Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DL worth Top 15 selection?
(10-28-2020, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 38 tackles and a pass defended is pretty far from "bad".  

I think it may just be that image of him getting burnt BADLY on that TD pass in the Browns game. He's at least seemed to regress a bit from last year but that could also be a result of the DL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 12:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote: There aren’t any imo.

Rousseau?

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:04 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I think it may just be that image of him getting burnt BADLY on that TD pass in the Browns game. He's at least seemed to regress a bit from last year but that could also be a result of the DL

First or second game?

That first game, the entire D was horrific at every level; I don't think it's fair to judge the guys one 1 bad game.

Don't take it out either, but don't focus on the outlier.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rousseau?

He’s a project. They’re all projects at the top. There is no bosa, or Garrett or young, no refined pass rusher. All the “top dlineman” in this draft are projects who win solely with athletic ability, not with any sort of technique.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rousseau?

The concern with Rousseau is is he a one-year wonder.
He's expected to test off the charts at the Combine (assuming they have it), and some team will take the gamble.
If the Bengals re-sign Lawson such that they don't NEED Rousseau to start right away, I'd be ok with the pick.

I'd feel safer with OL or CB though if the Bengals don't trade back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 38 tackles and a pass defended is pretty far from "bad".  

He's a 3rd round pick who is in just his 2nd year. I don't expect a 3rd round pick to be "good" until Year 3-4.
He's on pace to have over 85 tackles, which would exceed his total from last year.
He's only behind Bynes for LBs, who has 45 tackles.
He has more than double the tackles of Wilson, and more than triple the number of tackles of ADG.

With that said, I wouldn't be mad if the Bengals went with Micah Parsons. Dude looks like a stud.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 05:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's a 3rd round pick who is in just his 2nd year. I don't expect a 3rd round pick to be "good" until Year 3-4.
He's on pace to have over 85 tackles, which would exceed his total from last year.
He's only behind Bynes for LBs, who has 45 tackles.
He has more than double the tackles of Wilson, and more than triple the number of tackles of ADG.

With that said, I wouldn't be mad if the Bengals went with Micah Parsons. Dude looks like a stud.

Yeah, if we draft super high I love this guy - even though I hate passing up on OL.

Still a big believer in the BPA.   We need more play makers - especially on defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:00 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah, if we draft super high I love this guy - even though I hate passing up on OL.

Still a big believer in the BPA.   We need more play makers - especially on defense.

I see Parsons going in the 6-10 range, so I think the Bengals will be right around where he will go.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 09:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I see Parsons going in the 6-10 range, so I think the Bengals will be right around where he will go.

Parsons, Chase, or Surtain if they’re all there when we pick?

*i know they probably won’t be but just curious

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 10:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Parsons, Chase, or Surtain if they’re all there when we pick?

The answer would depend on what they do in FA, but I would put Chase as BPA. I don't think the Bengals need a WR in Rd 1 though.
From a bigger need perspective, I'd go Surtain, especially if WJ3 walks.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 10:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The answer would depend on what they do in FA, but I would put Chase as BPA. I don't think the Bengals need a WR in Rd 1 though.
From a bigger need perspective, I'd go Surtain, especially if WJ3 walks.

I wouldn't pass on Chase if he's the bpa when we pick.  He was as good or better as Jefferson last year and we all see how Jefferson is tearing it up this year. A trio of Chase, Higgins, and Boyd through 2023 makes a lot of other issues a lot more manageable.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 05:13 PM)Synric Wrote: If Kwity Paye continues to play like he did Saturday he could compete against Rousseau as the first Defensive Linemen off the board. 

not sure im ok with a guy named "Kwity"  is going to Quity on us? LOL

Lets change the name to "Makeum Paye"

If he can get after the passer like a Myles Garrett im all in

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 05:13 PM)Synric Wrote: If Kwity Paye continues to play like he did Saturday he could compete against Rousseau as the first Defensive Linemen off the board. 

They had a special on this kid and his family pre-game. Definitely don't think lack of effort will ever be a problem. Now to watch him on the field against Sparty
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 10:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Parsons, Chase, or Surtain if they’re all there when we pick?

Surtain would be the pick in all likelihood.  We will probably lose Jackson to free agency this year and Alexander. So CB will be our biggest need along with Edge especially if Lawson leaves.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 02:26 PM)J24 Wrote: Surtain would be the pick in all likelihood.  We will probably lose Jackson to free agency this year and Alexander. So CB will be our biggest need along with Edge especially if Lawson leaves.

I can see WJIII getting the FT with the year he's been having.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 02:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: I can see WJIII getting the FT with the year he's been having.

It will be between him & Lawson
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Jayson Oweh DE/OLB Penn State is a guy to watch tonight. He's been a dangerous rotational pass rusher until this year and is now starting. He had 4 pressures week 1.

Oweh reminds me of Brian Burns who went to Carolina a couple years ago. He is a perfect fit as an OLB if the Bengals want to run a 34 defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They had a special on this kid and his family pre-game. Definitely don't think lack of effort will ever be a problem. Now to watch him on the field against Sparty

.....meh
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 03:11 PM)J24 Wrote: It will be between him & Lawson

Then they better give it to WJ3.  Lawson is a one-dimensional player.  He's damn near disappeared in the last 2 games.  No way I pay that guy franchise tag money.  
Reply/Quote
Wj3 and bates gets resigned. Then it’s Lawson and hubbard hopefully get resigned as well.
Reply/Quote