 (78.0% completion), 454 yards (9.1 YPA), 5 TD/0 INT, 137.8 QB Rating ... 7 rushes, 53 yards (7.6 YPC), 2 TD, 0 Fumbles

- -- - - - - - - - - - - -
EDIT:

I'll also add to bengalguy71, don't throw stones in a glass house. Mike Brown is the guy who fired Sam Wyche, then led the Bengals on a lost decade, followed up by riding a mediocre HC who's won 0 playoff games in 13 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:20 AM)GodFather Wrote: Romo is out 6-10 weeks with his latest injury, which is backbreaking to the Cowboys season. My question is Dallas approaches Cincy to acquire AJ, what deal would you accept from Dallas with 1st or 2nd round draft choice being off the table as an option because the Cowboys aren't willing to give those picks up?

I don't think Mike Brown would make a deal that didn't net us a high draft pick because AJ has a lot of potential and I think he's worth at least a 2nd rounder to the right team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't accept anything from Dallas for AJM this season. Our right tackle position is kinda iffy at best ATM. We may need him.

Reply/Quote
Mccarron for zeke jk but in reality we would need probably a second rounder third and a 4th to get rid of him... Bc one draft pick is for a backup qb so we really get 2 picks out of it i wouldnt trade him for anythjng less but it wont happen i think they roll with presccott imo
Reply/Quote
Dallas has prescott who has been playing well. Their offense is built for a rookie QB to succeed. They have a very good O line to protect him, a RB to take the pressure off him, and a very good WR in bryant for him to throw to. I actually think the cowboys would be better off going with prescott at this point since romo is like porcelain now and his chances of getting injured are higher than his chances of not getting injured every time he is in. It may be to the point where romo better serves the cowboys as prescott's mentor and backup than the starter.
Reply/Quote
I think they will continue with Zak and Romo.  Even if Zak falters early, Romo will be back and they think Zak could be their future.

I doubt they would want McCarron for one year and then have to pay him a huge contract on top of the other two.

That being said, if I was Jerry Jones, I would strongly consider building my team around McCarron.  I think Romo is done and AJ would fit that offense very well.

If I'm the Bengals I don't do it for less than a second round pick with a sweetener...like an additional pick the following year.  If Prescott gets injured also...they may have to offer a first rounder.  Think about it:  AJ has been very good in the toughest division in the league and even in a playoff game against pittsburg.  He has that moxy of an NFL QB (I know people hate that, but leadership is a critical function).  It will be interesting to see what happens.  

I'm more surprised that Denver didn't wash out Sanchez already and call about McCarron.  I mean, talk about a team that is ready to win now.  
Reply/Quote
If they sell the farm a' la Oakland for Palmer (not going to happen), then yes. As of right now I see no way this happens. What I will say is if Prescott either stinks it up in the regular season and/or he gets injured then this really could be a possibility down the road. Stars (pun intended) have to align for us though.

Reply/Quote
Our window, as most teams are, is closing. McCarron now has some experience in the system , and a decent skill set, and might be able to keep us in the hunt should Andy go down. So, if I were trading him, I would want a lot. Probably 2,3, and 4. But I would not trade him unless it was a deal I could've refuse.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 01:31 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I wouldn't accept anything from Dallas for AJM this season. Our right tackle position is kinda iffy at best ATM. We may need him.

Am very concerned about RT now as well with these injuries. 

Not sold on Winston long term. For a game or two maybe. 

Need Ogbuehi and or Fischer back pronto. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 08:13 AM)Beaker Wrote: Dallas has prescott who has been playing well. Their offense is built for a rookie QB to succeed. They have a very good O line to protect him, a RB to take the pressure off him, and a very good WR in bryant for him to throw to. I actually think the cowboys would be better off going with prescott at this point since romo is like porcelain now and his chances of getting injured are higher than his chances of not getting injured every time he is in. It may be to the point where romo better serves the cowboys as prescott's mentor and backup than the starter.

Agree 100%

They will roll dice with Prescott as well as he has been playing and all the reasons you mentioned. His preseason play merits a chance anyway. 

Believe that if he does well he might even retain job after Romo's return and become their future. 

They may be interested in a McCarron as a back up insurance policy in case he fails or is injured. But Cowboys would not offer enough to make it worth our time for this. 

Plus doubtful McCarron would take a lateral move with Romo coming back at midseason and Prescott already looking so good. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Absolutely not. God forbid Dalton goes down again... Then what? We need McCarron
Reply/Quote
Does anyone realize that having a quality backup QB isn't exactly the most common situation to be in and quite the luxury? I just don't get the desire so many of you have for trading McCarron for maybe's.. Draft picks are nice, but not guaranteed to be able to step right in at a moments notice..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 10:53 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Absolutely not. God forbid Dalton goes down again... Then what? We need McCarron

Exactly. If we lose Dalton, we are in a worse position than the Cowboys. They at least have a talented rookie with potential. We would have Keith Wenning?? Bye-bye playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:29 PM)grampahol Wrote: Does anyone realize that having a quality backup QB isn't exactly the most common situation to be in and quite the luxury?  I just don't get the desire so many of you have for trading McCarron for maybe's.. Draft picks are nice, but not guaranteed to be able to step right in at a moments notice..

Next year is his last year gramps. He's not going to be a career backup so it's smarter to get something for him before you lose him as a FA, and get nothing.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Next year is his last year gramps. He's not going to be a career backup so it's smarter to get something for him before you lose him as a FA, and get nothing.

Then you trade him at the end of this season. You don't weaken your team at the beginning of a season you are hoping to win the super bowl.
Reply/Quote

How much could we get for Wenning?
Reply/Quote

With no 1st or 2nd round pick, there's not much they could offer, especially with us playing them in week 5.  Still, there's a couple of potential deals I would do.

McCarron for Dez Bryant, straight up *not happening
Mccarron for C Travis Frederick and a 3rd+4th
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Then you trade him at the end of this season. You don't weaken your team at the beginning of a season you are hoping to win the super bowl.

This.

It amazes me how many people think we don't need a back up QB.
Reply/Quote