Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D'Onta Foreman
I know many of you have noticed I have been all over this kid for months and it is for good reason he has flown under the radar because a perceived belief he would be a big plodding HB. If you watched his tape you know he has a rare mix of size and speed that is special. He had over 2k yards without a bowl game good for 2nd in the country and better than even the great Ricky Williams had at Texas. So he had his pro day today and let me throw a couple things in here...

Now I'm not getting into the pro day hand time argument again, but the guy realistically runs as fast if not faster than Joe Mixon at nearly 237 pounds. People will point to his under utilization in the passing game, but I continue to argue because he didn't doesn't mean he can't.

This guy is going to be the steal of the draft in the 3rd or 4th round. I have compared him to Steven Jackson from the start and I stand by that comparison.
Reply/Quote
I like Foreman. I think that is why we wait on Mixon and hope he falls to the 3rd round. His character issues do not warrant a trade up and take late first or early 2nd round selection, especially when several teams will have him completely off their boards. Foreman, on the hand could be a good backup plan for the 3rd round. His size and speed combination or rare. As mentioned, I highly doubt he has the hands of Joe Mixon but at the same time we aren't sure exactly what he can do in that element. We also have Gio Bernard for pass catching still so I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor on taking Foreman. If they like him and he is still sitting there in the third and Mixon is gone then this would be a good selection.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Plus he has dreads:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-2017-Dreaded-Mock-Draft
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Foreman is TERRIBLE in pass protection - something the Bengals place a lot of importance on and for a big guy, he doesn't run with a lot of power.

I'm not a fan of his in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Foreman is TERRIBLE in pass protection - something the Bengals place a lot of importance on and for a big guy, he doesn't run with a lot of power.  

I'm not a fan of his in this draft.

And with likely a (much) worse OL, this team will need as much extra blocking from a TE, FB/H-B, and RB as they can get.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And with likely a (much) worse OL, this team will need as much extra blocking from a TE, FB/H-B, and RB as they can get.

I just remember how long Corey Dillon sat on the bench due to his inability to be a blocker in the passing game.

I wouldn't be shocked if Foreman struggles as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I just remember how long Corey Dillon sat on the bench due to his inability to be a blocker in the passing game.

I wouldn't be shocked if Foreman struggles as well.
It can be taught, right?  He is a powerful runner.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:40 PM)McC Wrote: It can be taught, right?  He is a powerful runner.

Yes it can be taught and most rookies are bad, even the ones people think will be good. Elliot is definitely the exception to the rule. Most rookies are two down backs the first year for this reason.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:40 PM)McC Wrote: It can be taught, right?  He is a powerful runner.

I wouldn't say he's a powerful runner.  I've watched several games of his and for a big back, his legs stop a lot on contact.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't say he's a powerful runner.  I've watched several games of his and for a big back, his legs stop a lot on contact.

Not what I see wen I watch his tape. Go back and watch Oklahoma game tape. I agree his pass blocking needs work but he is a willing blocker just not great at it. The lack of receptions really come off the fact they keep him in to block on almost every passing play.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/donta-foreman-vs-oklahoma-2016/

6:02 is a good example, plus the TD run and red zone runs around the 2:00 mark.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 05:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: I know many of you have noticed I have been all over this kid for months and it is for good reason he has flown under the radar because a perceived belief he would be a big plodding HB. If you watched his tape you know he has a rare mix of size and speed that is special. He had over 2k yards without a bowl game good for 2nd in the country and better than even the great Ricky Williams had at Texas. So he had his pro day today and let me throw a couple things in here...

Now I'm not getting into the pro day hand time argument again, but the guy realistically runs as fast if not faster than Joe Mixon at nearly 237 pounds. People will point to his under utilization in the passing game, but I continue to argue because he didn't doesn't mean he can't.

This guy is going to be the steal of the draft in the 3rd or 4th round. I have compared him to Steven Jackson from the start and I stand by that comparison.
Much rather have him than Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 05:50 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Much rather have him than Mixon.

I would take either, but I think Foreman simply is easier to swallow for many from a character stand point.
Reply/Quote
He is an interesting prospect, but he has nearly as much potential downside as he does positive upside.

Here's what CBS scout had to say about him.

Quote:Player Overview
A two-star athlete recruit out of high school, Foreman wasn't as highly recruited as his older twin brother, Armanti, a four-star wide receiver recruit who was being wooed by Oklahoma, Florida and several other top programs. But once Texas offered both brothers, it became a package deal and new head coach Charlie Strong was able to keep them both in the Longhorns' 2014 recruiting class. Foreman was expected to share the backfield duties in 2016, but injuries on the depth chart expanded his role and the junior responded with a career season in Sterlin Gilbert's spread scheme. He led the nation with 2,028 rushing yards, rushing for 120-plus yards in all 11 games he played. He is an imposing runner with his size and build and the type of ballcarrier that forces defenders to think for a split-second before attacking him. Foreman runs low to the ground with the forward momentum to carry defenders the final few yards, but his game is primarily predicated on power and toughness, lacking many open-field moves. While capable of being a workhorse in the NFL, Foreman is ideally suited for a backfield committee as a change-up ballcarrier to a scatback.
Strengths Weaknesses
STRENGTHS: Built like a tank with broad shoulders and thick thighs. Runs with a low center of gravity to absorb and maintain his balance through contact. Physical bruiser, picking up his knees and finishing with toughness. Arm tackles don't slow him down as he makes it a chore for defenders to get him on the ground. Not fast, but gets where he is going quickly with loose hips and quick feet to scamper through tight spaces. Picks up speed as he goes - his fourth and fifth steps are faster than his first few. Vision to follow his blockers to the hole, showing the ability to string together sharp cuts. Physical blocker in pass protection. Proven workhorse and high stamina runner with 30-plus carries in six of the final seven games in 2016, including a career-high 51 rushes at Kansas (Nov. 2016). His 2,028 rushing yards in 2016 was second-best season total in Texas history, falling 96 rushing yards shy of Ricky Williams 1998 record.

WEAKNESSES: Comfortably carries 245-250 pounds, but weight/conditioning needs to be maintained. Doesn't have the start/stop burst to make profound cuts in space or consistently create on his own. Limited elusive traits to make defenders miss, relying on play design. Mediocre first step acceleration and won't always win the corner. Undeveloped run tempo, running into blockers. Physical in pass protection, but struggles with the mental part - late to pick up blitzers and anticipate pressures. Only 13 career catches and wasn't asked to run routes out of the backfield. Strong ball security concerns with six fumbles in 2016, averaging one fumble every 55 offensive touches as a junior. Minor injuries have plagued him, including finger surgery (Nov. 2015), rib/abdominal (Oct. 2016) and a groin issue that forced him to sit out against UTEP (Sept. 2016).

--Dane Brugler

FWIW, CBS had him ranked at the 10th best RB, projected to go in the 4th round, as of the 28th. (before pro-day activity)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They were talking RBs on Sirius all day today and apparently Foreman has a fumbling problem or should I say a not fumbling problem
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Fournette 3 on 129 carries, Mixon 5 on 187, foreman 6 on 328, Cook on 6 on 288. Foreman actually fumbles less per carry than all the top backs in the class.
Reply/Quote
If we dont get Mixon in the 2nd Foreman is one i like in rounds 3+
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 12:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If we dont get Mixon in the 2nd Foreman is one i like in rounds 3+

you guys really are clueless on where running back project this year.  Not only is Mixon gone in the first, but i project 5 running backs could be taken in the first this year if Kamara is taken in the end of the first.  By pick 9 of the 2nd round Foreman could be the last big prospect RB of this years draft on the board.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 05:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: I know many of you have noticed I have been all over this kid for months and it is for good reason he has flown under the radar because a perceived belief he would be a big plodding HB. If you watched his tape you know he has a rare mix of size and speed that is special. He had over 2k yards without a bowl game good for 2nd in the country and better than even the great Ricky Williams had at Texas. So he had his pro day today and let me throw a couple things in here...

Impressive. Still, have you seen his hands at all?

We need a RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield.

If he can catch the ball well i would be for him.

Heard he is bad at picking up the blitz though, that is always something to consider.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 02:20 PM)Okeana Wrote: you guys really are clueless on where running back project this year.  Not only is Mixon gone in the first, but i project 5 running backs could be taken in the first this year if Kamara is taken in the end of the first.  By pick 9 of the 2nd round Foreman could be the last big prospect RB of this years draft on the board.  

As Sunset just shown, CBS has Foreman projected as the 10th best RB going in the 4th round.

Plus that many teams needing a RB in the first round is a stretch to say the least and lots of teams if not all will pass up Mixon
in the first for his decking the woman instant. I sure hope the FO is not as panicky as you are about all the RB's being gone by
the 2nd round...
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As Sunset just shown, CBS has Foreman projected as the 10th best RB going in the 4th round.

Plus that many teams needing a RB in the first round is a stretch to say the least and lots of teams if not all will pass up Mixon
in the first for his decking the woman instant. I sure hope the FO is not as panicky as you are about all the RB's being gone by
the 2nd round...

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote