Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DB Michael Thomas re-signed
Depth and special teams guy back in the fold

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well, not earth shaking, but probably a good move. We need some depth behind Bell & Bates and Brandon Wilson had a major injury last year.

3 solids. I'd leave that 4th S spot open. Wilson is signed but we can create $2 mil in cap space by cutting him. Could be a fine S at #31.

I think it would be wise to have a starter plus 1 reserve inked at each position group heading into the draft. That way we don't have any holes to fill. We may not get there at every spot, but this at least we have some checked off:

RB: Mixon; Perine, C. Evans, T. Williams + Holyfield (PS)
WR: Chase, Higgins, Boyd; Taylor
DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, Kareem, C. Sample + Spence, Hubert
LB: L. Wilson, Pratt; ADG, Bailey, Bachie + Johnston & Jones
S: Bell, Bates, M. Thomas + T. Henderson

Depending on where we play Karras & what we do with Hopkins, G & C could be added. And we at least have soecial teamers inked: PK McPherson, LS Harris, P Chrisman, PR Taylor, KR Evans/B. Wilson.

Upgrades always welcome. RT, TE, and CB (assuming Waynes is cut) are glaring holes.
Reply/Quote
I liked what I saw of him, good ST's player and good backup Safety who has veteran experience.

Had a great year as a starter. Don't forget about this guy just cause he has the same name as the great WR from the Saints.

This Michael Thomas could surprise some people including me. Heard he had one year that he was a Probowler with the Giants.

Never watched that sucky Giants team so when I heard about this I knew nothing about him and never watched him till he was
with us on ST's.
Reply/Quote
The "other" Mike Thomas is back (again)...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This Michael Thomas could surprise some people including me. Heard he had one year that he was a Probowler with the Giants.

He was selected for special teams play.

Just like Cedric Peerman when he played for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was selected for special teams play.

Just like Cedric Peerman when he played for us.

Thanks, didn't know the specifics. Sure liked what I saw of him on ST's for us last year. Excellent ST's player, no wonder.
Reply/Quote