Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cure For HIV/AIDS?
(06-14-2015, 11:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: And I'm sure costs have risen, as has the number of people getting cancer, so it might not be 125, but it's still a pretty profitable business.  

Total medical costs, not profits (which probably run 20-30% on average), for ALL related care, service and drugs for cancer could be close to $125B.  But for drugs specifically to counter chemo, barely a fraction of that.

Sure, it's very profitable.  But drug research has a huge upfront investment, a pretty high failure rate and a very long development cycle so the ROI should be much higher than, say, food production.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 04:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Drugs to counter traditional chemotherapy bring in a profit of like 125 billion per year, with income only rising.

No they don't.  you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

You just posted a link that said the costs to treat cancer (nothing even close to "drugs to counter traditional chemotherapy") cost $125 billion a year.

You have a real problem understanding what you read.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No they don't.  you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

You just posted a link that said the costs to treat cancer (nothing even close to "drugs to counter traditional chemotherapy") cost $125 billion a year.

You have a real problem understanding what you read.

But you don't have any links proving otherwise.

For a lawyer, you have a problem understanding what you read.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:36 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: But you don't have any links proving otherwise.

Okay, Brad, what are you willing to bet that I can prove that there was no where near $125 billion spent just on "drugs to counter chemotherapy"?

Everyone that read this thread can see that you are clearly wrong (again Rolleyes). but if you really want to double down and insist that you are right I am willing to play.  You are nothing but talk.  When someone proves you wrong all you do is resort to name calling and make up stories about things in the past that never happened.

So let's see if you are man enough to stand behind your claim.  What are you willing to bet on this?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, Brad, what are you willing to bet that I can prove that there was no where near $125 billion spent just on "drugs to counter chemotherapy"?

Everyone that read this thread can see that you are clearly wrong (again Rolleyes). but if you really want to double down and insist that you are right I am willing to play.  You are nothing but talk.  When someone proves you wrong all you do is resort to name calling and make up stories about things in the past that never happened.

So let's see if you are man enough to stand behind your claim.  What are you willing to bet on this?

HOLY SHIT!!  

YOU SAY I'M THE ONE THAT'S NOTHING BUT TALK?!  

You just made me post for about the 20th time, and that's a very light estimate, how I proved you've wrong!!  Everybody on the boards has seen it, yet you think repeatedly denying it eventually makes you right!  

Grow up and learn to take responsibility for your word.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You just made me post for about the 20th time, and that's a very light estimate, how I proved you've wrong!!  Everybody on the boards has seen it, yet you think repeatedly denying it eventually makes you right!  

Everyone who has seen it understands that I was just being sarcastic.  Every time you post that weak shit they all point this out to you.  Then you call them stupid and accuse them of being brainwashed to believe everything I say.

No doubt you have made the claim at least 20 times.  In fact you seem obsessed with it.  You even had it in your sig for a while.  But everyone always agrees with me.  It was very clear to all of them that I was just being sarcastic but you were just not able to understand.

Now lets get back to that challenge I gave you.  You are 100% wrong about the amount of profits on treatments used to "counter Chemotherapy", and I am willing to do the research to prove you wrong.  But first I need to hear you say what you are willing to bet.  Lets make it a sig bet.  It is time that I taught you a lesson about talking shit to Fredtoast.

Let's see who is nothing but talk.
Reply/Quote
Brad.......go to bed.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: HOLY SHIT!!  

You just made me post for about the 20th time, and that's a very light estimate, how I proved you've wrong!!  Everybody on the boards has seen it, yet you think repeatedly denying it eventually makes you right!  

Everyone on the boards has also disagreed that you ever proved him wrong. I think 99% of the boards were on Fred's side. Even people who generally dislike and disagree with Fred got along on this one. You saying we are all intimidated/scared/or too stupid see see through Fred is just insulting to everyone on this board. It is insane you think you are the only person smart or brave enough to go against Fred. Stop insulting the entire board.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would pay almost anything for a cure for multiple diseases. I do pay a shit ton for therapy stuff, but would quadrillion, trillion, billion, it for a cure. I first hand do not believe anyone would hold back a cure for any disease. My daughters newer CF Doctor has been in the research part of CF (apparently world renowned) for along time now, and I know for a fact if there was a cure he wouldn't hold back for 1 millisecond if there was a cure! Just my 2 cents
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:53 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I would pay almost anything for a cure for multiple diseases.  I do pay a shit ton for therapy stuff, but would quadrillion, trillion, billion,  it for a cure.  I first hand do not believe anyone would hold back a cure for any disease.  My daughters newer CF Doctor has been in the research part of CF (apparently world renowned) for along time now, and I know for a fact if there was a cure he wouldn't hold back for 1 millisecond if there was a cure!  Just my 2 cents

Excellent point.  There are probably thousands of doctors and drug company executives who have lost family and loved ones to cancer.  They are not all going to let their children and spouse die if there is a cure out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, Brad, what are you willing to bet that I can prove that there was no where near $125 billion spent just on "drugs to counter chemotherapy"?

(11-02-2015, 09:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: HOLY SHIT!!  

Yes yes yes....Fred wrong, Brad right...Other board, everyone saw.  Whatever.  Why not respond to the bet.  I think I know why but it's something you have no ability to admit.

Man up and respond to the bet and defend your inability to read facts and apply them.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:25 PM)MrRager Wrote: Everyone on the boards has also disagreed that you ever proved him wrong. I think 99% of the boards were on Fred's side. Even people who generally dislike and disagree with Fred got along on this one. You saying we are all intimidated/scared/or too stupid see see through Fred is just insulting to everyone on this board. It is insane you think you are the only person smart or brave enough to go against Fred. Stop insulting the entire board.

that was the running joke on the old board... sad to see it carry over and by who carried it over.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: that was the running joke on the old board... sad to see it carry over and by who carried it over.

But I just posted links about why the treatment of cancer is better than a cure.

There's even a doctor in Australia that was bribed by pharmaceutical companies to give cancer patients higher doses of chemo so they'd need more drugs.

Sad to see the truth?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone who has seen it understands that I was just being sarcastic.  Every time you post that weak shit they all point this out to you.  Then you call them stupid and accuse them of being brainwashed to believe everything I say.

No doubt you have made the claim at least 20 times.  In fact you seem obsessed with it.  You even had it in your sig for a while.  But everyone always agrees with me.  It was very clear to all of them that I was just being sarcastic but you were just not able to understand.

Now lets get back to that challenge I gave you.  You are 100% wrong about the amount of profits on treatments used to "counter Chemotherapy", and I am willing to do the research to prove you wrong.  But first I need to hear you say what you are willing to bet.  Lets make it a sig bet.  It is time that I taught you a lesson about talking shit to Fredtoast.

Let's see who is nothing but talk.

You claimed you never said it!  And then posted a link saying that I was a liar and that you didn't say it when the link actually proved you did!  You claim you were being sarcastic because you didn't think I'd call you out on it!  

Claiming you never said something isn't sarcasm!  I'm the only one that sees through your garbage!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You claimed you never said it!  And then posted a link saying that I was a liar and that you didn't say it when the link actually proved you did!  You claim you were being sarcastic because you didn't think I'd call you out on it!  

Claiming you never said something isn't sarcasm!  I'm the only one that sees through your garbage!

Everyone saw this all on the other board.  They all agree with me.  No matter how much you squeal you can't change the truth.

Now about that bet?  You going to man up or are you just going to keep on crying about an old story that everyone has already heard?

If you really are right and I am the one full of shit then you should be jumping on my offer of a sig bet.  Everyone here can see this.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone saw this all on the other board.  They all agree with me.  No matter how much you squeal you can't change the truth.

Now about that bet?  You going to man up or are you just going to keep on crying about an old story that everyone has already heard?

If you really are right and I am the one full of shit then you should be jumping on my offer of a sig bet.  Everyone here can see this.
Fred.

You said that I said chemotherapy didn't exist because you were trying to be cute and figured everyone would jump on board and believe your bullshit because most people blindly do for some reason.

You may have been sarcastic in your comment of "I just wasn't sure if you knew it existed" because you figured I'd just roll over after the first comment because you think I'm too dumb to stand up to you, but that first comment of saying I didn't believe if exists wasn't sarcasm because there's no way to even spin it to look like sarcasm.

There's more examples, but they're pretty much all based off that.

So what was the sig bet?  That I've never proven you wrong?  There it is.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:45 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Fred.

You said that I said chemotherapy didn't exist because you were trying to be cute and figured everyone would jump on board and believe your bullshit because most people blindly do for some reason.

You may have been sarcastic in your comment of "I just wasn't sure if you knew it existed" because you figured I'd just roll over after the first comment because you think I'm too dumb to stand up to you, but that first comment of saying I didn't believe if exists wasn't sarcasm because there's no way to even spin it to look like sarcasm.

There's more examples, but they're pretty much all based off that.

So what was the sig bet?  That I've never proven you wrong?  There it is.  

Brad, you tried to make this claim a dozen times on the old boards and every time you did everyone agreed that you were full of beans.  Just give it up.  People here remember exactly what was said.  They could all see that it was clearly sarcasm.  In fact I am famous for being sarcastic on these boards.  It makes you look ridiculous to claim it was IMPOSSIBLE that I could have made a sarcastic remark.

As for the sig bet i was talking about your claim that $125 million was spent "just to counter the effects of chemotherapy".  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Brad, you tried to make this claim a dozen times on the old boards and every time you did everyone agreed that you were full of beans.  Just give it up.  People here remember exactly what was said.  

As for the sig bet i was talking about your claim that $125 million was spent "just to counter the effects of chemotherapy".  

I POSTED PROOF TO IT!  HOW CAN YOU EVEN BEGIN TO CLAIM THAT IT'S FALSE?!

You're so full of shit!!  

I posted it multiple times!!

Which part are you saying that you didn't say?!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But I just posted links about why the treatment of cancer is better than a cure.

There's even a doctor in Australia that was bribed by pharmaceutical companies to give cancer patients higher doses of chemo so they'd need more drugs.

Sad to see the truth?

And these same pharmaceutical companies will do whatever it takes to beat the competition. If there's a cure, they will fight tooth and nail to be the only company to mass produce and sell it, but sell it they will. There's just too much money to be made in having a cure, especially if they're the only company with the cure.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 05:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I POSTED PROOF TO IT!  HOW CAN YOU EVEN BEGIN TO CLAIM THAT IT'S FALSE?!

You're so full of shit!!  

I posted it multiple times!!

Which part are you saying that you didn't say?!

I never denied saying it.  I just denied that I actually thought you had never heard of chemotherapy.  It was very clear that you had heard of chemotherapy.  I was just being sarcastic.

You have posted links and quotes multiple times on the other board and everyone who reads them agrees that I was clearly being sarcastic.  You do remember the dozens of times you tried to make this argument on the other board don't you?  Everyone gets it but you.

Now can we get back to your claim that $125 billion is spent each year "just to counteract chemotherapy"?
Reply/Quote