Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutler a Dolphin, AJ McCarron not going anywhere
According to Jim O on multiple occasions no one has offered the Bengals anything for McCarron. Ever. Of, course he isn't being traded.
Reply/Quote
Yeah the forum views McCarron as an in demand QB...I think the league sees him as limited and will wait until he's a free agent to sign him. Someone like Cleveland will throw him into the mix. I doubt any team just hands him a job.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 10:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah the forum views McCarron as an in demand QB...I think the league sees him as limited and will wait until he's a free agent to sign him. Someone like Cleveland will throw him into the mix. I doubt any team just hands him a job.

This is pretty much how I feel, too. Teams probably feel he's too limited to give assets for,  but if he were a free agent, he would most definitely get snapped up. To be an unquestioned starter? Probably not. But some QB needy team might let him compete. 

Btw, it's worth mentioning that McCarron will be 28 at the start of his 1st season with a new team. That's still fairly young for a QB, but it's surprising to me as I think most of us look at Mac like a young prospect.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: [Image: jay-cutler-finger.jpg]

Cutler just likes his pets. What can you say?

lol man he looks like Jim from the office here.. lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 10:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: there are a few guys left out there that will get called before a 4yr-career backup with 5 starts and a 2-3 record

This is the point that is lost on so many Kaep fans as well...at what price?  McCarron has virtually no cap hit at all this year and a team like Miami could have used him for a season and then, hopefully, got a third round compensatory pick the following year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is the point that is lost on so many Kaep fans as well...at what price?  McCarron has virtually no cap hit at all this year and a team like Miami could have used him for a season and then, hopefully, got a third round compensatory pick the following year.  

Guys like Thad Lewis, Bruce Gradkowski, Charlie Whitehurst, Christian Ponder and Shaun Hill would make for decent backups at minimum contracts.

I don't think McCarron would be an upgrade over Matt Moore for the Dolphins. Moore has a winning record (15-13) as starter and had a 105.6 rating in 3 starts with the Dolphins last year. 

I agree on Kaep though. I think the guy is either asking for too much money or he is welcoming the press attention he's getting from being "blackballed".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Moore is ranked as the best backup QB in the league based on some lists I've seen.

I think Kaepernick is being blackballed for whatever reason.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 01:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Kaepernick is being blackballed for whatever reason.

Well, the reason is pretty apparent...

BUT....I'd rather have Jay Cutler play for my team. He's better.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 01:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Moore is ranked as the best backup QB in the league based on some lists I've seen.

I think Kaepernick is being blackballed for whatever reason.

He might be, but I'm open to the possibility that Kaep may not be trying his hardest to get back in the league.

I think he's very into the social justice stuff and may enjoy being viewed as a martyr as it just brings more media attention to him and his cause.
Reply/Quote