Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruz camp told caucus goers that Carson dropped out; Trump calls for new vote
http://www.politico.com/blogs/iowa-caucus-2016-live-updates/2016/02/ben-carson-iowa-2016-caucus-accuses-opponents-dirty-tricks-218603?cmpid=sf#ixzz3yzRJVrAD

Carson called out the Cruz campaign's "dirty tricks and lies" and it has been suggested this may have helped him get that small lead over Trump.

Cruz's campaign ran with the news story of Carson not going to NH or SC after IA and told his supporters at various caucus sites that he dropped out. Because of how these caucuses work, that could have taken a lot of support from Carson. They later said that they assumed by the news that Carson was dropping out.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Typical politics. Everyone in bot parties does this type of stuff.

However since Carson had really pretty much given up on Iowa i don't know that he has a lot to complain about. There is no way Cruz got enough Carson supporters to make a difference in the race. He beat Trump by a greater margin than all of the votes Carson could have gotten.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/trump-cruz-stole-iowa-tweet-deleted-218674?cmpid=sf

Trump says that Cruz stole the election and calls for his results to be nullified or for there to be a new vote
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-03-2016, 11:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/trump-cruz-stole-iowa-tweet-deleted-218674?cmpid=sf

Trump says that Cruz stole the election and calls for his results to be nullified or for there to be a new vote
How the hell does Trump have anything to complain about.  Cruz did nothing aginst him at all.  Does Trump think he can force Carson to stay in the race and take votes away from Cruz?
(02-03-2016, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How the hell does Trump have anything to complain about.  Cruz did nothing aginst him at all.  Does Trump think he can force Carson to stay in the race and take votes away from Cruz?

Pretty shady what Cruz did in my opinion, but Trump is being typical Trump with the way hes going about handling the situation. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Didn't CNN report that Carson did the same thing? Then carson's excuse for not going to NH was he needed clothes.
(02-04-2016, 11:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Didn't CNN report that Carson did the same thing?   Then carson's excuse for not going to NH was he needed clothes.

CNN reported that he was going to take a break from campaigning for a couple of days and then resume his campaign. He never said he was going to drop out.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(02-04-2016, 11:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pretty shady what Cruz did in my opinion, but Trump is being typical Trump with the way hes going about handling the situation. 

I have nothing to add other than I can't stand Kenny Chesney!  

[Image: Kenny-Chesney-Pitsburgh-Steelers-Country...s.net_.jpg]
[Image: 7e762efb1bfe8b24ad0fdb0defbfe297.jpg]

Sorry!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-04-2016, 11:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pretty shady what Cruz did in my opinion, but Trump is being typical Trump with the way hes going about handling the situation. 

Cruz called it a "trumpertantrum"....it's almost like the guy TRIES to be unlikable.  You know he'd been saving that one for a while.
(02-04-2016, 12:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have nothing to add other than I can't stand Kenny Chesney!  

[Image: Kenny-Chesney-Pitsburgh-Steelers-Country...s.net_.jpg]
[Image: 7e762efb1bfe8b24ad0fdb0defbfe297.jpg]

Sorry!

Kenny's dad used to come to my parents church.  He was recently arrested for attacking a man with a golf club in some country club dispute.
(02-04-2016, 12:48 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Cruz called it a "trumpertantrum"....it's almost like the guy TRIES to be unlikable.  You know he'd been saving that one for a while.

Yeah I wouldn't mind watching him fall off of mountain bike.
(02-04-2016, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kenny's dad used to come to my parents church.  He was recently arrested for attacking a man with a golf club in some country club dispute.

Ha!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-04-2016, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kenny's dad used to come to my parents church.  He was recently arrested for attacking a man with a golf club in some country club dispute.

Yup. Must be a Steelers fan. Sidenote, looks like Kenny is sporting a nipple ring.

As far as the OP, good for Cruz. Sure, it was dirty. That's politics. If Carson's supporters are naive enough to think he dropped out without an official announcement, shame on them. They probably weren't smart enough to figure out the ballots anyway.
(02-04-2016, 01:43 PM)Benton Wrote:  If Carson's supporters are naive enough to think he dropped out without an official announcement, shame on them. They probably weren't smart enough to figure out the ballots anyway.

They could have just simply asked God.
(02-04-2016, 01:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Yup. Must be a Steelers fan. Sidenote, looks like Kenny is sporting a nipple ring.

As far as the OP, good for Cruz. Sure, it was dirty. That's politics. If Carson's supporters are naive enough to think he dropped out without an official announcement, shame on them. They probably weren't smart enough to figure out the ballots anyway.

Hey now, this is politics not brain surgery!
(02-04-2016, 12:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: CNN reported that he was going to take a break from campaigning for a couple of days and then resume his campaign. He never said he was going to drop out.

Well that sounds like he is planning to drop out. He gave the context of needing a change of clothes after the fact. I think it sucks for Carson and the Cruz campaign did run with it but it also sounded like a prelude to dropping out. A grey area for sure, one that the Cruz campaign aggressively jumped on prematurely. For that they were wrong.