Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Not Kept Yet By Team
Going on Bengals.com transactions early on 3-20-2020, here are some key names not signed to go to other teams.

Billings, Dennard, Eifert, Fejedelem, Jerry, Reynolds, Vigil, Wynn. It appears they are unrestricted free agents.

Carter, Redmond, Tupou, Wilson become restricted free agents as do Mabrin, McRae, McTyer, Nickerson, Scott

Flat out released was Cordy Glenn

Franchise Tag on AJ Green keeping him one more year.

No news on Andy Dalton option, who is under contract for 2020, but Bengals could get out of it, but still have him so far. If Dalton doesn't go anywhere and they draft Burrow, bad news for back-ups.

The names Dennard- CB, Eifert- TE, Vigil-LB, Brandon Wilson-Safety, stand out as players that are on the market that Bengals didn't care to sign.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 05:11 AM)kevin Wrote: Going on Bengals.com transactions early on 3-20-2020, here are some key names not signed to go to other teams.

Billings, Dennard, Eifert, Fejedelem, Jerry, Reynolds, Vigil, Wynn. It appears they are unrestricted free agents.

Carter, Redmond, Tupou, Wilson become restricted free agents as do Mabrin, McRae, McTyer, Nickerson, Scott

No news on Andy Dalton option, who is under contract for 2020, but Bengals could get out of it, but still have him so far. If Dalton doesn't go anywhere and they draft Burrow, bad news for back-ups.

The names Dennard- CB, Eifert- TE, Vigil-LB, Brandon Wilson-Safety, stand out as players that are on the market that Bengals didn't care to sign.

There could be more, but..

Billings went to the browns
Dennard went to the jags
Fedjdelem went to the dolphins
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind too, that unless the player themselves, their agents, or via leak release news of signing it isn't going to become public. There are no player visits to provide hints to reporters. The Bengals are notoriously closed to leaking information. So some of these players could have been re-signed or have a deal in place elsewhere. Even a Dalton trade may not become public until the league allow it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Literally the only player the bengals should think of resigning is vigil. Everyone else can kick rocks.
Reply/Quote
I think they want to keep Vigil and Eifert.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lots of names on that list are easy to replace. I wouldn't miss any of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 08:00 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: There could be more, but..

Billings went to the browns
Dennard went to the jags
Fedjdelem went to the dolphins

I believe Redmond is re-signed as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 05:11 AM)kevin Wrote: Going on Bengals.com transactions early on 3-20-2020, here are some key names not signed to go to other teams.  

Billings, Dennard, Eifert, Fejedelem, Jerry, Reynolds, Vigil, Wynn.  It appears they are unrestricted free agents.

The names Dennard- CB, Eifert- TE, Vigil-LB, Brandon Wilson-Safety,  stand out as players that are on the market that Bengals didn't care to sign.

You haven't been paying close enough attention.

Fej, Billings, Dennard are all signed elsewhere.
Brandon Wilson, Josh Tupou, Redmond, and Carter all were tendered.

With who remains at LB in FA, I could see Vigil re-signing and the Bengals drafting a guy in Rd 2-3. They could also draft another in Rds 4-7 if they wanted to have 5 LBs on the roster.

I really don't see Eifert coming back. They don't have much $$ left to sign people and bringing Eifert back would cut down on snaps for Uzomah (who got a nice contract last year but little used) and Sample (2nd round pick). They need to get Uzomah and Sample more snaps to justify that contract and draft pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Billings, Dennard, Eifert, Fejedelem, Jerry, Reynolds, Vigil, Wynn.  It appears they are unrestricted free agents.

The names Dennard- CB, Eifert- TE, Vigil-LB, Brandon Wilson-Safety,  stand out as players that are on the market that Bengals didn't care to sign.

To the bold, who knows. The Bengals could have or could be trying to sign any of those guys. Just because they haven't signed yet only says there hasn't been a contract everyone agreed to. I'd think Eifert and Vigil are two that the team would bring back at the right price.
Reply/Quote
As has been mentioned, many of the players on this list have either signed with another team or re-signed/tendered by the Bengals. The Bengals historically don't announce deals until they have become official and with the current climate, that may take awhile.

They also re-signed Torry McTyer to a 1-yr deal, btw.
Reply/Quote
> Carter, Redmond, Tupou, Wilson

We tendered offers to these guys which would require a draft pick to outbid us on.

I do think we're interested in Vigil and Eifert *at the right price*. If nothing else, if they aren't signed by another team they could be mid-season replacement material a la Chris Crocker back in the day.

Reply/Quote
They brought Eifert along slowly last year to see if he would hold up, and he had some nice catches. I expect them to re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 11:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You haven't been paying close enough attention.

Fej, Billings, Dennard are all signed elsewhere.
Brandon Wilson, Josh Tupou, Redmond, and Carter all were tendered.

With who remains at LB in FA, I could see Vigil re-signing and the Bengals drafting a guy in Rd 2-3. They could also draft another in Rds 4-7 if they wanted to have 5 LBs on the roster.

I really don't see Eifert coming back. They don't have much $$ left to sign people and bringing Eifert back would cut down on snaps for Uzomah (who got a nice contract last year but little used) and Sample (2nd round pick). They need to get Uzomah and Sample more snaps to justify that contract and draft pick.

Agreed and good point on needing to justify the Uzi contract and the Sample pick. I just think Eifert will be cheap, so why not?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed and good point on needing to justify the Uzi contract and the Sample pick. I just think Eifert will be cheap, so why not?

I see your point, but would you rather $3-5 mill go toward Eifert or toward some OL or LB?
I'd favor LB or OL given the state those positions are in vs TE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 01:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I see your point, but would you rather $3-5 mill go toward Eifert or toward some OL or LB?
I'd favor LB or OL given the state those positions are in vs TE.

I am with you, would rather use the money at those positions and draft a TE for depth.
Reply/Quote