Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruz cracks establishment wall of opposition
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/us/politics/ted-cruz-starts-to-crack-gop-establishments-wall-of-opposition.html?referer=http://drudgereport.com/

I hope he doesn't compromise his conservative values to pander to the progressives
Not really familiar with the exact details of which Republicans are "establishment" and which are not.

What specifically has Cruz supported that the establishment opposes. Most of his positions seem to me to be pretty much in line with other Republican policies.
(01-14-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really familiar with the exact details of which Republicans are "establishment" and which are not.

What specifically has Cruz supported that the establishment opposes.  Most of his positions seem to me to be pretty much in line with other Republican policies.

The establishment is basically the progressives.

He has opposed quite a few bills. It's basically why you probably don't like Cruz. Lol
(01-14-2016, 12:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The establishment is basically the progressives.  

He has opposed quite a few bills.  It's basically why you probably don't like Cruz.   Lol

Actually I was looking for some specific details so that we could have an intelligent discussion on the topic.  Since you hold yourself out as an expert I thought you might be able to help.
Way to announce your browser history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-14-2016, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I was looking for some specific details so that we could have an intelligent discussion on the topic.  Since you hold yourself out as an expert I thought you might be able to help.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/135705/ted-cruz#.VpfM9PkrKM8

Now those are actual votes. He may have opposed or supported a bill and then voted the opposite way later.

Like how he opposes Goldman/Sachs AFTER he got money from them and got elected.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-14-2016, 01:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/135705/ted-cruz#.VpfM9PkrKM8

Now those are actual votes.  He may have opposed or supported a bill and then voted the opposite way later.

Like how he opposes Goldman/Sachs AFTER he got money from them and got elected.

He was going to get money from them regardless. His wife worked there.
(01-14-2016, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I was looking for some specific details so that we could have an intelligent discussion on the topic.  Since you hold yourself out as an expert I thought you might be able to help.

He has voted pretty consistently classoc conservative. I have found there are 3 people we scan trust in the senate to vote correctly and consistently. Rand, Lee, and Cruz.

I do not like how he favors increased HB-1 visas. But admittedly I am for very restrictive immigration on all fronts. So I am probably not in the majority on that issue.

He was In favor of TPP initially but then backed off once he was able to examine the secret bill. This was a big one that the establishment favored.

He has been against NSA spying and that's been at odds with the establishment. He did end up voting for the current fix. I didn't think that went far enough.

Favors a flat tax. Establishment favors a progressive tax.
(01-14-2016, 07:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He was going to get money from them regardless.   His wife worked there.

Huh.  Then he should have reported it.
(01-14-2016, 07:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Huh.  Then he should have reported it.

Speaking of campaign finance. This is off topic for Cruz but did you see where the PAC's are having zero effect in the primary this go around?

This is a good sign. I don't like these PAC's at all.
(01-14-2016, 07:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I do not like how he favors increased HB-1 visas.   But admittedly I am for very restrictive immigration on all fronts.    So I am probably not in the majority on that issue.    

So he is with the establishment of this.

(01-14-2016, 07:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

He was In favor of TPP initially but then backed off once he was able to examine the secret bill.   This was a big one that the establishment favored.   

So was the establishment in favor of the TPP or just the secret bill?  and what was in the secret bill that changed his mind?

(01-14-2016, 07:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He has been against NSA spying and that's been at odds with the establishment.    He did end up voting for the current fix.    I didn't think that went far enough.   

I am pretty sure the establishment was against the NSA spying.  They all seemed to vote the same way as he did.

So it looks like he voted with the establishment on all three of these.  Or maybe just two,  I don't know the details of the secert TPP yet.
I hope we don't elect a Canadian who seems to really like the concept of abusing office. He's like a Molson drinking Bush.
(01-14-2016, 09:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So he is with the establishment of this.

So was the establishment in favor of the TPP or just the secret bill?  and what was in the secret bill that changed his mind?

I am pretty sure the establishment was against the NSA spying.  They all seemed to vote the same way as he did.

So it looks like he voted with the establishment on all three of these.  Or maybe just two,  I don't know the details of the secert TPP yet.

Haha you thjnk the establishment was against the NSA spying?

Look at McCain, Bush, Rubio, Christie, Graham, Kasich, .... All were in favor of NSA spying.
(01-14-2016, 09:52 PM)Benton Wrote: I hope we don't elect a Canadian who seems to really like the concept of abusing office. He's like a Molson drinking Bush.

Good post Mr Trump
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-14-2016, 11:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha you thjnk the establishment was against the NSA spying?  

Based on the fact that a majority voted against it, yes.
[Image: 11989_1223179347693041_91128047165932445...e=5705512C]
(01-14-2016, 12:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The establishment is basically the progressives.  

He has opposed quite a few bills.  It's basically why you probably don't like Cruz.   Lol

(01-14-2016, 11:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha you thjnk the establishment was against the NSA spying?  

Look at McCain, Bush, Rubio, Christie, Graham, Kasich, ....   All were in favor of NSA spying.

First time that I've heard about this group being progressive....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(01-14-2016, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good post Mr Trump

Why, because I pointed out he's not eligible for the presidency because he's Canadian?

Or because of my hair?
(01-15-2016, 01:00 PM)Benton Wrote: Why, because I pointed out he's not eligible for the presidency because he's Canadian?

Or because of my hair?

Only the most conservative would interpret the Constitution to read Cruz is Canadian, unless they had an agenda.

You guys surprise me sometimes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-15-2016, 01:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only the most conservative would interpret the Constitution to read Cruz is Canadian, unless they had an agenda.

You guys surprise me sometimes.

Honestly, I just think it's funny. Many of the birthers and people who were jumping up and down over Obama having a parent from another country seem really content with a Canadian-Cuban candidate.