Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
DL win rate charts through week 7
[Image: FCuXnJmWUAYMJxP?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: FCupCCOWEAAaaAw?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Bengals are eating up the run.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
So what I am seeing from the DE win rate chart is if we could put Sam Hubbard and Trey Hendrickson into one of Jeff Goldblum's teleporters from The Fly, they'd come out as TJ Watt?

(Side note: How crazy is it that on the top right on both charts is a Watt?)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 11:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So what I am seeing from the DE win rate chart is if we could put Sam Hubbard and Trey Hendrickson into one of Jeff Goldblum's teleporters from The Fly, they'd come out as TJ Watt?

(Side note: How crazy is it that on the top right on both charts is a Watt?)

What the hell happened with the 3rd brother who’s just a ST scrub? I guess it’s like a Twins type situation…

Reply/Quote
4 DL in are tops in run defense! That's damn impressive!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 01:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What the hell happened with the 3rd brother who’s just a ST scrub? I guess it’s like a Twins type situation…

I mean, rough situation where a 6 year NFL career (so far) as a FB qualifies you as a scrub. Lol

But yeah, he's pretty much exclusively a ST guy for the Steelers vs actually being used as a FB with the Chargers, which is weird because he's the 3rd highest paid FB yet he doesn't really FB for the Steelers.

Reply/Quote
What’s the feel with Larry O over there? He’s signed on a 1 year deal which I’m guessing is a holding pattern until the cap rises next year? Is he likely to be re-signed.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 06:28 AM)wanga Wrote: What’s the feel with Larry O over there? He’s signed on a 1 year deal which I’m guessing is a holding pattern until the cap rises next year? Is he likely to be re-signed.

Hard to say. I would certainly like them to, but they have a ton of guys to get re-signed;

Ogunjobi
Uzomah
Tupou
Reiff
Spain
Bates
Hill

Reply/Quote
So here is an interesting question about "pass rush win rate". As I understand it a defensive player gets a "win" if he gets past the blocker within 2.5 seconds. I wonder how they scored the plays against the Ravens where the DEs would intentionally hold up on the edge to keep Jackson in the pocket instead of continuing to push upfield to loop around for a sack. Maybe some of our players did not get credited with a "win" on those plays even though they were doing exactly what they were supposed to do.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 06:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hard to say. I would certainly like them to, but they have a ton of guys to get re-signed;

Ogunjobi
Uzomah
Tupou
Reiff
Spain
Bates
Hill

The hell happened there? 0 INT, 0 FF, 0 Pdef... PFR has him as allowing a 117.5 QB Rating in coverage. PFF has him at 62.2 grade, ranked 45th out of 87.

I thought he'd regress a little from his peak of 2020, but I didn't expect this much. Only bright point being that his missed tackle rate has improved a lot.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 08:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The hell happened there? 0 INT, 0 FF, 0 Pdef... PFR has him as allowing a 117.5 QB Rating in coverage. PFF has him at 62.2 grade, ranked 45th out of 87.

I thought he'd regress a little from his peak of 2020, but I didn't expect this much. Only bright point being that his missed tackle rate has improved a lot.

Yeah, I’m kinda glad we didn’t pay him top 2-3 Safety money now. They should be able to get him for a more reasonable price at this point. Unless he completely balls out the 2nd half of the season.

Reply/Quote
I expect they will start working on all the "bet on yourself" 1 year players soon. And Spain, Reiff, Ogunjobi and Hill are likely top of the list. They have a lot of signings to do but will have a lot of cap to play with to do it.
Reply/Quote
Ogunjobi and BJ Hill are only on a one year deal. I wonder if we could extend Hill at a bargain price if we did so now. That would leave more cap room to re-sign Jessie Bates and others.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 06:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hard to say. I would certainly like them to, but they have a ton of guys to get re-signed;

Ogunjobi
Uzomah
Tupou
Reiff
Spain
Bates
Hill

Yeah, I'm guessing Tupou won't cost anything more than he does now. 

Between Ogunjobi and BJ Hill I wonder if we could extend Hill at a bargain price if we did so before the end of the season. That would leave more cap room to re-sign others.

Then too we're currently paying Uzo and Ogunjobi 6 million a year each. We should be able to keep at least one of them, maybe both if the cap rises.

(made some edits to reply to Nicomo's post)

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 06:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hard to say. I would certainly like them to, but they have a ton of guys to get re-signed;

Ogunjobi
Uzomah
Tupou
Reiff
Spain
Bates
Hill

The bolded are the only people I would want back, with an exception to Reiff.

I would WANT Reiff back on the team, but am still in the mentality camp that D'Ante Smith will be our RT, starting next year... or they can draft a RT, but just seeing how they have drafted and signed guys for specific positions, I can't see Smith not starting next year, IMO.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 09:50 AM)Joelist Wrote: I expect they will start working on all the "bet on yourself" 1 year players soon. And Spain, Reiff, Ogunjobi and Hill are likely top of the list. They have a lot of signings to do but will have a lot of cap to play with to do it.

Yeah, these guys need to be back, love seeing BJ Hill with that run stopping rate as he is also a good pass rusher.

Also agree with TLL and Nicomo about Bates. Good thing we didn't pay Bates monster dough before the season as he is not 
having a good year so far, not bad, stats aren't everything but unless he just blows up the 2nd half of the season which could
be completely possible he should be affordable after this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 09:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I’m kinda glad we didn’t pay him top 2-3 Safety money now. They should be able to get him for a more reasonable price at this point. Unless he completely balls out the 2nd half of the season.

(10-28-2021, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, these guys need to be back, love seeing BJ Hill with that run stopping rate as he is also a good pass rusher.

Also agree with TLL and Nicomo about Bates. Good thing we didn't pay Bates monster dough before the season as he is not 
having a good year so far, not bad, stats aren't everything but unless he just blows up the 2nd half of the season which could
be completely possible he should be affordable after this season.
Bates is the key to the defense and will get paid like a top tier safety no matter were he goes next off-season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 08:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So here is an interesting question about "pass rush win rate".  As I understand it a defensive player gets a "win" if he gets past the blocker within 2.5 seconds.  I wonder how they scored the plays against the Ravens where the DEs would intentionally hold up on the edge to keep Jackson in the pocket instead of continuing to push upfield to loop around for a sack.  Maybe some of our players did not get credited with a "win" on those plays even though they were doing exactly what they were supposed to do.

Yeah those parameters don't seem to mean nearly as much as recording a sack. That would explain why Hendrickson is kind of snubbed here even though he seems to be super disruptive this year. Or maybe Hendrickson just runs kind of hot and cold with his hot plays being really impactful. PFF uses metrics that don't grade him as being all that great, but that has to be flawed imo. 
Reply/Quote
Imagine giving a thread like this (merely the sharing of some charts) a one star rating just because you don’t like the OP…

[Image: rent_free.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 03:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I would WANT Reiff back on the team, but am still in the mentality camp that D'Ante Smith will be our RT, starting next year.

Missing on both Ogbuehi and Fisher in the same draft was the knee shot that ended our last successful era.

I may be dreaming, but I also feel that Smith could develop into a solid RT for us.

If we hit on both Carman and Smith from this draft it would be a game changer for our O-line.  It would have as big of a positive impact as '15 was negative.
Reply/Quote