Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cry baby cry....
(09-30-2016, 04:53 AM)Air Force 1 Wrote: If Dalton doesn't make such a bad targeted throw to Uzomah near the goal line we get another TD...Didn't care for the 2 consecutive runs from Hill but it showed that they are committed to running the ball. Yeah the score could have been worse but all in all for 50 out of the 60 minutes of football the Dolphins had zero chance and the defense was just suffocating...Not a whine to be heard from me..This team could be winding up to hits its stride..And that will be really good for everybody...WHO-DEY!

From what I remember the replay (and commentators) noted that the pass was tipped just enough to move it off target.  Jusy sayin'.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: From what I remember the replay (and commentators) noted that the pass was tipped just enough to move it off target.  Jusy sayin'.

That was the throw to Boyd.....still should've been caught.  Uzomah should've caught his too, although it was off target.  Still hit him in the hands.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: That was the throw to Boyd.....still should've been caught.  Uzomah should've caught his too, although it was off target.  Still hit him in the hands.

Oh right!  lol!  You are correct.  I was not even drinking!
Reply/Quote
8 first downs. Think about that for a second
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:14 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Oh right!  lol!  You are correct.  I was not even drinking!

Ha ha ha ha....I hear ya man....if you're like me, you might be coming down with a slight case of CRSS.....Can't Remember Shit Syndrome! Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Both throws were VERY catchable. In the Uzomah throw the protection broke down (what's new about that?) and Andy had to get it out quicker than the play called for. Boyd's got slightly tipped but both were still easy catches.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 12:04 PM)bengals73 Wrote: If this was in Cincinnati, I'd give the Bengals a chance.. but at NE, it's a very hard place to get a Win.  Besides It's Tom Brady and he'll be coming back pissed off  and guess who he'll take it out on?

Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting for the Bengals loudly and proudly.. Just being realistic. 

He can be pissed off all he wants.  That doesn't change the fact that he will have only had 3 short practices with his teammates since a training camp where he took limited reps.  There WILL be rust and people not on the same page, and they WILL be featuring Blount to soften that effect.  Stop the run, and you force the receivers to perform without a chance to get in sync with the QB.
Reply/Quote
This thread is hilarious.

We're stlil a bunch of parts, as of today we don't look close to as good as we did last year. Last year was a superbowl aspiration for one who hasn't won a playoff game.

This year's team, superbowl? Lolz. How? Playoffs, are going to be a fight.

Eifert is a game changer, let's see if Mr. glass can last a season. We'll have to wait until next year for that to come to fruition, perhaps.

The offensive line is horrible, we all know it. Dalton used to go games in a row without a sack, without an int. Game winning formula. It only takes another 0.5 second, give Dalton time. Hill and Gio are going to have to learn to run without room with the chumps in front of them.

Dalton is known for one of the quickest snap to throw releases in the game and he can't get the ball off. I wish Andy would get mad.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You know it's not good when the QB with the second fastest release time in the NFL is getting contacted regularly before the pass can be thrown. I actually did a few plays with a stopwatch both this game and against Denver to see how long it was taking defenders to get to him after the snap - just a hair over two seconds.

All he needs is another second. Heck a lot of QBs out there routinely get around 4 seconds to get the throw off.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He can be pissed off all he wants.  That doesn't change the fact that he will have only had 3 short practices with his teammates since a training camp where he took limited reps.  There WILL be rust and people not on the same page, and they WILL be featuring Blount to soften that effect.  Stop the run, and you force the receivers to perform without a chance to get in sync with the QB.

A "rusty" Patriots team > 99% of the NFL.  And it's just that simple.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:50 PM)JumboTron Wrote: A "rusty" Patriots team > 99% of the NFL.  And it's just that simple.  

That's what I'm saying. - A rusty Brady  @ Gillette too
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 05:28 PM)bengals73 Wrote: That's what I'm saying. - A rusty Brady  @ Gillette too

I remember the last time the Bengals traveled to Foxborough.  Patriots were coming off a 41-14 drubbing at the hands of the Chiefs and were sitting at 2-2 and almost everyone and their mother said "Oh...well.. it's over for Brady.  The reign is over.  The team is lost..."

The next week the Bengals swaggered into Gillette carrying a 3-0 record, and coming off a BYE week and ended up getting eviscerated 43-17 in a game that could have been much, much worse.  

Bengals went on to lose to Indy in the Wildcard while the Pats won another Super Bowl.

Point is, New England is not normal.  Conventional football terms like "rusty", "not on the same page" don't really apply to Belichick's crew.  They, and especially Brady will be 110% ready to go and if we are not firing on every single cylinder we possibly can we will once again get boat-raced right out of the stadium.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:19 AM)Joelist Wrote: Noting the ridiculous issues on the offensive line and play calling is not "whining". It's called having standards.

the shooting ourselves in the foot has been bad... But out of the first 4 games of the season ill take a win anyway I can.

We pretty much dominated the game aside from 1 play from the dolphins that broke the back..    Score could have easily been 40+ to 7 had we not stopped ourselves.

Did anyone else hear Dalton yell DAMNIT I think right at the beginning of the 4th quarter when they got that false start right after they ended the 3rd with that bad snap (my time frame may be off but that was the series of plays)

Needless to say the OL room is gonna get a mouth full this week I'm sure.
Reply/Quote
Happy with win, yet there is still plenty of work to do.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But it was a win in a primetime game.

Can not hate that too much.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I might have a different account cause i suck at remembering passwords and cause i just don't care, but i have been on the forms talking Bengals when it was still on the Bengals site, and it never fails to get a chuckle out of me how many of you go into "the sky is falling" mode so early, it is only week 4, sit back open a beer, and relax.  Cheers
Reply/Quote