Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DB Logjam
(08-14-2018, 07:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or looking to make the practice squad a great one. Good problem to have new guys looking good.

But, I would bet most fans watch preseason and sees stars everywhere....LOL

Only to discover they never made the cut

Oh that, never happens. LOL. I still remember Dez Briscoe. I still think he came to us the wrong year. Imagine being a rookie dealing with TO and Ocho? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 05:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If I were the Bengals FO, I would cut MJ on final cut down day to create a spot for Burfict who has to be on the roster for a few days. A team is not going to sign MJ (if on the roster week 1 his salary is guaranteed all of 2018), then resign MJ once we pull Burfict off the roster for his suspension.

This way we don't place someone out there another team may snatch up quickly who has a low salary, but proved during preseason they belonged on a NFL roster.

I believe we wont need to keep a spot for Burfict. He goes right to the suspended list. He doesnt get to take up a roster spot for a few days when we are preparing for week one. We get to keep 54 counting burfict
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 03:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Came in and filled in for the starters with no drop off????

Hard to tell if there is any drop off when he only plays 5 snaps a game every few weeks.

What was the best game he has played for the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 09:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hard to tell if there is any drop off when he only plays 5 snaps a game every few weeks.

What was the best game he has played for the Bengals?

Well, for the 5 snaps a game every few weeks, his interception percentage has to be up there, now doesn't it. And I have yet to see him blow a play....
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, for the 5 snaps a game every few weeks, his interception percentage has to be up there, now doesn't it. And I have yet to see him blow a play....

His interception was on a desperation heave in the final seconds of a blowout victory.  It is practically meaningless.

And it is hard to blow coverage from the bench.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: His interception was on a desperation heave in the final seconds of a blowout victory.  It is practically meaningless.

And it is hard to blow coverage from the bench.

What he does in the amount of time he is on the field is the issue, not the time he's not. When he is on the field, he has performed well.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:09 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I believe we wont need to keep a spot for Burfict. He goes right to the suspended list. He doesnt get to take up a roster spot for a few days when we are preparing for week one. We get to keep 54 counting burfict

I hope you are correct, I thought we had to place him the roster, then a couple of days later we could suspend him. At least it was the way they did it in the past I do believe.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  When he is on the field, he has performed well.

BS.  Without doing some research you could not even tell me when he has played.

The most snaps he played last year were late in the Bears game when we made Mitch Trubisky look like Tom Brady (7-9 for 90 yds and a td on 3 straight scoring drives)  Russell got burned for 20 yards by Kendall wright.

No tell me all the times you have seen him play so well.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BS.  Without doing some research you could not even tell me when he has played.

The most snaps he played last year were late in the Bears game when we made Mitch Trubisky look like Tom Brady (7-9 for 90 yds and a td on 3 straight scoring drives)  Russell got burned for 20 yards by Kendall wright.

You keep wanting to go back to his lack of playing time. NONE of the backup CB's get much playing time, simply because they are backups and we have three or four very good corners in front of them. Your argument makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BS.  Without doing some research you could not even tell me when he has played.

He has played well when given a chance Fred. By the standards you have set, Dre K is horrible because he gets burnt a lot.....
Reply/Quote
There is no such thing as a 'logjam' at any position. You can NEVER, I repeat, NEVER have enough good players at any spot. The logjam mentality comes from having many players at essentially the same skill level. We have many db's with very high skill levels and also many with a good skill level. The goal would be to develop more at the higher level, the 'good' ones can always be found
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You keep wanting to go back to his lack of playing time. NONE of the backup CB's get much playing time, simply because they are backups and we have three or four very good corners in front of them. Your argument makes no sense.

True that.

(08-15-2018, 02:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He has played well when given a chance Fred. By the standards you have set, Dre K is horrible because he gets burnt a lot.....

Well played Wedge my friend. Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope you are correct, I thought we had to place him the roster, then a couple of days later we could suspend him. At least it was the way they did it in the past I do believe.

Pretty sure its only the guys getting put on IR with hopes of being an IR return guy that require the roster gymnastics. They have to be on your initial roster.

Suspended is suspended
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 02:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He has played well when given a chance Fred. 

No he has not.

(08-15-2018, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well played Wedge my friend. Wink

Afraid not.

(08-15-2018, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The most snaps he played last year were late in the Bears game when we made Mitch Trubisky look like Tom Brady (7-9 for 90 yds and a td on 3 straight scoring drives)  Russell got burned for 20 yards by Kendall wright.

Now tell me all the times you have seen him play so well.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he has not.

Afraid not.

Afraid your boy Dre Kirkpatrick has been burnt by more than just Kendall Wright who is a first round WR...

Kei Russell is better than Harris Fred, just say it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kei Russell is better than Harris Fred, just say it. Mellow

I'll say it as soon as you tell me the best game he has played as a Bengal.  The way you brag about how well he has played as a Bengal surely you can give me a few examples, right?

He played ONE SNAP in 16 and that was just because we had 6 CBs on the field in the final minute of a blowout win.  He intercepted a desperation heave down the field.

Other than that I can't even recall him playing.  I had to look up his snap counts to figure out when he played more than 5 snaps a game.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Afraid your boy Dre Kirkpatrick has been burnt by more than just Kendall Wright who is a first round WR...

Afraid Dre keeps Russel planted on the bench because he is so much better than Kei.

Jeff Driskell has never thrown an interception in the NFL.  According to your logic that means he is better than Tom Brady who has thrown 160, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll say it as soon as you tell me the best game he has played as a Bengal.  The way you brag about how well he has played as a Bengal surely you can give me a few examples, right?

He played ONE SNAP in 16 and that was just because we had 6 CBs on the field in the final minute of a blowout win.  He intercepted a desperation heave down the field.

Other than that I can't even recall him playing.  I had to look up his snap counts to figure out when he played more than 5 snaps a game.

The point is that Russell makes plays when his number is called on.

Those are the type of backups you keep. Until Harris actually makes a play i am going with Russell.

I cannot recall Harris playing...
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Afraid Dre keeps Russel planted on the bench because he is so much better than Kei.

Jeff Driskell has never thrown an interception in the NFL.  According to your logic that means he is better than Tom Brady who has thrown 160, right?

True on Dre and an absurd comparison comparing Driskel to the greatest QB of all time....

Just absurd man.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The point is that Russell makes plays when his number is called on.

The point is "No he doesn't".  He was called on to play last year and made zero plays.
Reply/Quote