Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cry baby cry....
I have never seen the likes of this board.....This defense dominated the game....Dalton and Green dominated this game and still see people in here cry like little girls because it was not perfect....

Burfict brought the heart back to the defense and Eifert will bring this offense back to dominance again in the red zone......

Quit crying....things will get worked out and this team will be one of the best in the AFC by season's end.

I will predict it now......4-2

Cowboys have no chance...the D will crush their rookie QB into submission

At New England we sneak out with a win...

Think like champions people!!!!
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'd never watch football with some of the whiners over in the game-day thread. Not without some tissues handy at least.
Reply/Quote
We could of won both of the games that we dropped if we had Vontaze. Aside from that huge play in the beginning, D was great.

If you ever wondering where the ball is, look for #55. That guy is ALWAYS making an impact on the play. I truly think he is the best in the league.

I have us beating NE too. I have alot of confidence in that game.
Reply/Quote
I think we go 3-3... The Patriots will be too hard to beat with Brady coming back. Plus Eifert won't have much time to get into football shape. He's barley been able to run. He's going to help our offense, but I don't think he will help it enough to get a W at NE.... If we do go 4-2 though we will get a bye week going into the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Noting the ridiculous issues on the offensive line and play calling is not "whining". It's called having standards.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:19 AM)Joelist Wrote: Noting the ridiculous issues on the offensive line and play calling is not "whining". It's called having standards.

aka winning football. what we've seen the past 4 weeks is not winning football. we won 2 games. 1 against a good team. 1 against a bad team. lost both to 2 good teams, likely playoff bound. that is not winning football. next 2 weeks will show us whether we're just pretenders or contenders.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I just see it as missing our tight end who scored 13 TDs last season.

The offense is hurting in the red zone without Eifert
Reply/Quote
14-2
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:02 AM)Gohards Wrote: We could of won both of the games that we dropped if we had Vontaze. Aside from that huge play in the beginning, D was great.

If you ever wondering where the ball is, look for #55. That guy is ALWAYS making an impact on the play. I truly think he is the best in the league.

I have us beating NE too. I have a lot of confidence in that game.

The optimism is overwhelming. The B's beat a bad team on 5 GGs. Take Green out of this game and you have ZERO offense. Hill looked terrible. The play calling had me screaming at the TV. #46 looked lost - whoever he is. The D front got good pressure as the game went on. But the tackling was sloppy by the linemen. Zeitler got 2 more motion penalties. The TE # 87 has hard hands even though he actually caught 4 passes.  Not a game to write home about.
Reply/Quote
If Dalton doesn't make such a bad targeted throw to Uzomah near the goal line we get another TD...Didn't care for the 2 consecutive runs from Hill but it showed that they are committed to running the ball. Yeah the score could have been worse but all in all for 50 out of the 60 minutes of football the Dolphins had zero chance and the defense was just suffocating...Not a whine to be heard from me..This team could be winding up to hits its stride..And that will be really good for everybody...WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:17 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Meh, I just see it as missing our tight end who scored 13 TDs last season.

The offense is hurting in the red zone without Eifert

Truth.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 07:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: Truth.....

Missing Tyler Eifert's pass catching ability in the red zone is an excellent point, but a thought just occurred to me:  Could missing his blocking ability on the offensive line on run plays be a big factor in the inept run game as well?  Last time I looked, Eifert was a beast at directional blocking.  
Reply/Quote
we did lose a. smith. we lost a lot of pieces...our run game needs to improve, the problem is we're getting stuffed for losses many times. It sometimes looks better than it is, look at the stats, it is piss poor.

dalton threw 22 times in the 1st half, why. on pace for 50 throw game? comon.

there are 2 types of people on this board, those satisfied with status quo - and those who are not.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Very sloppy game by the Bengals. Dolphins were even more sloppy. We got 2 turnovers and our offense was just good enough. Neither team seemed in a hurry. I was absolutely shocked that the Dolphins did not go into hurry up mode and get a play off before the 2 min warning. QB just casually walked to the sidelines with like :12 left.

I think Eifert will open things up at the goal line for everyone. He's a key piece to our red zone offense. No doubt.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:58 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Yeah I'd never watch football with some of the whiners over in the game-day thread. Not without some tissues handy at least.

Seriously. I'm gonna start making a game day thread that explicitly bars being an over-dramatic whiner.

(09-30-2016, 08:19 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Very sloppy game by the Bengals. Dolphins were even more sloppy. We got 2 turnovers and our offense was just good enough. Neither team seemed in a hurry. I was absolutely shocked that the Dolphins did not go into hurry up mode and get a play off before the 2 min warning. QB just casually walked to the sidelines with like :12 left.

I think Eifert will open things up at the goal line for everyone. He's a key piece to our red zone offense. No doubt.

Definitely a sloppy game. Certainly not our best W ever but we'll take it and continue to improve. We need to keep building discipline. I liked the hard count last night for the most part until Z decided to start jumping.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:15 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: we did lose a. smith. we lost a lot of pieces...our run game needs to improve, the problem is we're getting stuffed for losses many times. It sometimes looks better than it is, look at the stats, it is piss poor.

dalton threw 22 times in the 1st half, why. on pace for 50 throw game? comon.

there are 2 types of people on this board, those satisfied with status quo - and those who are not.

Just like all my dates: put me down as satisfied. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:19 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Very sloppy game by the Bengals. Dolphins were even more sloppy. We got 2 turnovers and our offense was just good enough. Neither team seemed in a hurry. I was absolutely shocked that the Dolphins did not go into hurry up mode and get a play off before the 2 min warning. QB just casually walked to the sidelines with like :12 left.

(09-30-2016, 08:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Just like all my dates: put me down as satisfied. 

Tbh I'm perfectly fine with Dalton dropping back a lot as long as the blocking holds up. It seems pretty clear to me we are better built to pass to set up the run rather than vice-versa.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think we go 3-3... The Patriots will be too hard to beat with Brady coming back. Plus Eifert won't have much time to get into football shape. He's barley been able to run. He's going to help our offense, but I don't think he will help it enough to get a W at NE.... If we do go 4-2 though we will get a bye week going into the playoffs.

Actually, Eifert doesn't even need to be at full strength to completely transform our redzone offense. Using him as a decoy alone gives our other weapons twice as many opportunities.

I'm not gonna roll over against the Pats just yet. Remember, this team is supposed to be a good team. Good teams win tough games. I say we have a decent shot of winning in Foxborough with our two best players back.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:31 AM)Derrick Wrote: The optimism is overwhelming. The B's beat a bad team on 5 GGs. Take Green out of this game and you have ZERO offense. Hill looked terrible. The play calling had me screaming at the TV. #46 looked lost - whoever he is. The D front got good pressure as the game went on. But the tackling was sloppy by the linemen. Zeitler got 2 more motion penalties. The TE # 87 has hard hands even though he actually caught 4 passes.  Not a game to write home about.

We probably would have won both the Pittsburgh game and the Broncos game if Burfict was back. He's just makes our defense waaay better.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:53 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Actually, Eifert doesn't even need to be at full strength to completely transform our redzone offense. Using him as a decoy alone gives our other weapons twice as many opportunities.

I'm not gonna roll over against the Pats just yet. Remember, this team is supposed to be a good team. Good teams win tough games. I say we have a decent shot of winning in Foxborough with our two best players back.

I do think that Eifert makes this team a lot better, but playing the Patriots AT Foxborough (where it seems like the Ravens are the only team that's able to win there) is going to be extremely tough. We have a shot at winning, but if I had to put a lot of money on the game I would give it to the Patriots. Maybe if it was later in the season when (and if) Zampese gets his head out of his ass with his play calling I would say we win.
Reply/Quote