Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJT's Church photo-op
(06-06-2019, 01:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't the idea to pray for the sinner? 

Do you pray for God to protect and endorse the decisions of sinners?
(06-06-2019, 05:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What questions are unanswered again?

I quoted them for you in post #38.

Are you unable to read?
(06-06-2019, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I quoted them for you in post #38.

Are you unable to read?

One of us is. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-06-2019, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you pray for God to protect and endorse the decisions of sinners?

I pray for sinners to find salvation. 

(06-06-2019, 05:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred open-minded logic: 

POTUS goes to a church prays in private with a pastor and then publicly on stage. 

A member of the admin states Trump stopped in to pray for victims

POTUS lies

Trump never prayed in private with the pastor.

Why do you keep making this stuff up?
(06-06-2019, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I pray for sinners to find salvation. 

Good for you.

But you understand that is not what Franklin Graham was asking for with his "Pray for Trump" day, right?
(06-06-2019, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good for you.

But you understand that is not what Franklin Graham was asking for with his "Pray for Trump" day, right?

I could care less what Franklin Graham wants.

(06-06-2019, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you unable to read?

(06-06-2019, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of us is. 

I know.  We have already established that.

(06-05-2019, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no problem admitting I misread what was said on stage
(06-06-2019, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know.  We have already established that.

Good delete and repost, but then again you're "man enough" to admit when you're wrong. 

(06-06-2019, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I could care less what Franklin Graham wants.

Good.

I was just showing why Platt felt it was necessary to explain exactly what he was praying for when he prayed for the President.  Graham was asking for prayer to support end endorse Trumps positions, and that is not what Platt was doing.

Platt puts his religion above his politics.  I can see why you were upset with him making his position clear.
(06-06-2019, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good delete and repost, but then again you're "man enough" to admit when you're wrong. 

One of us is.

BTW I have a question for you.  If Trump is not responsible for the statements from the Trump administration then who is?
(06-06-2019, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One of us is.

BTW I have a question for you.  If Trump is not responsible for the statements from the Trump administration then who is?

This is absolutely great

(06-06-2019, 03:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh don't get it twisted I'm not saying the Pastor did anything wrong. I was referring to those "hurt" because he prayed for Trump. 

Upon re-reading what I wrote I see how my saying "The Pastor made too much of praying for POTUS" could be a slight toward the Pastor, I should have simply said too much was made about it. Be it the Pastor or the Congregation.

Fair enough. I appreciate your take as a Christian.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-06-2019, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good delete and repost, but then again you're "man enough" to admit when you're wrong. 

Mellow

(06-06-2019, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is absolutely great

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-06-2019, 03:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Isn't it his job as their pastor to explain why his actions were those of a good christian and to help his congregation grow in their relationship with god by understanding that? As someone who is not religious and would likely be frustrated if I was in a position where my pastor did that, reading his words gave me a far greater understanding of how a christian would view that situation and I have respect for how the pastor handled being told during his service that POTUS would be there in minutes and wanted him to pray for him.

Fair point, and like Bfine, my intention was not to be critical of the Pastor. He 100% did the right thing. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-06-2019, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is absolutely great

So if Trump is responsible for the lie told by his administration then that means Trump is a liar.

Are we clear on that now?

Trump never prayed for the victims.

The pastor did not pray for the victims.

It was all a lie.
(06-07-2019, 11:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So if Trump is responsible for the lie told by his administration then that means Trump is a liar.

Are we clear on that now?

Trump never prayed for the victims.

The pastor did not pray for the victims.

It was all a lie.

Ah, I see some finally read my answer to you.

Trump is ultimately responsible for what his Administration says, but just because they lie doesn't mean Trump lied.

Get someone to read this for you:

Hillary Clinton said she did not send classified documents from her home server while Secretary of State, but she did. Does that mean Obama lied? No. Does that mean Obama should have been held responsible? Yes.

(06-07-2019, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ah, I see some finally read my answer to you.

Trump is ultimately responsible for what his Administration says, but just because they lie doesn't mean Trump lied.

Get someone to read this for you:

Hillary Clinton said she did not send classified documents from her home server while Secretary of State, but she did. Does that mean Obama lied? No. Does that mean Obama should have been held responsible? Yes.

Ah, I see what you are doing.

The difference here is the comment from Trump's administration was about Trump.  That is why I call Trump a liar.  

As much as I dislike Trump I would not be claiming he was a liar if his administration said something about someone else that turned out to be a lie (unless Trump had direct knowledge).

You say Obama did not lie because he did not know what Hillary was doing.  How can you make the same claim in this case?  How does Trump not know what Trump is doing?

The mental gymnastics you go through to defend this guy is amazing.
(06-07-2019, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ah, I see what you are doing.

The difference here is the comment from Trump's administration was about Trump.  That is why I call Trump a liar.  

As much as I dislike Trump I would not be claiming he was a liar if his administration said something about someone else that turned out to be a lie (unless Trump had direct knowledge).

You say Obama did not lie because he did not know what Hillary was doing.  How can you make the same claim in this case?  How does Trump not know what Trump is doing?

The mental gymnastics you go through to defend this guy is amazing.
But Obama was responsible; right and she lied. So by fred's already published logic Obama lied.

Is Fred now moving the goalpost?

(06-07-2019, 04:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But Obama was responsible; right and she lied. So by fred's already published logic Obama lied.

Is Fred now moving the goalpost?

No.  I am agreeing that I misstated my position.  I am the one man enough to admit when I am wrong, remember?

So let me correct what I meant to say.  When it comes to comments about Trump, Trump is responsible for comments made by the Trump administration.  That is what happened with this church incident, and that is the point I was arguing.

If the Trump administration makes a statement regarding someone else's actions that Trump would not have direct knowledge of then I would not be calling Trump a liar.  I might comment on the incompetence of his administration, but that is not the same as saying he lied.