Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton injures ankle
Richard Skinner@Local12Skinny 7m7 minutes ago

#Bengals QB Andy Dalton was hobbling pretty badly in the locker room with that ankle issue...

Hopefully nothing serious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Dude is tough as nails. One thing he doesn't get much credit for. He also got hit in the back so hard in one play I have no idea how he got up from it. Lol. Tough S.O.B.

He still SUCKED today.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:12 PM)Whacked Wrote: Dude is tough as nails. One thing he doesn't get much credit for. He also got hit in the back so hard in one play I have no idea how he got up from it. Lol. Tough S.O.B.

He still SUCKED today.

He didn't suck.  He didn't play great, but both teams did a good job of containing the other's top target, leading to just okay games by both Dalton and Roethlisberger.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:12 PM)Whacked Wrote: Dude is tough as nails. One thing he doesn't get much credit for. He also got hit in the back so hard in one play I have no idea how he got up from it. Lol. Tough S.O.B.

He still SUCKED today.

366 yards, 1 TD, 84.3 rating with no run game (Gio/Hill combined for 16-39-0).

Had a better passer rating than Ben (78.5) and Ben had a much better run game (Steelers RBs had 34-104-0)

He also dealt with 8 drops and constant pressure.

Na, he didn't suck. Once again, he was the only reason we were in the game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
All things considered Dalton didn't do too too bad. You could tell he was limited mobile wise, not that he's ever a speedster. Showed his toughness again after he bounced back up after the late hit where he ate dirt. The drops hurt them more then anything. Mutiple drops lead to 3rd and long along with no run game.
Reply/Quote

He still SUCKED today.

Didn't suck. It was pouring rain, his team dropped EIGHT passes, and his OL sucks.

31-54 is 57.4% completion, which is not good.. but if you take that 8 dropped passes down to a more reasonable 2, suddenly he's at 68.5% completion.

Not to mention one of those "incompletions" was a TD to his TE that was called an incomplete pass.

Dalton was better than Ben today, and he didn't get the benefit of a decent running game and an OL who got to hold as much as they pleased every single play.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
McCarron
68 passer rating
212 yards
3 fumbles
1 TD/1 INT
16 points at home
near comeback that ends with fumble

McCarron is a hero!!!

Dalton
84 passer rating
366 yards
0 fumbles
0 INTs
16 points on the road
near comeback that ends with fumble

Dalton SUUUUCKS!!!

Whatever
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 366 yards, 1 TD, 84.3 rating with no run game (Gio/Hill combined for 16-39-0).

Had a better passer rating than Ben (78.5) and Ben had a much better run game (Steelers RBs had 34-104-0)

He also dealt with 8 drops and constant pressure.

Na, he didn't suck. Once again, he was the only reason we were in the game.

Don't know that I would say much better.

Williams averaged 2.9 YPC, our guys averaged 2.4.

It sucked for both teams, they just kept at it more than we did because they sucked ever slightly less.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals had lots of issues on offense today but one of them was not Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:12 PM)Whacked Wrote: He still SUCKED today.

He took what the steelers gave him. Without a running game, they played deep safeties all game and limited us to throws underneath. Bengals Wrs dropped 8 passes today. So no run game, Wrs dropping passes, he still is driving us to a tying score....and you say he sucked? No wonder your screen name is Whacked.
Reply/Quote
Out gained on the ground practically 3 to 1 by the stoolers.

Bengals O-line = 5 *****
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Don't know that I would say much better.

Williams averaged 2.9 YPC, our guys averaged 2.4.

It sucked for both teams, they just kept at it more than we did because they sucked ever slightly less.

I never said the Steelers were great, but the numbers speak for themselves.

Steelers rushed for over 100 yards and had better YPC. Even if the Steelers weren't getting chunk gains, they ran it more consistently and better. No doubt I'd rather QB the team that rushed for over 100 than the team that had 39.
Reply/Quote
Fellas - I AM a Dalton fan - but I can also step away from the homerism and call it like I see it.

He was laser sharp on some passes and threw horrible floater ducks on many others. I have never seen so many BAD "easy" short pass attempts. He does not know when to flip it softly and lead the receiver. He just doesn't. He is not a touch and feel finesse passer.

He has a ton of positives and I love the guy but let's keep it real. Those stats also are largely padded / inflated by the dink and dunks after 3rd Q (some of which were barely caught as they were thrown so badly)

Then, he has this horrible habit of throwing it on 3rd down to a target that is covered and well-short of the 1ST down. Drives me insane.

He was not even close to his sharpest today.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:32 PM)Whacked Wrote: He was laser sharp on some passes and threw horrible floater ducks on many others. 

So did ben. It was this thing called rain...made the ball a little slippery.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Didn't suck. It was pouring rain, his team dropped EIGHT passes, and his OL sucks.

31-54 is 57.4% completion, which is not good.. but if you take that 8 dropped passes down to a more reasonable 2, suddenly he's at 68.5% completion.

Not to mention one of those "incompletions" was a TD to his TE that was called an incomplete pass.

Dalton was better than Ben today, and he didn't get the benefit of a decent running game and an OL who got to hold as much as they pleased every single play.

Good points.

They have to get the running game addressed and fixed. They're averaging 51.5 yards per game so far. That's not going to get it done. Andy can't throw for 360+ every game. They have to develop some damn balance so that Andy doesn't get killed out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They have to get the running game addressed and fixed. 

They fixed the sack problem this past week in practice. This coming week they'll fix the run blocking.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: They fixed the sack problem this past week in practice. This coming week they'll fix the run blocking.

When are they going to fix the Piano man by FIRING him for not having his OLINE ready for the season?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:38 PM)bengals73 Wrote: When are they going to fix the Piano man by FIRING him for not having his OLINE ready for the season?

Ogbuehi was hurt all preseason...and all last season for that matter. These are the first game action plays he's getting. Have patience, they'll gel. This was a good unit last season. They didn't just suddenly get bad. They have a rookie starter now and there will be mistakes. But it will get better.
Reply/Quote
When exactly did Dalton get shaken up? I didn't feel like we generated any pressure all day. We mostly just rushed 3. Poorly. Just a gutsy performance from our guys today. Dalton is really hurting without Eifert.
Reply/Quote

He still SUCKED today.

He didn't suck with 366 yards and 0 INTs, but the 0-3 in the redzone and 0-1 in goal to go were lost opportunities. Not all on Dalton. If our running game was on (and I don't presume to know why the f they can't get any push) our red zone efficiency would be much better.

The defense did a good job in taking Brown out of the game and limiting Rothlesburger to 19 completions on 37 attempts (51%). Two picks by our corners was nice.

Once again the defensive game plan was to clamp down on their leading receiver and take chances with everyone else.

Dalton threw 54 times. That's too many, way too many. If he has to throw that much every game we're going to have trouble closing games out. It says the coaching staff knows we can freakin' run the ball, otherwise they'd run the ball more. Only 16 rushes by RBs. That's not enough for one RB let alone two. Can't really expect Hill to get into a rhythm with only 11 carries. Both RBs averaged over 10 yards per catch though.

Reply/Quote