Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys Just hired Alexabder as their line coach
(01-15-2018, 07:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nate Livings and Stacy Andrews sighted in dallas airport

Dennis Roland is en route via Greyhound.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
On a posi note.

Perhaps they'll cut Fredrick to make way for Russell Bodine.

They don't witch hunt in 'ol Texas. Only tar and feather.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
To Cowboys fans, my sincerest apologies.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 08:44 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yep. To go even further heres a comment from Bloggingtheboys that had a ton of people agreeing with it :

HE SHOULD BE TALKED ABOUT IN THE SAME BREATH AS LEGENDARY LINE COACHES!!!!!

Hilarious

LMAO LMAO LMAO

I didn't know Hobspin moonlighted for the Cowboys!

What a joke.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What Paul Alexander is going to do to that Dallas offensive line will be criminal....good thing they have capital punishment in Texas.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 08:44 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: HE SHOULD BE TALKED ABOUT IN THE SAME BREATH AS LEGENDARY LINE COACHES!!!!!

Hilarious

He's always been held in high regard within The Mushroom Society, so that's already happened.
Reply/Quote
I think many are mad because their "PA will never get another job" assertion got shot down. Congrats to PA and his family; I wish him well.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Prescott and Elliott stock in fantasy leagues just plummeted.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ok, let me get this straight.

Paul Alexander has been O Line Coach since 1994 where coaches have job security like no other team and hasn't moved up on that team or asked to be interviewed by another team for a better job.

I get that he's "Well Respected" around the league but that's only because he has been in the same job for over 20 years on a team that promotes from within and gives jobs to guys who don't deserve it, like Zampeze.

Maybe the "Well Respected" part comes from...
From...
From...
I DON'T KNOW!

All I can say is Alexander has never moved up on this team. He's been the O Line coach for over 20 years and never went anywhere.

I don't get it.

Oh well, their loss and our gain. The Cowboys will fire him after two years, maybe three and he will be just a bad memory.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 06:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Dallas Cowboys’ message boards are blowing up.  This is the worst thing to happen in Dallas since J.R. got shot.  The best comment I saw from an irate Cowboys fan was a posting of Paul Alexander’s picture which was captioned, “He has a very punchable face.”

Well...he kinda does. In fact, I'm pretty sure a few of us have mentioned this before. LOL

(01-15-2018, 08:19 PM)McC Wrote: It's not like Garrett has been bringing home the bacon year after year either.

What did they say to Pollack when they fired him?  Sorry, we have to let you go so we can bring a worse guy in?

They got rid of Pollack and numerous other coaches to save Garrett's skin. The Bengals got rid of Alexander and numerous other coaches to save Marv's skin. Both teams have meddling owners and no GM. Go figure.

(01-15-2018, 08:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Will be interesting to see the lines 3-5 years from. Now

If he makes it that far. The Cowboys actually move coaches more frequently than every few decades.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:06 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Ok, let me get this straight.

Paul Alexander has been O Line Coach since 1994 where coaches have job security like no other team and hasn't moved up on that team or asked to be interviewed by another team for a better job.

I get that he's "Well Respected" around the league but that's only because he has been in the same job for over 20 years on a team that promotes from within and gives jobs to guys who don't deserve it, like Zampeze.

Maybe the "Well Respected" part comes from...
From...
From...
I DON'T KNOW!

All I can say is Alexander has never moved up on this team. He's been the O Line coach for over 20 years and never went anywhere.

I don't get it.

Oh well, their loss and our gain. The Cowboys will fire him after two years, maybe three and he will be just a bad memory.
I'm glad PA is gone and the Bengals are trying someone new at the position, but I don't think it is that hard to see how all this has happened.

1.  He's respected/legendary because he had a fairly revolutionary insight into blocking schemes early in his career.  I've seen it referenced in stories explaining why he's asked to speak at so many coaching clinics, but I don't know anything about technical line play, so I can't tell you what it was.  I think it had to do with zone blocking schemes, but I'm not certain.  Combine this with the extraordinary talent of Corey Dillon and you have a lot of success in his area on some historically bad teams.

2.  In the Lost Decade, IIRC the Bengals had 3 competent assistant coaches (RB-Anderson, QB-Anderson and OL-Alexander) and one good/great one (DC-LeBeau).  In that mix, it is easy to see why Mike Brown wanted to keep Paul Alexander around.  To do that he named him Associate Head Coach at some point.  That was done to severely limit his mobility.  By league rules, he could only interview for jobs at a higher rank--Head Coach--unless the Bengals gave permission or his contract was up.  Mike B always extended PA, so he was always under contract and couldn't just go to a team willing to pay him more to coach OL.  The Bengals don't give permission often (see Vance Joseph recently).  So, PA never moved up, but couldn't leave until this year.

Combine 1 and 2 and you get 'respected' but never leaves.  All that said, PA was apparently a one-trick pony.  The game had caught up/passed him by.  His big ideas are something like 20 years old.  Worse, he's also very stubborn and a poor judge of talent.  Relative to the rest of the coaching staff, he'd gone from one of the bright spots to one of the problems.  Bill Lazor seems to have been in quite the hurry to move on from him.  It's been widely noted he overruled PA on blocking schemes late in the year with obvious improvement in performance.  Good for Lazor.  The Cowboys think they are getting an innovative 'legend'.  He'll probably do OK with all the talent they have, but I think the Bengals won this 'trade' pretty easily.  It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. 
Reply/Quote
http://m.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Draft-News-Conference-Round-1-Alexander/c5d9e6fa-629f-48ea-b70f-15f397de87c5

Paul after drafting Ogbeuhi...

Somehow, he's even more of an arrogant d**k to the media than Marvin.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see what Jerry does when PA stands on the war room table for an OL. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 08:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Alexander has had success as a assistant coachand is well respected in the coaching field.. that said it was time for a change for the Bengals and I think for PA to make a change also.

we see it with players also.. they tailspin with a team, then move to another team and have success, im sure we will be watching the Cowboys a bit more on what they do

Yeah, I mean looking at PA from the outside, he coached up an arguably HoF worthy RT, two franchise type LT's, and had 2 G's sign record breaking deals a decade apart.  From our end, the commitment to Bodine and huge recent busts in Og and Fisher is more than justification for his firing, but it's not like the guy hasn't coached up dominant lines in the past.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 01:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd like to see what Jerry does when PA stands on the war room table for an OL. 

Tells him I hired you to play piano not picks. Not play me a song while I submit this pick.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
My condolences to Cowboys fans everywhere.

Reply/Quote
Almost like we traded the Cowboys Alexander for Pollack.

Except it's not because we would have had to have added a player or pick to even it out if it were a trade.

Like the way it played out for Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think if he has the talent he can coach pass blocking; i'm just not sure his o line produces enough open lanes for the RBs.

PA isn't as bad as everyone is making him out to be but we clearly won this trade.
Reply/Quote
good luck with that CB fans
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 12:50 AM)BRM13 Wrote: I'm glad PA is gone and the Bengals are trying someone new at the position, but I don't think it is that hard to see how all this has happened.

1.  He's respected/legendary because he had a fairly revolutionary insight into blocking schemes early in his career.  I've seen it referenced in stories explaining why he's asked to speak at so many coaching clinics, but I don't know anything about technical line play, so I can't tell you what it was.  I think it had to do with zone blocking schemes, but I'm not certain.  Combine this with the extraordinary talent of Corey Dillon and you have a lot of success in his area on some historically bad teams.

2.  In the Lost Decade, IIRC the Bengals had 3 competent assistant coaches (RB-Anderson, QB-Anderson and OL-Alexander) and one good/great one (DC-LeBeau).  In that mix, it is easy to see why Mike Brown wanted to keep Paul Alexander around.  To do that he named him Associate Head Coach at some point.  That was done to severely limit his mobility.  By league rules, he could only interview for jobs at a higher rank--Head Coach--unless the Bengals gave permission or his contract was up.  Mike B always extended PA, so he was always under contract and couldn't just go to a team willing to pay him more to coach OL.  The Bengals don't give permission often (see Vance Joseph recently).  So, PA never moved up, but couldn't leave until this year.

Combine 1 and 2 and you get 'respected' but never leaves.  All that said, PA was apparently a one-trick pony.  The game had caught up/passed him by.  His big ideas are something like 20 years old.  Worse, he's also very stubborn and a poor judge of talent.  Relative to the rest of the coaching staff, he'd gone from one of the bright spots to one of the problems.  Bill Lazor seems to have been in quite the hurry to move on from him.  It's been widely noted he overruled PA on blocking schemes late in the year with obvious improvement in performance.  Good for Lazor.  The Cowboys think they are getting an innovative 'legend'.  He'll probably do OK with all the talent they have, but I think the Bengals won this 'trade' pretty easily.  It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. 

He spoke at one clinic....the COOL clinic in Cincy. I agree with the rest though.

Folks aren't mad....we're just laughing at Dallas, apparently they didn't learn their lesson after inking Nasty Nate Livings. Mad....pppfftttt what a joke. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote