Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Creed Humphrey is PFF's highest graded rookie with 91.2 grade. This one stings.
Center Creed Humphrey was drafted by KC with pick 61.  This one personally stings because I was pounding the table for him pre-draft.  Not a knock on Carman but sucks to know we could have filled an interior OL spot with a ready to go elite player instead of what we currently have which is looking like a project with the jury still out.  91.2 is no joke that's about as high as you will see an OL grade out.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1476213939809701891?s=20

Cigar
Reply/Quote
This was a really, really good year for rookie offensive linemen. Creed, Slater, Sewell, Smith, AVT, Sam Cosmi (limited snaps) and several other guys have had great showings. I like what Carman has been able to do, but he needs more consistency. I think he is going to be fine, but yes, Creed is a stud. If Carman comes along, having an elite WR and starting quality IOL will be a great haul from this draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 04:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This was a really, really good year for rookie offensive linemen. Creed, Slater, Sewell, Smith, AVT, Sam Cosmi (limited snaps) and several other guys have had great showings. I like what Carman has been able to do, but he needs more consistency. I think he is going to be fine, but yes, Creed is a stud. If Carman comes along, having an elite WR and starting quality IOL will be a great haul from this draft.

Agree.  Sucks to know we could have had them both most likely even with our trade back.  Creed at 48 or wherever we picked and Carman possibly at 65.  If that was the case we wouldn't have Ossai so maybe it will work out for the best.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
As you probably know I wanted Creed myself, was happy with the Carman pick though. But looking back it does sting a bit.

Carman will clean up his inconsistencies and become a really good Guard, Creed I wanted more but hey, I like our Draft.

Hope we make Creed's rating go down big time come Sunday with Ogunjobi and BJ Hill and hope Reader can go.

This will be the toughest DT room he has had to deal with pretty damn sure in his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
KC has not faced the best DLs as a rule this year. One thing people forget is we've faced a Who's Who of the leagues top defensive lines this season. This in fact is a reason for hope for us - we are far and away the best DL KC has faced since the Super Bowl - we bring the heat without blitzing and do it both from both edges and on the inside.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 04:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This was a really, really good year for rookie offensive linemen. Creed, Slater, Sewell, Smith, AVT, Sam Cosmi (limited snaps) and several other guys have had great showings. I like what Carman has been able to do, but he needs more consistency. I think he is going to be fine, but yes, Creed is a stud. If Carman comes along, having an elite WR and starting quality IOL will be a great haul from this draft.

One big thing that has helped Humphrey, Slater, Sewell, and Cosmi is they really didn't have to do much of a position change.
Carman was not only going from left side to right side but OT to OG.
Not surprised it's been a long adjustment.

What kind of frustrates me is that with such a good OL class last year, the Bengals didn't get anyone who was able to come in immediately and solidify a position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 05:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One big thing that has helped Humphrey, Slater, Sewell, and Cosmi is they really didn't have to do much of a position change.
Carman was not only going from left side to right side but OT to OG.
Not surprised it's been a long adjustment.

What kind of frustrates me is that with such a good OL class last year, the Bengals didn't get anyone who was able to come in immediately and solidify a position.

Yeah, I think the only one that experienced any kind of switches was Sewell. He started at LT and then moved to RT. Carman has a complete position change and a side change, so I am not too upset it is taking him some time for him to settle in. I am fairly high on Carman. There is enough there to be excited, he just needs time. 
Reply/Quote
We took John Ross before Mahomes. And Billy Price before Lamar Jackson.

It hurts, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

It's OK though. We have a good thing going.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 04:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: KC has not faced the best DLs as a rule this year. One thing people forget is we've faced a Who's Who of the leagues top defensive lines this season. This in fact is a reason for hope for us - we are far and away the best DL KC has faced since the Super Bowl - we bring the heat without blitzing and do it both from both edges and on the inside.

Yep.... And it's kinda like the narrative that we're just garbage against TEs this year. We've gone against the best the league has to offer (counting Kelce) minus like Gronk and Knox... I get it; it's been a thing for awhile, but this year we've seen many of the best.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Packers took Josh Myers Center from Ohio State one pick before the Chiefs took Creed Humphrey... They are the ones that should be kicking themselves.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Yep. Humphrey is the exact type of player some of us were talking about when we said there was going to be some absolute studs available in the 2nd. And we could have had him even after trading back. Oh well. It is what it is.

Hopefully Carman pans out.

Reply/Quote
It was well documented that this was a great OL class and believe Bengals should have went after more.

Yet agree with NATI Bengals that the Bengals have a great thing going on here presently and not sweating it.

Plus as he noted we can find players in every single draft that would fit this same argument.

But yes Humphrey would have been sweet to have in Stripes.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
With Humphrey and Smith both doing so well one has to wonder if scheme and surrounding players have as much to do with it as individual talent. WOuld Humphrey and Smith be getting the same grades if the were taken by Jacksonville?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With Humphrey and Smith both doing so well one has to wonder if scheme and surrounding players have as much to do with it as individual talent. WOuld Humphrey and Smith be getting the same grades if the were taken by Jacksonville?

Nope.
Reply/Quote
Humphrey was in every one of my mocks. I just knew he was a special talent. I’m glad that I was right.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:25 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Humphrey was in every one of my mocks. I just knew he was a special talent. I’m glad that I was right.

I wish you were in our front office.  Him at pick 61 looks like an insane steal.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 04:02 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Center Creed Humphrey was drafted by KC with pick 61.  This one personally stings because I was pounding the table for him pre-draft.  Not a knock on Carman but sucks to know we could have filled an interior OL spot with a ready to go elite player instead of what we currently have which is looking like a project with the jury still out.  91.2 is no joke that's about as high as you will see an OL grade out.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1476213939809701891?s=20

Creed was missed by a whole lot of teams. He played center don’t know our need was center as much as guard. But there’s a whole crap load of buyers remorse on not picking Creed with his year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 12:12 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Creed was missed by a whole lot of teams. He played center don’t know our need was center as much as guard. But there’s a whole crap load of buyers remorse on not picking Creed with his year.

I gotta imagine C and G is a very easy transition.  Much easier than T to G which is what we did.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 12:12 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Creed was missed by a whole lot of teams. He played center don’t know our need was center as much as guard. But there’s a whole crap load of buyers remorse on not picking Creed with his year.

There was definitely a huge need at Center for us. We gambled on Hopkins being ready by the start of the season, and he clearly wasn’t. He was awful for about the first month or so. And if we had Humphrey holding it down at C, Hopkins could have been good depth at RG.

Reply/Quote
Creed Humphrey got lucky that he left one program into another that runs a very similar scheme with alot of the same techniques.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote