Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton as a backup with salary cut
Would u guys be for Bengals keeping Dalton as a backup if he agreed to take a pay cut? I'd keep him around for 7-8 million to help with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
Nope... Let Andy fly.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm not opposed to it, however the issue is how does Dalton feel about this. I wonder if he holds some resentment about not getting cut heading into FA and now there being no starting jobs left. If he would take the role I'd give it to him, but that would 100% be up to Dalton.
Reply/Quote
U see how much interest hes getting from the outside. Don't think anyone wants to pay him 15 mil as a borderline starting QB. Hes had a solid career, but hes near his end. Maybe hes ok with a backup position for his career moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:05 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Would u guys be for Bengals keeping Dalton as a backup if he agreed to take a pay cut?  I'd keep him around for 7-8 million to help with Burrow.

Yes and Dalton should jump at that because if Joe gets hurts,dalton can win for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:05 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Would u guys be for Bengals keeping Dalton as a backup if he agreed to take a pay cut?  I'd keep him around for 7-8 million to help with Burrow.

I would think that if he'd be willing to take a pay cut to be a backup, it would be to go somewhere else and at least be able to compete to start.  But that's just me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:08 PM)jason Wrote: Nope... Let Andy fly.

[Image: AdmirableUnfoldedCormorant-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just stop.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:20 PM)McC Wrote: I would think that if he'd be willing to take a pay cut to be a backup, it would be to go somewhere else and at least be able to compete to start.  But that's just me.

This.
Reply/Quote
Let him go if he can get a starting gig, he earned that. If he can't get a starting gig, and wants to make the money as a backup, I'm fine with that as well.
Reply/Quote
Andy wants to start. He's not going to do that here. Let him go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: AdmirableUnfoldedCormorant-size_restricted.gif]

That's exactly where I got that phrase...

Also.... I spoke with Andy the other day and he told me that the sound of Zac Taylor's piss hitting the urinal sounds feminine. He's ready to go.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm not opposed to it, however the issue is how does Dalton feel about this. I wonder if he holds some resentment about not getting cut heading into FA and now there being no starting jobs left. If he would take the role I'd give it to him, but that would 100% be up to Dalton.

Same feelings.
If I'm Dalton, I would much rather go be a backup with some other team who was closer to winning a championship if I couldn't be a starter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

If I am the agent for AD, I would tell the Bengals not only will AD never work for them again if this was offered up, but no client I have will work for the Bengals again.

This is not a serious option AD would consider or any starting QB who holds most of the Bengals records for a QB
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If he got a new hair style I'd consider it. I think the Joe Dirt mullet could go a long way for Andy transforming himself into a tougher, more inspirational dude. But I dont think he would want to stay here as a backup.
Reply/Quote
I've been saying this for some time now. I think it's a great idea. I wouldn't sign anyone if I was the Pats. Wait for the draft, see who's out there, THEN if you don't find a QB, dig through the scraps of FA. The Bengals are cutting him anyway if they can't trade him, which they won't be able to do. Why give up a pick if you don't have to?

If I was Andy, I would seriously consider a backup role here at $3 million/yr and just keep my kids in school and family where they are. He could still be traded if somebody goes down during the season.

He could very well be our new Kitna and I think that'd be just great.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I just can't see it.

In sports, it'd have to be the equivalent of being dumped by your wife for a younger, hotter dude, and then having her ask you to stick around and teach him how to take care of her right..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

No.  Andy needs a fresh start and Zac needs to move on from the Marvin era QB and take his chances with Burrow.  Andy's a good guy and I hope he gets another shot at a starting job.  He has done so many wonderful things in Cincinnati, especially for kids with cancer.  
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just can't see it.

In sports, it'd have to be the equivalent of being dumped by your wife for a younger, hotter dude, and then having her ask you to stick around and teach him how to take care of her right..

That’s a great analogy — but Jon Kitna did it.
Reply/Quote