Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curtis Samuel
Does anyone else think this kid could be electric in the NFL, we need more playmakers with speed, and this kid has plenty of it. could see time at RB and WR, even some reps at KR/PR even though he struggled there last year in college.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 12:11 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: Does anyone else think this kid could be electric in the NFL, we need more playmakers with speed, and this kid has plenty of it. could see time at RB and WR, even some reps at KR/PR even though he struggled there last year in college.

I think he is a gimmick piece that will need the right system to work well. I could see him going to NO to partner with Ingram as their change of pace then slide him out occasionally. It seems like a good fit for Sean Peyton.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 12:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think he is a gimmick piece that will need the right system to work well. I could see him going to NO to partner with Ingram as their change of pace then slide him out occasionally. It seems like a good fit for Sean Peyton.

I actually see him more as a WR than a RB, i do think he needs a lot of work, but he can still make some plays based on athleticism while he is learning.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 12:47 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: I actually see him more as a WR than a RB, i do think he needs a lot of work, but he can still make some plays based on athleticism while he is learning.

I think if you draft him you line him up everywhere similar to sproles in order to maximize his value. He is a good mismatch coming out of the back field. I am just not sure he has nearly enough experience running routes to do much early on.
Reply/Quote
Meh. I view him a lot like Braxton Miller. Electric with the ball in his hands, but not true polished WR or RB. Obviously Samuel is more experienced in the WR/RB role than Miller was, but still the same type of unrefined potential.

Given where he's expected to be drafted, I think it's too early for what likely will be somewhat of a project.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Meh. I view him a lot like Braxton Miller. Electric with the ball in his hands, but not true polished WR or RB. Obviously Samuel is more experienced in the WR/RB role than Miller was, but still the same type of unrefined potential.

Given where he's expected to be drafted, I think it's too early for what likely will be somewhat of a project.

oh I definitely agree he is projected too high, but i think he might not be a bad pick in the 3rd. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 01:58 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: oh I definitely agree he is projected too high, but i think he might not be a bad pick in the 3rd. 

A better comparison I could have used was Jalin Marshall. I think Samuel is better than Marshall, but Marshall went undrafted because he didn't really fit a specific role. He was too unpolished everywhere. A definite project.

I view Samuel in the same light, and therefore wouldn't want him until the 5th.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It totally depends on the system and team he goes to...

If he comes to Cincy, he will be a pine rider and bounce back and forth between slot and X.

If he goes to New England, he will become a top tier WR that could eventually replace Edelman.

The kid has special talent and would make an outstanding slot WR, but could also end up outside due to his vertical speed. He simply didn't have the QB play this past season.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 09:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It totally depends on the system and team he goes to...

If he comes to Cincy, he will be a pine rider and bounce back and forth between slot and X.

If he goes to New England, he will become a top tier WR that could eventually replace Edelman.  

The kid has special talent and would make an outstanding slot WR, but could also end up outside due to his vertical speed.  He simply didn't have the QB play this past season.

i dont think it was qb play as much as having no threat outside of samuel. Ur analysis is spot on though.
Reply/Quote
He just blazed a 4.31 forty! Poor man's McCaffrey? He definitely just raised his draft stock.
Reply/Quote
I would like him here if we could use him correctly. Zampese i have little faith in but Urban i have faith in.

Let Urban work with him. Samuel could be a great gadget player for us.
Reply/Quote
Samuel is the type of weapon that does not need a ton of touches per game, in order to impact the was a defense prepares for the rest of the offense. I can pretty much say that if you get Samuel the ball a few times on the opening and second possession of a game, you'll see Andy finding AJ Green and Eifert in one on one matchups.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals draft john Ross and Samuel and perine in first 2 rounds lol
Reply/Quote
I like Samuel. It's be nice to have another Gio type if he doesn't play a full year and Burkhead goes elsewhere.

That said, I like the idea of drafting Boom Williams later even more. He's had a good combine, is explosive, catches passes, and will be available much later than Samuel, who himself is a bit of a project. I really want Boon in 6, maybe even 5.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 12:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think he is a gimmick piece that will need the right system to work well. I could see him going to NO to partner with Ingram as their change of pace then slide him out occasionally. It seems like a good fit for Sean Peyton.

Peyton will want taller WRs for Brees, who likes to throw guys high.  I think that is one of his issues with Cooks.  Last year, getting Thomas from OSU was a perfect pick for them.  Big guy, big catch radius. 

I think Samuel could be like an Antonio Brown, and unlike John Ross who has speed to burn, he doesn't have tiny hands.  
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 05:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Samuel is the type of weapon that does not need a ton of touches per game, in order to impact the was a defense prepares for the rest of the offense.  I can pretty much say that if you get Samuel the ball a few times on the opening and second possession of a game, you'll see Andy finding AJ Green and Eifert in one on one matchups.

Completely agree.  He doesn't have to take deep shots, either, as DBs will be playing so far off him for fear of getting burned over the top.  I don't see him getting out of round 1, but if the Bengals can't get one of the DEs they covet, sliding back in Rd 1 might allow for an extra second rounder to fill in the vacancy at Guard and still get an impact defender in Rd 1.  
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Peyton will want taller WRs for Brees, who likes to throw guys high.  I think that is one of his issues with Cooks.  Last year, getting Thomas from OSU was a perfect pick for them.  Big guy, big catch radius. 

I think Samuel could be like an Antonio Brown, and unlike John Ross who has speed to burn, he doesn't have tiny hands.  

I'm saying he could use him like he has a lot of other small HB/WR hybrid guys. Samuel isn't a straight WR wherever he goes. He will be best given a couple carries a game, run him out on patters out of the backfield, and then line him up out wide occasionally as well. Sean Peyton is very good at using thee utility guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Peyton will want taller WRs for Brees, who likes to throw guys high.  I think that is one of his issues with Cooks.  Last year, getting Thomas from OSU was a perfect pick for them.  Big guy, big catch radius. 

People will look at John Ross's hand size and think he will suffer drops. However, he only dropped 6 passes the past two years. He actually is a good hands catcher.

PFF Wrote:Catches with his hands, and is very strong with the ball. Dropped only six of 105 catchable passes the last two years.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-john-ross-wr-washington/
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: People will look at John Ross's hand size and think he will suffer drops. However, he only dropped 6 passes the past two years. He actually is a good hands catcher.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-john-ross-wr-washington/

I am liking JR more than any other WR besides Corey Davis now.

That speed with those routes and those hands will be deadly at the next level. Gamebreaker.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am liking JR more than any other WR besides Corey Davis now.

That speed with those routes and those hands will be deadly at the next level. Gamebreaker.

Just the threat of him out there would scare the bejesus out of defenses.  He's a blur and he's really good with the ball in his hands.  And tough too.  Played all last year with a torn labrum.  I just pray he doesn't end up a Ratbird.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote