Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Comp pick prediction by Overthecap
Two 4's and two 6's.

http://overthecap.com/projecting-2017-compensatory-draft-picks/
Reply/Quote
That's good news, originally projected us a 4,5,6, and 7 so I'm glad to see 2 4ths and 6ths
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I cant see 11 draft picks making the team.

Wonder what 3 6th round picks and a 7th could get us in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 04:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cant see 11 draft picks making the team.

Wonder what 3 6th round picks and a 7th could get us in a trade.

Probably a late 4th or early 5th? I'd be for it
Reply/Quote
I'd be pretty happy with 3 fourth round picks. Notable Bengals 4th rounds picks in the past 10 years: Billings, Shaw, Boling, Geno, Anthony Collins, Peko. 

There'd be a good chance we'd get a starter with that many comp picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 04:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Probably a late 4th or early 5th? I'd be for it

Same here, like Treee here shows. 4th round is our best round by far...

(01-07-2017, 05:15 PM)treee Wrote: I'd be pretty happy with 3 fourth round picks. Notable Bengals 4th rounds picks in the past 10 years: Billings, Shaw, Boling, Geno, Anthony Collins, Peko. 

There'd be a good chance we'd get a starter with that many comp picks.

I think Billings will be great here and Shaw is already exceeding expectations. Love the 4th round.

Lets trade some late picks to get 3 4th round picks baby. Cool
Reply/Quote
Could also get another 4th rounder with a mccarron trade as well as a second.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:29 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Could also get another 4th rounder with a mccarron trade as well as a second.

At this point, I would say doubtful on that 2nd rounder.  Now that McCarron has went public with acknowledging that he is alright with being traded, the team no longer has any leverage.  The league now knows that Cincinnati will be shopping McCarron, and teams will lowball because of it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At this point, I would say doubtful on that 2nd rounder.  Now that McCarron has went public with acknowledging that he is alright with being traded, the team no longer has any leverage.  The league now knows that Cincinnati will be shopping McCarron, and teams will lowball because of it.

they canlowball all they want but brown won't give him up for anything less 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: they canlowball all they want but brown won't give him up for anything less 

McCarron was a 5th round pick.  Anything equal to or greater than that would be fair.  The Bengals missed their opportunities to capitalize on McCarron's potential value, prior to the trade deadline, and most importantly when Teddy Bridgewater went down for the season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
For the record, last years picks were 4th...131-139 and 6th...208-221

I could see a 6th rounder being used on a kicker.

Not to hijack the thread, but with so much emphasis placed on the 1st round pick, wondering what players people like in these areas.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 07:25 PM)Goalpost Wrote: For the record, last years picks were 4th...131-139 and 6th...208-221

I could see a 6th rounder being used on a kicker.

Not to hijack the thread, but with so much emphasis placed on the 1st round pick, wondering what players people like in these areas.

as I've said today in other posts really like Joe mixon first round talent that we can get with a comp pick. Also if butt free falls grab him here. And looks like we're really close to Jones being a third rounder BTW 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: McCarron was a 5th round pick.  Anything equal to or greater than that would be fair.  The Bengals missed their opportunities to capitalize on McCarron's potential value, prior to the trade deadline, and most importantly when Teddy Bridgewater went down for the season.

thatS when I thought he would be traded during bridgeaater injury but I actually think the jets and browns would be the top 2maybe bears as well. But I think we get at least a second maybe not that 4th as well but we will get a second for him but could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
A few guys that have caught my eye

Eric Magnuson T Michigan...CBS rank 136...

Davis Webb QB Cal..CBS rank 149...if we trade McCarron

Marquel Lee ILB Wake Forest CBS rank 181

Stevie Tu'ikolovatu DT Southern Cal Not even ranked by CBS

And like others have said.. could also do some trading up and target players earlier
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 09:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: as I've said today in other posts really like Joe mixon first round talent that we can get with a comp pick. Also if butt free falls grab him here. And looks like we're really close to Jones being a third rounder BTW 

Why do you believe it looks really close to Jones being a 3rd rounder?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 04:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why do you believe it looks really close to Jones being a 3rd rounder?
Jones?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 04:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jones?

I think he believes the Bengals will get a 3rd round comp pick for Marvin Jones signing with Detroit, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think he believes the Bengals will get a 3rd round comp pick for Marvin Jones signing with Detroit, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. 

Seeing how that service doing the predictions, does the predictions.  I'd say that you are right.  They say 2 4th round picks and 2 6th round picks, I would say that sounds fair, as neither Jones or Sanu got top tier money, nor did either of them make any Pro Bowl or All Pro lists.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 04:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why do you believe it looks really close to Jones being a 3rd rounder?
Paul dehner jr tweeted it he said Jones is 2 spots away from being a third comp.
(01-08-2017, 05:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing how that service doing the predictions, does the predictions.  I'd say that you are right.  They say 2 4th round picks and 2 6th round picks, I would say that sounds fair, as neither Jones or Sanu got top tier money, nor did either of them make any Pro Bowl or All Pro lists.
It was a tweet from Paul dehner jr. That said he was 2 spots away and was really close to being a third round comp.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Paul dehner jr tweeted it he said Jones is 2 spots away from being a third comp.
It was a tweet from Paul dehner jr. That said he was 2 spots away and was really close to being a third round comp.

Wow, all things considered, Detroit really did overpay.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote