Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DL FTW
I think the Chargers would have been a significantly worse matchup. The Patriots are difficult to gauge -- plenty to like about that matchup in theory, but NE's defense and Belichick in general scare me more than anything Raiders.

LV isn't a pushover and everything will have to be earned; at least I agree with that much.

I would agree with the OP that the Bengals defensive line has been a bit overlooked in much of the public discourse this week, both in the pass rush and against the run. It's a Bengals advantage on paper. It should have been an advantage in the Dunlap/Atkins era, but both of them kind of disappeared in the postseason. Hopefully this iteration makes it happen. I believe in them.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 12:15 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think the Chargers would have been a significantly worse matchup. The Patriots are difficult to gauge

not scared of the chargers at all. Bengals kept shooting themselves in the foot that game. Plus the Bengals wouldve had that little extra chip on their shoulder since they lost to the chargers before

Patriots have the belichek factor, but even Bill needs to blitz, and blitzing just works into Burrow's hands
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was trying to be not too much of a homer and give the Raiders one

FWIW PFF has us as 20th and Vegas as 28th
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

Didn’t think I would be the only one to recognize the Bengals OL is better than the Raiders OL
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 12:11 AM)Tony Wrote: Calm down, we are gonna smoke the raiders... We couldn't of got a better draw and path to the AFCCG...

I agree. I didn’t see this as a possibility going into week 18. The Raiders are the easiest matchup in my opinion other than if we were to somehow get the top seed and play the Steelers. The chargers proved they can beat us. Belicheck is too good of a coach to overlook. The Raiders are hot but have an interim coach and we beat them pretty bad last go around. We’re more talented on paper and our coaching is at least as good as their coaching. If we lose it would be a big let down. That said, they are a good team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:15 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I re-watched the Raiders-Bengals game again last night. The Raiders only moved the ball on one drive where they hit 3 deep passes to TEs to score a TD. All of the other drives they struggled to move the ball--and Carr was constantly pressured. The receivers couldn't get any separation and the pass rush was good. Hopefully we can build on that success.

I could see Burrow's offense figuring out the Raiders defense a little more this go around as well. Burrow missed some throws in that game. I thought the running backs were open quite a bit. Come back routes and drag routes were open quite a bit too. I think we could take more downfield shots as well and hook up on more plays or draw penalties. The Raiders pass rush is good, but if we don't turn the ball over and just take a sack here and there we should be okay. Mixon could have a big game as well. Throw it to him, run draws, etc. He could have a good day and he could help keep the pressure at bay a bit.

Your thoughts are right, Joe missed several opportunities underneath that game. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Have been thinking all along how everybody was just totally dismissing the Bengals D-Line while praising the Raiders.

See them taking this slight to heart and getting after Carr.

Off topic and this will show my age, but FTW definitely had a completely different meaning when I was young. Seen it on many biker helmets and tattoos in the 60's and 70's and it was meant to be provocative.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 07:46 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Have been thinking all along how everybody was just totally dismissing the Bengals D-Line while praising the Raiders.

See them taking this slight to heart and getting after Carr.

Off topic and this will show my age, but FTW definitely had a completely different meaning when I was young. Seen it on many biker helmets and tattoos in the 60's and 70's and it was meant to be provocative.

When I saw DL FTW, I first thought "what in the hell does Dallas/Ft Worth have to do with anything"? LOL

I don't think I ever knew the other meaning of FTW, although I gotta hunch. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Defensive Line. For The Win.

I see a lot of talk about Raiders DL against our OL.

Just totally overlooking the fact our DL is better than theirs and our OL is better than theirs.

Look for our DL to dominate this game.

I am going to go to the opposite side.  The one where everyone is terrified.

OL FTW.  

Yep. That is offensive line for the win.  I just remember how they mauled pitt that second week after the bye and the 2nd half of the Raider game.

I think the Bengals get up with a couple TDs and the offensive line just salts it away.  Mixon, from the Bay area, has owned the Raiders.  While it might not be as sexy (and I think the WRs still get theirs, just not so many over the top shots) it will be effective.  
Reply/Quote
All I know is this is the first thread I opened this morning and darned you for the title, because when I saw it I read it as DL- F the World, and figured out whole D line got covid or something.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 11:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You know what's also crazy about this Raiders team? They have a top 5 kicker, and the best punter in the league. That guy can pin cincy back deep in their own territory

I'm curious to see if he would still be a top 5 kicker outside of a dome and warm climate for basically every game. I'm sure he's obviously still a really good kicker but I'd be surprised if that doesn't help him out a bit. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All I know is this is the first thread I opened this morning and darned you for the title, because when I saw it I read it as DL- F the World, and figured out whole D line got covid or something.

You're showing your age by not knowing FTW was for the win. Lol

Although I was also wondering if something of note happened in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Defensive Line. For The Win.

I see a lot of talk about Raiders DL against our OL.

Just totally overlooking the fact our DL is better than theirs and our OL is better than theirs.

Look for our DL to dominate this game.

This gives us the edge no doubt. Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Reader, Hubbard, BJ Hill, Kareem, Sample should give Carr fits.
Reply/Quote