Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Crazy Stats and Quotes Thread
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 06:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I won’t say that Mixon needs to be replaced long term, but when he’s clearly not seeing much success, why not try to change it up and give Perine or Evans more? Has Evans even seen an offensive snap yet?

Mixon is the best of the 3, but he’s not good enough to do it every down. Make the defense plan for another playmaker sometimes.

Im jealous of Seahalks RBs right now
Walker and Charbonet is a lethal one two punch
Pete Carrol has rebuilt that team well....
the dbs Witherspoon and Wooten, are insane and the dline is getting after it
Certain coaches in the league seem to have the gift of knowing what to do and who to draft
I dont put ZT in this category especially seeing how he has handled the Burrow issue among others  

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 10:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

So.... lets start him again this week Shocked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So.... lets start him again this week Shocked

Yep, perhaps he'll lead us on an electrifying 16 play, 54 yard drive, highlighted by an 8 yard bomb to blocking phenom and occasional outlet receiver, TE Drew Sample.  Ninja  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There is about a 12% chance that a 1-3 team makes the playoffs. It goes up to 22% if you win game 5 and 50% if you win 5 and 6.

There are currently 8 teams that are 1-3 so odds are, one of those teams will make it. Honestly, bengals have by the far the best roster.

Week 5-6 is our mid-season playoffs, and we need to take this one game at a time. Hopefully Zac has the team prepared, because if we don’t win these two.. it’s over. Even if we win these two, I might be over.. but at least it would give this team a punchers chance.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, perhaps he'll lead us on an electrifying 16 play, 54 yard drive, highlighted by an 8 yard bomb to blocking phenom and occasional outlet receiver, TE Drew Sample.  Ninja  

On 4th and 20.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 10:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Those are pretty pitiful numbers. A rush defense and rush offense next to last in league? A total offense rating of last in the league?

On defense, the Bengals are allowing 5.1 yards per carry!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:20 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: There is about a 12% chance that a 1-3 team makes the playoffs.  It goes up to 22% if you win game 5 and 50% if you win 5 and 6.

There are currently 8 teams that are 1-3 so odds are, one of those teams will make it.  Honestly, bengals have by the far the best roster.

Week 5-6 is our mid-season playoffs, and we need to take this one game at a time.  Hopefully Zac has the team prepared, because if we don’t win these two.. it’s over.  Even if we win these two, I might be over.. but at least it would give this team a punchers chance.

Maybe this is the Palmer era part 2. Us fans think we're going to go on a long run of success...

And it's more just occasional successful years? Followed by bad to average ones.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, perhaps he'll lead us on an electrifying 16 play, 54 yard drive, highlighted by an 8 yard bomb to blocking phenom and occasional outlet receiver, TE Drew Sample.  Ninja  

Or a 22 play 67 yard drive ending in a FG getting us to 6 yes (SIX) first half points.

I don't make any claim to any knowledge of a calf strain or how to heal it. I don't have any insider info. I'm not a doctor or a sports trainer. 

What I do know is this version of Joe Burrow (a shell of himself) isn't going to win many games. And moreover, I strongly feel it's a catastrophe waiting to happen in becoming an even bigger, worse injury.

His next game needs to be 10/29 vs. the 49ers

People claim the season is over if he's out. I don't like it at all but I much prefer that to his career being over. And why can't this staff scheme up a win or two with our backup. Is it really so bad we have zero chance with a backup in two games?

If that's the case perhaps we have the wrong backups and coaches?
Reply/Quote
Vikings, bengals, jets, broncos and raiders are the five lowest rushing teams (in order) in 2023.

Each team is 1-3
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Vikings, bengals, jets, broncos and raiders are the five lowest rushing teams (in order) in 2023.  

Each team is 1-3

The problem is that our passing offense is worse than our rush offense.
Reply/Quote
Various stats I have aggregated through the first four weeks.

Passing
  • 69.4 (34/34)
  • 4.8 yards per attempt (34/34)
  • 1.3% touchdown percentage (34/34)
  • 57.6% completion percentage (32/34)
  • 71.6% adjusted completion percentage (26/36)
  • 2.29 seconds to throw (1/36)
  • 17% pressure to sack ratio (17/36)
  • 1.2% Turnover Worthy Play Percentage (1/36, read as lowest or best)
  • 6.8 average depth of target (32/36)

I haven't paid much attention to rushing, but Mixon has a 42.8 elusiveness rating (not grade), which is 33/57. He failed to break any tackles against Tennessee, and his score has been dropping quickly since a strong opener.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Various stats I have aggregated through the first four weeks.

Passing

• 69.4 (34/34)
  • 4.8 yards per attempt (34/34)
  • 1.3% touchdown percentage (34/34)
  • 57.6% completion percentage (32/34)
  • 71.6% adjusted completion percentage (26/36)
  • 2.29 seconds to throw (1/36)
  • 17% pressure to sack ratio (17/36)
  • 1.2% Turnover Worthy Play Percentage (1/36, read as lowest or best)
  • 6.8 average depth of target (32/36)

I haven't paid much attention to rushing, but Mixon has a 42.8 elusiveness rating (not grade), which is 33/57. He failed to break any tackles against Tennessee, and his score has been dropping quickly since a strong opener.

Is it just me? Or do we average like 6 rushes in 1st qtr. 3 rushes in 2nd qtr. 2 rushes in 3rd qtr. and 0 rushes in 4th qtr. every game? And I'm talking just designed RB plays. And yes I know it's hard to run late in the game when you're down 3 scores.

Point being it seems every game ZT and co. abandon the run very early in games.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is it just me? Or do we average like 6 rushes in 1st qtr. 3 rushes in 2nd qtr. 2 rushes in 3rd qtr. and 0 rushes in 4th qtr. every game? And I'm talking just designed RB plays. And yes I know it's hard to run late in the game when you're down 3 scores.

Point being it seems every game ZT and co. abandon the run very early in games.

It definitely seems that way. Our run game was working pretty well at the beginning of the Titans game, IIRC. But for some reason we stopped running the ball WAY before the Titans built their "insurmountable" lead.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:33 AM)Nepa Wrote: Those are pretty pitiful numbers. A rush defense and rush offense next to last in league? A total offense rating of last in the league?

On defense, the Bengals are allowing 5.1 yards per carry!

I gotta say, the run defense really does surprise given the starters are all healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote