Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crosby and Ngakoue context
(01-13-2022, 12:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: he dominated the line of scrimmage when the bengals played them in week 11

He had zero sacks, zero hurries, zero tipped passes, and only one pressure.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He had zero sacks, zero hurries, zero tipped passes, and only one pressure.

yes, we know, you're doing your lawyer schtick
Reply/Quote
I don't get all the talk about this either....Their oline is quite possibly just as bad as ours. Bengals have given up something like 110 pressures where the raiders have given up 95...amounting to 1 more a game? If i were the raiders trying to find a statistical edge I wouldn't be looking here.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yes, we know, you're doing your lawyer schtick

Fred didn't watch the game, apparently. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If we can just get Mixon going, Crosby won't be a factor.  I'm hoping for a balanced attack because I think the Raiders defensive gameplan will be to put as many hits as possible on Burrow to force him into mistakes, particularly fumbles.

I think Mixon will be pretty pumped up and have a great game if they put it on his shoulders.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's been good all season and had an impact on the game the first time we played the Raiders. He's an all pro caliber edge rusher. He would be a gigantic matchup concern with or without that performance against the Chargers. 

Has he though? Obviously sacks are not the only measuring stick for a DE, but the dude had 4 games in which he had a sack, and 30 solo tackles for the entire season. 

Sam Hubbard put up almost identical numbers to Crosby this season and no one in the media is asking how they're going to slow Hubbard down. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:30 PM)wcu Wrote: Has he though? Obviously sacks are not the only measuring stick for a DE, but the dude had 4 games in which he had a sack, and 30 solo tackles for the entire season. 

Sam Hubbard put up almost identical numbers to Crosby this season
and no one in the media is asking how they're going to slow Hubbard down. 

you're looking at the surface level stats

not really much I can tell you
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're looking at the surface level stats

not really much I can tell you

Crosby had 42 pressures and Hubbard had 39 on the season. Again, almost identical. Try again. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:34 PM)wcu Wrote: Crosby had 42 pressures and Hubbard had 39 on the season. Again, almost identical. Try again. 

Lmao! Wow

alright, you know more than everyone else, I suppose
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Fred didn't watch the game, apparently. 

I watched it. Burrow dealt with pressure the whole game but Crosby did not dominate. Not even close. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: not really much I can tell you

Pretty typical for you.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He caused a fumble on the 20 yard line like the very first play of the game. Not sure if he got credited for a "sack" that play but it was 100% because of him.

I thought that was Ngaukwe?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He had zero sacks, zero hurries, zero tipped passes, and only one pressure.

If that’s not domination I don’t know what is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I thought that was Ngaukwe?

both guys are dangerous.

ngaukwe and crosby are prob the best pass rushing duo in the league in terms of pressures

and like we all know, the raiders do not blitz
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:31 AM)wcu Wrote: This year we have faced:

Danielle Hunter
Robert Quinn
Khalil Mack
Josh Allen
Preston Smith
Rashan Gary
Myles Garrett (ONCE)
Jadaveon Clowney (ONCE)
Maxx Crosby
Yanick Ngokoue
TJ Watt
Cam Heyward (twice)
Joey Bosa
Nick Bosa

Joey Bosa actually only played 12% of the defensive snaps against the Bengals. They still sacked Burrow 6 times and hit him 11 times. Loss.

Nick Bosa got 2 of the 5 sacks against Burrow and held the Bengals to 6 points in the first 3 quarters. Loss.

Burrow only played Garrett and Clowney once and he had an absolutely terrible game (0 TD/2 INT) and got sacked 5 times in a blowout. Loss.

Preston Smith and Rashan Gary I don't know if they're exactly top tier pass rushers, but Burrow did have a bad 2 INT game even if they didn't light up the stat sheet. Loss.

Robert Quinn and Khalil Mack had 3 sacks of the 5 total against Burrow in a 3 INT game. Loss.

- - - - - - -

I do find it interesting that you listed 14 guys and 8 of those 14 were on the 6 teams that beat the Burrow Bengals this year including all 4 of Burrow's multi-interception games this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:34 PM)wcu Wrote: Crosby had 42 pressures and Hubbard had 39 on the season. Again, almost identical. Try again. 

That is pro football references pressure count right? There are alot of differing numbers when it comes to pressures specifically PFF who says Maxx Crosby had 101 pressures 20 more than the 2nd place guy. I think that one is a little over the top..

The one source I trust the most is Next Gen Stats which measures pressures electronically. It says Maxx Crosby had 81 pressures just ahead of Trey Hendrickson at 79. The large difference between Maxx and Hendrickson is that Hendrickson actually created alot of negative plays where Crosby didnt.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: both guys are dangerous.

ngaukwe and crosby are prob the best pass rushing duo in the league in terms of pressures

and like we all know, the raiders do not blitz

100% agree. They are definitely going to have to give Prince some sort of help.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: played that cat twice as well

He didn't play Week 3.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:02 PM)attyla Wrote: I like our chances vs your line.

Thats a fair take, but KC has a pretty solid D-line and still go carved up. I think the bigger concern for the Raiders should be Joe Mixon. He's already shown he can run against you guys. If you guys stacked the line to prevent the run, then even a dump pass from Burrow to Chase could be a dagger. Chase doesn't need the ball throwing 60 yards to go 60 yards, he can do so just as easily on a 5 yard dink and dunk pass.

I fully expect this to be a hard fought game for both teams. Hopefully we get an entertaining game!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:02 PM)attyla Wrote: I like our chances vs your line.

I like our chances against your line.    Henderickson/Hubbard>Crosby/Ngakoue plus the pass rush from our interior dl.  I think its going to be a long day for Carr.
Reply/Quote