Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO we draft a RB?
I'm not sure if I am posting this in right section but o well...

Do we draft a RB if Hill / Gio can't be that #1 back we need to rely on?

Gio is having a great year but he seems more of a receiving back than a #1, but maybe we use him as the #1 or do we wait till next year to see how Hill / Gio do?

Or .. Do we draft another RB to compete with Gio/Hill for #1 RB spot?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 07:21 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I'm not sure if I am posting this in right section but o well...

Gio is having a great year but he seems more of a receiving back than a #1, but maybe we use him as the #1 or do we wait till next year to see how Hill / Gio do?

I am not sure but I would love to have Elliot just because...  I think that would be a solid pick for us just in case one would go down but as far as replacing...  I dont see it happening.. but I would love to have Elliot on the Bengals.. that would just be so cool to me.. I like Henry as well.. I would take him... probably over Elliot!
Reply/Quote
seems like the problem lies in the line, not the backs
Reply/Quote
Gio, Jeremy, Rex, Cedric...

If the BPA is a RB, then we can argue that it is worthwhile, otherwise it would be a waste of a pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We need to fix the interior line more than we need to draft skill players right now. Center has to be a priority.
Reply/Quote
RB is pretty low on my priority list... I'm hoping one of the injured linebackers slides to us (Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith). I want a freak athlete who can hit, and drop into coverage.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 07:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need to fix the interior line more than we need to draft skill players right now. Center has to be a priority.

I think Center is certainly a weakness, I don't see any other position on the line being a real problem.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 07:51 PM)gobobro Wrote: RB is pretty low on my priority list... I'm hoping one of the injured linebackers slides to us (Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith). I want a freak athlete who can hit, and drop into coverage.

Same, I say we draft a LB in 1st, DT in 2nd or 3rd, WR in 3rd or 2nd.. or Center in 2nd or 3rd... RB in 3rd or 4th..

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 07:51 PM)gobobro Wrote: RB is pretty low on my priority list... I'm hoping one of the injured linebackers slides to us (Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith). I want a freak athlete who can hit, and drop into coverage.

^^This. LB has been a major weakness since Marvin Lewis has been head coach. When Rey Maualuga is your best draft pick at LB, that's pretty sad. Vontaze Burfict was an undrafted FA, so that helps. Another solid/good LB would really help with both stopping the run and dealing with TEs.

I was one of those guys happy to see Jaylon Smith get hurt. He might fall to the Bengals. He would be worth the top pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 07:57 PM)TexasorBusted Wrote: ^^This. LB has been a major weakness since Marvin Lewis has been head coach. When Rey Maualuga is your best draft pick at LB, that's pretty sad. Vontaze Burfict was an undrafted FA, so that helps. Another solid/good LB would really help with both stopping the run and dealing with TEs.

I was one of those guys happy to see Jaylon Smith get hurt. He might fall to the Bengals. He would be worth the top pick.

I highly doubt he drops all the way to #32nd pick.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 07:58 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I highly doubt he drops all the way to #32nd pick.

You mean #31. The Patriots forfeited their first round pick in 2016 for Deflate-gate.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 07:57 PM)TexasorBusted Wrote: ^^This. LB has been a major weakness since Marvin Lewis has been head coach. When Rey Maualuga is your best draft pick at LB, that's pretty sad. Vontaze Burfict was an undrafted FA, so that helps. Another solid/good LB would really help with both stopping the run and dealing with TEs.

He's not.

Thurman and Pollack were both better picks.  The fact that their careers were short does not remove them from being the better picks.  Unfortunately they just didn't last.
Reply/Quote
I'd only go RB if it were a steal. We have a couple guys on the PS that could maybe step up if Gio/Jeremy can't get it done.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 08:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He's not.

Thurman and Pollack were both better picks.  The fact that their careers were short does not remove them from being the better picks.  Unfortunately they just didn't last.

I agree with you. But in the end, you have to look at if Thurman and Pollack produced on the field. Their injuries or off the field issues are a package deal when it comes to on the field performance. That's why Rey Maualuga was a better pick.

But if you are looking at if from a "snapshot in time" POV, then you are correct.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 08:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He's not.

If looking back, you had the option to pick Maualuga, Thurman, or Pollack, which would you choose? Maualuga was BY FAR the best pick.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I agree with most of the others in it not being a priority. That being said if an unbelievable talent fell into our laps at our pick, it would be hard to turn down.

Reply/Quote
Terrell Watson looked like a good power back and Gio still looks good. Lets hope Hill flips the switch and we don't have to worry about it.
Reply/Quote
Not at all, the line has failed to open holes this year and neither back has had much room, expect a bounce back from hill next year plus we have burkhead and the 2 backs on the ps
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 07:21 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I'm not sure if I am posting this in right section but o well...

No
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 11:22 PM)Crowe Wrote: Not at all, the line has failed to open holes this year and neither back has had much room, expect a bounce back from hill next year plus we have burkhead and the 2 backs on the ps

Welp it's official...."Hill is gonna go off NEXT week" has finally turned into "Hill is gonna go off NEXT year!"
Reply/Quote