Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton & O-Line Struggle Today
(08-16-2017, 02:25 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If a defense is going to embarrass our o-line then we better be glad it's happening in training camp with our own D. That should give them a heads up that something has to be done other than wishful thinking. But I'll believe it when I see it.

So you think we have the absolute best pass rush in the NFL?

Hint: We don't. There are other teams with similar pass rushes to ours that will destroy our offensive line. This is the same defense that couldn't get pressure on Tampa Bay.

Do we have a Top 10 defense? Potentially.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 03:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you speculate that we're going after all of these big name free agents with large contracts...offering them similar...and they're going elsewhere?

Doubtful.

We sit back and wait until most of the teams exhaust their cap space, then we see who's left and offer 1 year value contracts to them. Knowing that the cap space around the league is dried up...some come here.

Then, we look at guys who are going to be free agents in 1-3 years as there will always be some and say the money is being saved to sign them.

I know they aren't huge aquiring Free agents from other teams but they do offer players good contracts even the ones that walk....as far as we know at least.

All free agency talk is pure speculation who gets offered what we have no idea. As fans we arent privy to that information.

Edit: if I was to speculate. A small market team with no super bowls wins hasn't won a playoff game in what is it 27 years and had been one and done several times over the last few years...probably doesn't attract much attention from outside free agents lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So it's the old participation trophy again. We offer some free agents money. They just don't come here.

Small market doesn't matter in the NFL with revenue sharing.

And the Rams and Browns were horrible last year. I don't see them as a more attractive destination than us. Yet...that's where our best 2 free agents have went.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 03:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So it's the old participation trophy again. We offer some free agents money. They just don't come here.

Small market doesn't matter in the NFL with revenue sharing.

And the Rams and Browns were horrible last year. I don't see them as a more attractive destination than us. Yet...that's where our best 2 free agents have went.

I understand. I'm just trying to point out that not all the money is guaranteed. Alot of it is tied to wins play off wins etc...it make some franchises like Leary and the Broncos more attractive in free agency.

Edit: Also with large market teams it's not just the contract. It's thr bigger endorsement deals. I'm just pointing out its not cut and dry as in we go out and offer this guy a contract and he comes to cincy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 03:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you think we have the absolute best pass rush in the NFL?

Hint: We don't. There are other teams with similar pass rushes to ours that will destroy our offensive line. This is the same defense that couldn't get pressure on Tampa Bay.

Do we have a Top 10 defense? Potentially.

Where exactly did I say we had the best pass rush in the NFL. Good lord read what I wrote before jumping the gun.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 10:56 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This O-line is scary hold your breath every play bad with what they have shown and we all know who the coach is.

Hopefully they improve quickly and the youngsters develop.

If not we had better be shopping for a 4th and 5th string QB.

Andy got sacked 41 times last year and never got hurt.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 06:48 PM)McC Wrote: Andy got sacked 41 times last year and never got hurt.

It's because he has the freaking Sword of Damocles in his pants, man. Except, instead of being perilous to him, it's perilous to any defenders that want to hit him too hard. 

It's all about the threat. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 12:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's because he has the freaking Sword of Damocles in his pants, man. Except, instead of being perilous to him, it's perilous to any defenders that want to hit him too hard. 

It's all about the threat. 

Stop. You're going to get Brad all excited.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 06:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Where exactly did I say we had the best pass rush in the NFL. Good lord read what I wrote before jumping the gun.

Which is my point. People spin our offensive line struggling as just our defense being great at pass rushing. We have 2 great pass rushers on the defensive line...but I wouldn't rank us as a great pass rush team. There are other teams that will be just as good, or better in that area.

The line likely will struggle a lot this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 01:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Stop. You're going to get Brad all excited.
Too late...............
(08-17-2017, 10:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is my point. People spin our offensive line struggling as just our defense being great at pass rushing. We have 2 great pass rushers on the defensive line...but I wouldn't rank us as a great pass rush team. There are other teams that will be just as good, or better in that area.

The struggles from the other day were due to a lot of stunts and blitzes, so maybe Guenther's just on top of his game this season.  

It also can't be understated how much easier a defensive tackle getting pressure like Geno makes the defensive ends' lives, so that can also be considered.

Of course, I could just be trying to put a positive spin on it all and show a bit of hope, but then I also don't think we can underestimate how much easier Mixon being a boss in the backfield will make the linemen's jobs.
Reply/Quote
Is this really an indication how good our Defense is or an how awful our O-Line is.

I say our Defense is average. and our Oline is hot garbage.

Going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnngg season
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 10:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is my point. People spin our offensive line struggling as just our defense being great at pass rushing. We have 2 great pass rushers on the defensive line...but I wouldn't rank us as a great pass rush team. There are other teams that will be just as good, or better in that area.

I think that was his point. Our D-line abusing our O-line is not a good sign..
Reply/Quote