Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cowboys' Jerry Jones takes jab at Bengals during testimony in court at NFL's Sunday T
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-jerry-jones-takes-jab-at-bengals-during-testimony-in-court-at-nfls-sunday-ticket-trial/

"I am convinced I would make a lot more money than the Bengals," Jones said, via AP. "I'm completely against each team doing TV deals. It is flawed."

Jones could have compared his money-making machine to any NFL team in a smaller market -- really any NFL team at all. Instead, he chose the Bengals. Why? Pro Football Talk mentions that Jones and Bengals owner Mike Brown have a "longstanding feud" when it comes to revenue sharing

[Image: OIP.qn49ZLl-XR8j9K4gVU6uFgHaEK?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He's jealous we have Joe..Joe is a one man revenue stream for the Brown family. Heck! He's a big star at the Paris fashion show. Even the old Cowboy stars of yesteryear didn't do that.   Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
there's always some bad officiating whenever the cowboys play cincy

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Ol Jerry Jones, the guy that by himself was able to destroy what should've been the best run in the history of the NFL. He should've had 5 or 6 championships in an 8 year period. But he fired the one good football decision he's ever made because of his narcissism.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 05:15 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Ol Jerry Jones, the guy that by himself was able to destroy what should've been the best run in the history of the NFL. He should've had 5 or 6 championships in an 8 year period. But he fired the one good football decision he's ever made because of his narcissism.

I'm not sure he "destroyed" them. Jones is a good owner in the sense, he cares, a lot about winning. Does he meddle too much, yes, but he's a good owner and he's a huge reason as to why the NFL is today what it is from a revenue perspective. And he's a 100% self made man. Unlike people such as Mike Brown, and other second and third generation NFL owners who have been happy to just sit back and collect their check at the end of the year. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 05:28 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: I'm not sure he "destroyed" them. Jones is a good owner in the sense, he cares, a lot about winning. Does he meddle too much, yes, but he's a good owner and he's a huge reason as to why the NFL is today what it is from a revenue perspective. And he's a 100% self made man. Unlike people such as Mike Brown, and other second and third generation NFL owners who have been happy to just sit back and collect their check at the end of the year. 

Yeah, agree with this. I don't like the guy but he is pretty good at what he does and is a self made man. He has made mistakes like every
owner does. Just cannot stand the Cowboys and what he says here doesn't irk me as a Bengal fan. The FO as a whole has gotten better 
since Mikey Boy has taken a step back, but there is a long way to go and we were very blessed to get Joe Burrow who gives us automatic
respect just by himself.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 05:28 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: I'm not sure he "destroyed" them. Jones is a good owner in the sense, he cares, a lot about winning. Does he meddle too much, yes, but he's a good owner and he's a huge reason as to why the NFL is today what it is from a revenue perspective. And he's a 100% self made man. Unlike people such as Mike Brown, and other second and third generation NFL owners who have been happy to just sit back and collect their check at the end of the year. 

Not 1 billionaire is self made. Once you hire employees you are no longer self made. Once you invest you are not self made. So tired of this narrative. His wealth was from investments right? A farmer that's off the grid that gets nothing from town is self made.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 05:15 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Ol Jerry Jones, the guy that by himself was able to destroy what should've been the best run in the history of the NFL. He should've had 5 or 6 championships in an 8 year period. But he fired the one good football decision he's ever made because of his narcissism.

Not a chance. The NFL got Free Agency (1993) in Jimmy Johnson's last year and a Salary Cap (1994) the year after that.

It took a year or two for contracts to expire and salary caps to tighten down a bit, but there's a reason the Cowboys and the 49ers both haven't won a SB since 1995 despite winning 6 of the 8 prior to then, and it's not because of Jimmy Johnson.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 12:15 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-jerry-jones-takes-jab-at-bengals-during-testimony-in-court-at-nfls-sunday-ticket-trial/

"I am convinced I would make a lot more money than the Bengals," Jones said, via AP. "I'm completely against each team doing TV deals. It is flawed."

Jones could have compared his money-making machine to any NFL team in a smaller market -- really any NFL team at all. Instead, he chose the Bengals. Why? Pro Football Talk mentions that Jones and Bengals owner Mike Brown have a "longstanding feud" when it comes to revenue sharing

[Image: OIP.qn49ZLl-XR8j9K4gVU6uFgHaEK?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain]

It does seem odd that he called out the Bengals specifically, as according to statista.com, the Bengals pulled in more television viewership than all the following teams in 2023:
- Ravens
- Patriots
- Steelers
- Broncos
- Browns
- Bucs
- Jags
- Colts
- Rams
- Saints
- Panthers
- Titans (only 7.7 million viewers)

Bengals had 16.34 million viewers.

Cowboys were top at 25.18 million followed by Commanders, Eagles, 49ers, Chiefs, and Lions all above 20 mill.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/749140/nfl-viewership-figures-ratings/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It does seem odd that he called out the Bengals specifically, as according to statista.com, the Bengals pulled in more television viewership than all the following teams in 2023:
- Ravens
- Patriots
- Steelers
- Broncos
- Browns
- Bucs
- Jags
- Colts
- Rams
- Saints
- Panthers
- Titans (only 7.7 million viewers)

Bengals had 16.34 million viewers.

Cowboys were top at 25.18 million followed by Commanders, Eagles, 49ers, Chiefs, and Lions all above 20 mill.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/749140/nfl-viewership-figures-ratings/

Yep, odd alright.

The Bengals are a fun team to watch even with Jake Browning they were fun to watch. Burrow is prime time TV though, arguably the best QB in 
the NFL besides Mahomes. Burrow should just get better too with a better OL and some more explosive weapons added in Gesicki and Burton.

Cannot stand watching the Cowboys. I don't understand how anyone could be a fan of that team unless they lived in Dallas...

Even then, I couldn't do it lol
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 05:28 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Not 1 billionaire is self made. Once you hire employees you are no longer self made. Once you invest you are not self made. So tired of this narrative. His wealth was from investments right? A farmer that's off the grid that gets nothing from town is self made.

Bad take my guy. Who took the risk? Who leveraged his and his families future? The Billionaire. Not the employee. Did he have HELP? Absolutely and I'm sure he's compensated those who did help him VERY well. And making money of investments IS risky. Very risky but it's also smart. 

The farmer off the grid is also self made, in his own way. But not trying to become a billionaire. 

I have employees, who I pay very well for the work they provide. My company couldn't operate without them. But they aren't the ones signing the paychecks and taking the risk managing the cash flows and deciding what levers to pull and when. That's me. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:50 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Bad take my guy. Who took the risk? Who leveraged his and his families future? The Billionaire. Not the employee. Did he have HELP? Absolutely and I'm sure he's compensated those who did help him VERY well. And making money of investments IS risky. Very risky but it's also smart. 

The farmer off the grid is also self made, in his own way. But not trying to become a billionaire. 

I have employees, who I pay very well for the work they provide. My company couldn't operate without them. But they aren't the ones signing the paychecks and taking the risk managing the cash flows and deciding what levers to pull and when. That's me. 

Took the risk? That's self made? That's insane. That's like saying that Elon is self made or Jeff Bozos is self made. The vast majority of wealth is generational wealth, get outta here with that sh!t. Risk is not self made. Maybe a guy starting his own plumbing business or a carpenter, but once you hire employees you are no longer self made. You have money? You sound like all the other rich people & their propaganda. Carnegie was self made? Rockefeller? Vanderbilt? None of them did the work, they were just the money. Without workers & the people buying the goods they are nothing. Who's more important to the economy, rich people or the workers & consumers?
Reply/Quote