Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D&H Sports interview with Elise Jesse on Toxic culture
(11-25-2020, 04:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see how Zac survives this. Even by MB standards.

I'm embarrassed for the Free Agents that came this season witnessing all the worse of the Bengals Organization they've heard from the outside all these years.

Many of which wasn't all true, but how can you dispute it to them now. The critics have been proven right.

I agree with all of this. 

As a pragmatist, how can you consolidate these conclusions? The nuevo culture is dead, if it was ever there to begin with. We cut ties with the loser ship and pick up any pieces that fall to our wayside. Our prerogative moving forward is one of insightful positional coaching; something our current staff is incapable of.

If Zac takes Penei, it is a gift and a curse. We will have taken the obvious choice, but we will have also been burdened with Faylor for another season.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd say that's part of it, but I just read an interview with him, and attributes a lot of that... playing better and being more vocal....to Vonn Bell. He also noted Shawn Williams, and how he's having to fill his void of being a vocal leader. 

Side note.... PFF has Vonn Bell as the league leader in TFL in the run game from the safety position. I believe they will make a good tandem back there if they're kept together moving forward.

Good points.

A good defense has to have synergy.  Between the pass rush, the coverage, and the tackling.  Right now, the guys playing in the middle of the defensive line are guys no one knows and Geno Atkins, who has fallen off dramatically.  If the improve the middle of the defense (getting Reader back will be huge) and having more consistency in the secondary (hoping Waynes and WJIII work like they should moving forward), then the LBs and safeties will have an easier job to do.  

I mean, Christian Covington is doing all he can, but he is a scrap heap guy.  Ditto Xavier Williams.  I liked the Mike Daniels signing, and I hope he can stay healthy and be a piece of the puzzle moving forward.  

It is hard to say how much of Pratt's play is on the defensive llne, but he did not pick up where he left off last year....

I'm really hoping we see more of Markus Bailey and less of Josh Bynes.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's not the puppets, it's the first year drama student "must do european accent for laughs" stuff that is cliched and instantly annoying for me.  Accents and impressions can be ok in small bursts but the constant nature of this is just something that irks me. 

That reminds me of the days when everyone was talking like napoleon dynamite or Borat.  Argh I hate it so much. It takes zero talent and it's completely irrelevant to what is going on.  Why are 2 puppets talking about American football both European?

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Sacha Baron Cohen uses his characters such as Borat to get people to underestimate him and drop their defenses. He can coax them into unguarded revelations they wouldn't make if confronted with a more conventional and apparently competent interviewer. It can be a surprisingly effective tactic (although I don't think Dadio and Hodgie make the most of it).

But why can't Europeans talk American football?

(11-25-2020, 04:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, I'm going to have to watch this. But I hate those damn puppets.

I wish she went on that other Bengals podcast. I was pleasantly surprised at how well done it was.

What other Bengals podcasts? There are loads.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 02:36 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Sacha Baron Cohen uses his characters such as Borat to get people to underestimate him and drop their defenses. He can coax them into unguarded revelations they wouldn't make if confronted with a more conventional and apparently competent interviewer. It can be a surprisingly effective tactic (although I don't think Dadio and Hodgie make the most of it).

But why can't Europeans talk American football?

What other Bengals podcasts? There are loads.

I get the character of borat im saying I was instantly sick of people talking like him. 

Europeans can talk american football it's just cliched and annoying that people doing "funny characters or voices" just put on a european accent and let er rip.  

What is so baffling about me saying I get fatigued with fake accents?  Oy pip pip the Bengals wot wot is a ruddy rotten team they is I tells ya.   

I assure you if the puppets put on valley girl or surfer dude lingo or talked like Cheech Marin id tune our too. It's just not my thing.  I'll admit i went to a liberal arts college and the number of drama students there that were from the PA suburbs but spoke with british accents burned me out pretty quickly. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote