DJ Reader
You can stop Derrick Henry when DJ takes out 3 Titan blockers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Reader is a beast and makes everybody around him so much better

So nice to have him back
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:16 PM)pally Wrote: You can stop Derrick Henry when DJ takes out 3 Titan blockers

Love Reader for so many reasons, but my fav has to be how he said "F you Madden" at his pathetic rating.  They must think if you don't get sacks, you aren't valuable.  Thank God the Bengals saw his value and made him the highest paid NT at that time.  He is so critical to this defense.  
Reply/Quote
He was an absolute monster all game

By himself he was a whole defensive run stop scheme.

It’s crazy how we have 2 players that dominate when they play. Jamarr Chase is pass offense by himself and reader is run defense by himself. These last 4 games are kinda my nail in the coffin in the Tee, Boyd and Chase discussion. I think it’s clear now that you let Boyd walk. He gets phased out of the offense anyway for quarters at a time. Being Hurst back and look to draft Boyd slot replacement or commit to Tee manning the slot and try and draft another outside guy.

Either way i think it’s just a waste to sign Boyd to the deal he deserves.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love Reader for so many reasons, but my fav has to be how he said "F you Madden" at his pathetic rating.  They must think if you don't get sacks, you aren't valuable.  Thank God the Bengals saw his value and made him the highest paid NT at that time.  He is so critical to this defense.  

The best games Reader has had, he’s been slightly worse than Geno Atkins prime. And Geno hovered around 91 overall, so I’d say Reader is the best run stuffer in the league and he’s also a fairly decent pass rusher but it’s not his thing. He should at least be 88-89. I think last time i played z madden after all the updates he was around 89 so his rating should be correct now, but starting him at the 84 the started him at is ridiculous. Hubbard is low too. I think Hubbard is rated like 77, and to me he’s probably the most all around DE in the league, which imo puts him closer to an 83 overall.

Now that i think about it Trey H is understated too. He’s a 90 overall easy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:26 PM)Housh Wrote: The best games Reader has had, he’s been slightly worse than Geno Atkins prime. And Geno hovered around 91 overall, so I’d say Reader is the best run stuffer in the league and he’s also a fairly decent pass rusher but it’s not his thing. He should at least be 88-89. I think last time i played z madden after all the updates he was around 89 so his rating should be correct now, but starting him at the 84 the started him at is ridiculous. Hubbard is low too. I think Hubbard is rated like 77, and to me he’s probably the most all around DE in the league, which imo puts him closer to an 83 overall.

Now that i think about it Trey H is understated too. He’s a 90 overall easy

I don't know anything about Madden and didn't know the ratings changed throughout the season, but his was pathetic....something like the 15th best DT.  I agreed with his F U.  
Reply/Quote
DJ Reader was a one man wrecking crew today. He's not gonna get a bunch of fancy stats. But he takes our defense to a different level.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:30 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know anything about Madden and didn't know the ratings changed throughout the season, but his was pathetic....something like the 15th best DT.  I agreed with his F U.  

Now that i think about it Geno was underrated all his prime years on Madden too. I’m pretty sure agerald McCoy and N. Suh consistently had higher ratings than Geno but Geno was outplaying both in his prime

Ratings analyst rankings in these video games are 100% biased too. I very clearly remember one year The Cleveland Cavs were ASS but Ramon Sessions was having a career year from 3 with the Cavs and they would not touch his damn rating. Soon as we trade him to the Lakers his 3pt shot gets buffed literally the same week.

I just think Madden doesn’t care about the Bengals. Burrow is the only guy you can count on having an accurate rating
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:16 PM)pally Wrote: You can stop Derrick Henry when DJ takes out 3 Titan blockers

Wow. What a video. Okay, PFF analysts, do right by the big guy.
Reply/Quote
Dude is just ridiculously good, and does so much that doesn’t show up on a box score.

Reply/Quote
That's just obscene.
Reply/Quote
So big having him for this last stretch run. We can beat anybody when DJ plays like this. BJ Hill and Sam also
had a great game on the DL. Not easy going against that team in their house. Was a fine display of run Defense.
Reply/Quote
Best Nose Tackle in the league
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So big having him for this last stretch run. We can beat anybody when DJ plays like this. BJ Hill and Sam also
had a great game on the DL. Not easy going against that team in their house. Was a fine display of run Defense.

If you would have told me before the game that we'd hold Henry to 38 yards rushing I would have had you sent out for a urinalysis. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:22 PM)J24 Wrote: Best Nose Tackle in the league

I’m afraid to sY this just because i haven’t seen every good NT but Iv seen all pro guys play in their prime and Reader fits the description
-Housh
Reply/Quote
He's been the best DT in the NFL for the past 5 years or so. He just doesn't get 10 sacks a year. Is great at basically everything else.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:22 PM)J24 Wrote: Best Nose Tackle in the league

The only guy even close is probably Vita Vea, but I think Reader is top dawg at this point.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If you would have told me before the game that we'd hold Henry to 38 yards rushing I would have had you sent out for a urinalysis. 

No shit. That is so damn impressive. Props to all our guys and Lou. Just superb against probably the hardest runner ever
and a damn good OL. Love how DJ and our guys just step up to the challenge like that in these big games. What is even 
more awesome is our own OL is starting to do the same, this team is special. 

May I say maybe more special than last year's?

Check out Holic's thread and the vid of Ted, frickin' badazz Center. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only guy even close is probably Vita Vea, but I think Reader is top dawg at this point.

Yep. Vita is damn good, but he isn't playing near as good this season.
Reply/Quote
This team can stop the run and he helps makes it so. Heading into the winter, that is huge.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote