Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruz and Christie trash Carter as the man fights cancer
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/christie-cruz-take-shots-at-jimmy-carter-121633.html?cmpid=sf#ixzz3jZbeD4CL

Nothing says "I'll be a strong President" like taking shots at a 90 year old former President who is fighting cancer that has spread to his brain.

Cruz at least wished him well on twitter before trashing his policies in an attack on Obama. Christie said that Obama, the "weakest" foreign policy President, makes Carter look strong.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Apparently there was a comment from a talking head on FNC to the tune of "oh look, a cancer has a cancer."

It's rather pathetic what has been going on.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-22-2015, 06:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Apparently there was a comment from a talking head on FNC to the tune of "oh look, a cancer has a cancer."

Now waiting for the "both sides do it" posts....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-22-2015, 08:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Now waiting for the "both sides do it" posts....

It's true though.

Just sayin'.

ThumbsUp
(08-22-2015, 04:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/christie-cruz-take-shots-at-jimmy-carter-121633.html?cmpid=sf#ixzz3jZbeD4CL

Nothing says "I'll be a strong President" like taking shots at a 90 year old former President who is fighting cancer that has spread to his brain.

Cruz at least wished him well on twitter before trashing his policies in an attack on Obama. Christie said that Obama, the "weakest" foreign policy President, makes Carter look strong.

Do they have to wait until he dies or beats cancer before they can state they they believe his policies, were similar to Obama's and viewed as a failure? It is biased and petty both by you and the good folk at Politico to try to spin this.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-22-2015, 08:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Now waiting for the "both sides do it" posts....

Both sides do both sides do it posts.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Let's see, George H.W. Bush had a stroke and was wheelchair bound during the 2012 campaign...maybe we can dig up some liberals taking the chance to say his onset of Parkinson's disease made his body as shaky as his one-term presidency or something clever like that.

Or they just could have been like "George H.W. Bush has Parkinson's disease? That's a shame. Did I mention he sucked?"
Best thing to happen to Carter was losing to Reagan and Barak Obama.   He now isn't the worst modern president
(08-23-2015, 01:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Best thing to happen to Carter was losing to Reagan and Barak Obama.   He now isn't the worst modern president

Funny how the president who lived his life in the highest accordance with the teachings of Jesus and the Bible is so ridiculed and gleefully celebrated as a gigantic failure.
(08-23-2015, 01:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Funny how the president who lived his life in the highest accordance with the teachings of Jesus and the Bible is so ridiculed and gleefully celebrated as a gigantic failure.

He can pray all he wants. And my discontent for his policies have nothing to do with the man's faith. Just as my views on obama's failires have nothing to do with him being an Athiest.
(08-23-2015, 02:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He can pray all he wants.   And my discontent for his policies have nothing to do with the man's faith.    Just as my views on obama's failires have nothing to do with him being an Athiest.

I think a compelling argument could be made that Jimmy Carter's predictions to weave his faith into his actions as president had a profound effect upon his effectivity.  That doesn't fit your schema and agenda so you can come up with deductive delusions as to why Carter being a legit Christian had nothing to do with the reasons you see him as a failure, so have at it.
(08-23-2015, 02:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think a compelling argument could be made that Jimmy Carter's predictions to weave his faith into his actions as president had a profound effect upon his effectivity.  That doesn't fit your schema and agenda so you can come up with deductive delusions as to why Carter being a legit Christian had nothing to do with the reasons you see him as a failure, so have at it.

Please continue. Explain how his faith led to his policy choices.
(08-23-2015, 02:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Please continue.   Explain how his faith led to his policy choices.

I know it's Wikipedia but it's interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter
(08-22-2015, 06:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Apparently there was a comment from a talking head on FNC to the tune of "oh look, a cancer has a cancer."

Fox News is no longer conservative, so it's not surprising, if that's true, that they are starting to talk like liberals.  
Is all they did were criticize his policies as president? Why are you actions as a politician off limits to mention or criticize unless they are in great health?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(08-23-2015, 09:18 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Is all they did were criticize his policies as president? Why are you actions as a politician off limits to mention or criticize unless they are in great health?

It's in poor taste to insult man, implying that he is weak, a day after he says he has cancer in his brain.

Maybe wait until he isn't in the news or just not bring up a politician who hasn't been in office for 35 years.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-23-2015, 08:57 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Fox News is no longer conservative, so it's not surprising, if that's true, that they are starting to talk like liberals.  

"Conservatives" in this country aren't conservative.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-23-2015, 09:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: "Conservatives" in this country aren't conservative.

This.  
(08-23-2015, 09:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's in poor taste to insult man, implying that he is weak, a day after he says he has cancer in his brain.

Maybe wait until he isn't in the news or just not bring up a politician who hasn't been in office for 35 years.

They insulted Obama's policies and compared them to a former President's that they assert history that shown to be a failure. But you and the fine folks at Politico think they should not be allowed to do this because that former 90 year old President announced he will be undergoing treatment.

Truth be told you are both probably more motivated to find something to bash the candidates about than you are offended.

I wonder if anyone can bring up the Regan administration when talking about economics in this election? After all he hasn't been President in quite some time and is in worse health than Carter.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-23-2015, 10:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They insulted Obama's policies and compared them to a former President's that they assert history that shown to be a failure. But you and the fine folks at Politico think they should not be allowed to do this because that former 90 year old President announced he will be undergoing treatment.

Truth be told you are both probably more motivated to find something to bash the candidates about than you are offended.

I wonder if anyone can bring up the Regan administration when talking about economics in this election? After all he hasn't been President in quite some time and is in worse health than Carter.

Actually you saying Reagan being dead is worse health than Carter helps explain your stance on when life begins.  Ninja
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.