Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
D-Line
So, do we try to go out and pick a guy up to plug into the rotation ?
Or... do you think our young guys are ready ?
Is our locker room tight knit and mature enough to handle somebody like Ndamukong Suh coming in.
I guess he's petitioning teams currently.
Is there anyone out there that "fits" ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I’m worried too. Reader is a BEAST

Was it Zach Carter that came in on the 4th and inches series? If so - he did his job.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 07:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: So, do we try to go out and pick a guy up to plug into the rotation ?
Or... do you think our young guys are ready ?
Is our locker room tight knit and mature enough to handle somebody like Ndamukong Suh coming in.
I guess he's petitioning teams currently.
Is there anyone out there that "fits" ?

Suh would be the perfect pick up as far as a player. I don't know if we will bring him in though as he has always had an attitude. But if he is behaving 
well I couldn't think of a better pick up for this team with Reader out. Zach Carter is a 3-tech, same with BJ Hill even if he CAN play NT. All we have is 
Tupou and I don't trust him from what I have seen of his play this year.

Amazing stop by Zach Carter and BJ Hill to help win this last game in OT. But we will need to be better stopping the run than we were early against the
Vikes. BTW, speaking of D-line, Myles Murphy played great against the Vikings.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 07:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: I’m worried too. Reader is a BEAST

Was it Zach Carter that came in on the 4th and inches series? If so - he did his job.

Yes, Zach Carter got the jump that beat the Vikings on the 4th and inches. Him and BJ Hill both did great on that play.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Suh would be the perfect pick up as far as a player. I don't know if we will bring him in though as he has always had an attitude. But if he is behaving 
well I couldn't think of a better pick up for this team with Reader out. Zach Carter is a 3-tech, same with BJ Hill even if he CAN play NT. All we have is 
Tupou and I don't trust him from what I have seen of his play this year.

Amazing stop by Zach Carter and BJ Hill to help win this last game in OT. But we will need to be better stopping the run than we were early against the
Vikes. BTW, speaking of D-line, Myles Murphy played great against the Vikings.

Agreed on Murphy.
I honestly think our guys have a strong enough bond that Suh couldn't disrupt our chemistry, even if he wanted to. I think he'd be fine, though. He's in the twilight of his career and would likely be happy just to play on a playoff team. His skillset would give us depth and versatility.

I like our guys a lot, but I like insurance better.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, Zach Carter got the jump that beat the Vikings on the 4th and inches. Him and BJ Hill both did great on that play.

Mad props to him then.

*We already expect BJ to be a stud
Reply/Quote
I was a fan of the way Domenique Davis played last preseason and this preseason.

He isn’t getting any younger either. Already 27. I’d say it’s time to see if he is deserving of a spot on the 53.
Reply/Quote
Btw... Suh is talking to the Ravens and Browns currently.
It'd be a bonus keeping him off those squads by signing him.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Agreed on Murphy.
I honestly think our guys have a strong enough bond that Suh couldn't disrupt our chemistry, even if he wanted to. I think he'd be fine, though. He's in the twilight of his career and would likely be happy just to play on a playoff team. His skillset would give us depth and versatility.

I like our guys a lot, but I like insurance better.

I agree. Actually think Suh has played long enough to where he has learned a lot of stuff, being around classy guys like Vita Vea and such.

Myles Murphy just seems so strong for an End. Lots of talent and it shown big time against the Vikings. Multiple run stops, pressures and a sack.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:08 PM)Whacked Wrote: Mad props to him then.

*We already expect BJ to be a stud

Yeah, we know what we have in BJ Hill, was nice seeing a great play from our young 3-tech in the biggest of moments.

Carter completely jumped the snap count and pushed the LG into Mullens to blow that play up.

(12-18-2023, 08:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was a fan of the way Domenique Davis played last preseason and this preseason.

He isn’t getting any younger either. Already 27. I’d say it’s time to see if he is deserving of a spot on the 53.

This is what I am expecting, I DO like Davis, he played very good this Preseason.

(12-18-2023, 08:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Btw... Suh is talking to the Ravens and Browns currently.
It'd be a bonus keeping him off those squads by signing him.

Yeah, would like to snatch him away from those bastids.
Reply/Quote
I don't foresee them signing anyone . Maybe a guy to the PS if they elevate Davis. But I think it's gonna be a platoon / mix n match of Tupou, Carter, Tufule with a sprinkling of Hubbard / Sample at 3T with Murphy playing LE.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:16 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I don't foresee them signing anyone . Maybe a guy to the PS if they elevate Davis. But I think it's gonna be a platoon / mix n match of Tupou, Carter, Tufule with a sprinkling of Hubbard / Sample at 3T with Murphy playing LE.

I actually like Tufele better than Tupou.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, would like to snatch him away from those bastids.

Do you think he'd sign for minimum + performance escalators ?

Reply/Quote
I'd look at Danny Shelton
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:25 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Do you think he'd sign for minimum + performance escalators ?

I think so.

(12-18-2023, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd look at Danny Shelton

Also like this thought. Shelton is actually a pure NT unlike Suh who is more of a hybrid, 3-tech/NT a bit like BJ Hill.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd look at Danny Shelton
I'm definitely game for that.

Reply/Quote
He's available, 335lbs played with us in the superbowl season..wouldn't kicking the tires He's a good run stopper..
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 09:02 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: He's available, 335lbs played with us in the superbowl season..wouldn't kicking the tires He's a good run stopper..

Is that the guy that was signed right before the playoffs?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I thought you were giving Taylor a compliment, lol. The steve kerr of foitball coaches!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Think I would prefer Danny Shelton or Suh, but Kerr could definitely be in our thoughts along with Domenique Davis off the PS.
Reply/Quote