Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Criminal Sentencing Question
(08-04-2016, 06:54 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Even when the stereotype is of something that is generally considered positive by most people, it can negatively impact people. For example, what if you are an Asian person who is bad at math. Wouldn't you have additional pressure put on you by teachers and others?

I'll give an example that happened to a good friend of mine. My college friend Matt was very tall (7' 2"). Everywhere he went, it was assumed that he was good at basketball. In fact, he was not. He was pretty freaking lousy. But, that didn't stop people from believing that "with just a little bit of hard work, he could be great!!!" And throughout school, he was repeatedly coerced to join the basketball team and he was repeatedly laughed at and ridiculed by fans. Thus, he hated basketball (violently) and was very self-conscious about his height.  

We all stereotype. But not all of us are open-minded enough to get past the stereotypes and consider the individual. 

But does that make it racist?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 07:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: But does that make it racist?

Not necessarily. Not in every case, anyway. But if the stereotype involves saying "people of this race are (fill in the blank)", then I would say that it is.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 11:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you did your research instead of playing your Democratic victim card like you always do, you'd realize that there's scientific research to backup the fact that African-Americans have larger penises than whites.

You are missing the point.

I admitted that stereotypes are usually based on some fact.  Stereotypes are not a problem until you start using them to judge individuals.

On average black guys may have bigger dicks, but you can't say EVERY black guy has a big dick.  That just is not true.

If you look at the numbers students from Kentucky score below average on ACT scores, but that does not mean I can call you stupid just because you come from Kentucky.  The stereotype about students from Kentucky being below average is based on fact, but you can not use that stereotype to judge an individual.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 07:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: But does that make it racist?

Yes.  If the stereotype is based on race then judging an individual based on that stereotype is the very definition of racism.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  If the stereotype is based on race then judging an individual based on that stereotype is the very definition of racism.

I don't think black males are too upset about the stereotype of larger penis size, nor are asians upset about the stereotype of higher academic achievement. So are "positive" stereotypes simply considered generalizations? Or are they still racist? Does the stereotype have to have a negative or derogatory connotation to be considered racist? If you judge someone on a positive generalization you are simply wrong if they don't fall into that category. But if you judge someone on a negative generalization you are a racist because you're perpetuating negative stereotypes.
Reply/Quote
Well, that escalated quickly.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 12:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: I don't think black males are too upset about the stereotype of larger penis size, nor are asians upset about the stereotype of higher academic achievement. So are "positive" stereotypes simply considered generalizations? Or are they still racist? Does the stereotype have to have a negative or derogatory connotation to be considered racist? If you judge someone on a positive generalization you are simply wrong if they don't fall into that category. But if you judge someone on a negative generalization you are a racist because you're perpetuating negative stereotypes.

Every positive has a negative on the other side.

Saying that a person is superior to another person based on race is good for one person but bad for the other.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are missing the point.

I admitted that stereotypes are usually based on some fact.  Stereotypes are not a problem until you start using them to judge individuals.

On average black guys may have bigger dicks, but you can't say EVERY black guy has a big dick.  That just is not true.

If you look at the numbers students from Kentucky score below average on ACT scores, but that does not mean I can call you stupid just because you come from Kentucky.  The stereotype about students from Kentucky being below average is based on fact, but you can not use that stereotype to judge an individual.

Ok, so most likely the guy that raped him has a bigger dick, based on the averages, so what's your point besides playing the Democratic victim card, like I pointed out?

You're countering your own argument because, in most circumstances, the world goes off probabilities and norms, so, if it most black guys have bigger dicks, it's safe to assume that this guy had a bigger dick, and therefore it's not racist to say so.  
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: On average black guys may have bigger dicks, but you can't say EVERY black guy has a big dick.  That just is not true.

If you say every black guy has a bigger dick than fred then it is true.
Reply/Quote
Why do i always gotta be the one...   Shocked

http://www.penissizes.org/average-penis-size-ethnicity-race-and-country

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 03:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hypothetically, how long would someone be sentenced to in prison if they attacked a prison guard while in prison awaiting trial for another crime?

I understand that they'd be together, but I'm just talking about the attack on a guard.

Is there a minimal sentence?

I kind of asked about this in another thread a while back, but now I'm just wondering about sentencing.

(07-22-2016, 08:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Seven-hundred forty-two years and 3 hours.

(07-24-2016, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh no.  A BLACK guy?

(07-24-2016, 11:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rolleyes

I imagine you're trying to say that I'm being racist about black guys in jail, when, in reality, I'm pointing out how much worse it would be to be raped by a black man than a white man because black men are better "equipped."

(07-24-2016, 12:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Says who?

Besides, I don't think there is a varying degree of anal rape.  There are only two levels,  "the doctor did stuff to me with his finger for a medical examination", and "everything else".

(07-24-2016, 09:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is the best post you have ever made, no debate is possible.   ThumbsUp Mellow

(07-25-2016, 01:53 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Pfffft! 

Tell that to this guy..... 

Literally in tears.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
I think we've all been mind ****** by brad's big black **** after reading another of his dick threads.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 12:02 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why do i always gotta be the one...   Shocked

http://www.penissizes.org/average-penis-size-ethnicity-race-and-country
I was going to post that, but then I thought "let's just see how long (pun intended) the meat-gazing and comparison stories go on".

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 10:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're countering your own argument because, in most circumstances, the world goes off probabilities and norms, so, if it most black guys have bigger dicks, it's safe to assume that this guy had a bigger dick, and therefore it's not racist to say so.  

Okay then.  Since you went to high school in Kentucky the average ACT scores "prove" that you were a below average student.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.  Since you went to high school in Kentucky the average ACT scores "prove" that you were a below average student.

ACT scores have nothing to do with a person's performance as a student.

Honestly, Fred, you make this way too easy on me  ThumbsUp

Also, I a "norm" doesn't "prove" anything, but makes it more probable that it is right.

You throw out so much rhetoric, but the problem is that you're just not very good at it.

(I did score a 22, though, on my ACT, which puts me above average, but not that it matters because, like I said, it means nothing about a person's performance as a student  ThumbsUp)
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 02:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ACT scores have nothing to do with a person's performance as a student.

Also, I a "norm" doesn't "prove" anything, but makes it more probable that it is right.

You throw out so much rhetoric, but the problem is that you're just not very good at it.

(I did score a 22, though, on my ACT, which puts me above average, but not that it matters because, like I said, it means nothing about a person's performance as a student  ThumbsUp)

You just agreed with Fred.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 02:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You just agreed with Fred.

Nope.

ACT scores don't show a person's performance as a student.  Fred's first wrong statement that I disagred with.

And it would be agreeing with him if it were an assumption or something based on opinion, but it is based on research and facts, as well as personal observation.  Not all black men have bigger penises, but the average black man has a bigger penis than the average white man.  Fred's second wrong statement that I disagreed with.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 02:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ACT scores have nothing to do with a person's performance as a student.

So you agree that you can not judge an individual based on a stereotype, right?

That's all I was saying.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you agree that you can not judge an individual based on a stereotype, right?

That's all I was saying.

I never disagreed with that, but this is not a stereotype and is based off of facts.

It may not be true in all cases, but it is true in most cases, therefore it is more of a norm.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I never disagreed with that, but this is not a stereotype and is based off of facts.

It may not be true in all cases, but it is true in most cases, therefore it is more of a norm.

Stereotypes are based on facts.

Black men having big dicks is definitely a stereotype.

And you don't know if the rapist had a big dick or not.  That is my point.
Reply/Quote