Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton out of cast, not throwing (yet) - stay tuned...
Thanks for the update Jim.

It would be nice if Andy could make it back 100% by Sat. But I really doubt it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess we'll find out Saturday night.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:43 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Dan Hoard tweeted that it was a left-handed throw.

They took his cast off so he could throw left handed? Something is wrong in this report. Doesn't make sense. If he can't throw right handed he might as well just be doing drills on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
I have personally not seen where Marvin ruled Andy out. Until that happens, there is a chance he will get the start on Saturday. For everyone that says "no way he plays", "he won't have strength in his hand", I have yet to see one of them say "I am a Doctor". Dalton has received, and will continue to receive, the best treatment available. So until he or the team says "no", there is a chance he will be ready to go.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:59 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have personally not seen where Marvin ruled Andy out.  Until that happens, there is a chance he will get the start on Saturday.  For everyone that says "no way he plays", "he won't have strength in his hand", I have yet to see one of them say "I am a Doctor".  Dalton has received, and will continue to receive, the best treatment available.  So until he or the team says "no", there is a chance he will be ready to go.

He will come in, throw for 350 yards and 3TDs but we will lose and it will all be his fault ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:43 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Dan Hoard tweeted that it was a left-handed throw.

Use your left hand...it feels like somebody else.
Reply/Quote

Nice to see Dalton worked on his Gus Frerotte impression.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Nice to see Dalton worked on his Gus Frerotte impression.

Sadly, Frerotte was the first thing I thought of when they said Andy threw left-handed.  Facepalm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Nice to see Dalton worked on his Gus Frerotte impression.

That idiot! He head butted a goal post? Isn't a fractured thumb bad enough???
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sadly, Frerotte was the first thing I thought of when they said Andy threw left-handed.  Facepalm

Gus Frerotte and left hand will always go together for us Bengals fans.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sadly, Frerotte was the first thing I thought of when they said Andy threw left-handed.  Facepalm

Bridgewater made a left handed throw Monday night inside his won 20.  It was picked off.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:33 PM)McC Wrote: Bridgewater made a left handed throw Monday night inside his won 20.  It was picked off.

Perhaps he should've talked to former Vikings QB Gus Frerotte before making that decision. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals.com article made it clear the left handed throw was Andy playing with the press.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Bengals.com article made it clear the left handed throw was Andy playing with the press.

Was it a completion???   Can he do this Saturday?  Dead Serious..... can he throw left handed??  I can't write left handed but I can eat left handed!!  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:58 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Was it a completion???   Can he do this Saturday?  Dead Serious..... can he throw left handed??  I can't write left handed but I can eat left handed!!  

I can do almost everything with either hand, except throw a football.
Reply/Quote
Andy talks in the locker room (video)

The lady reporter asked Andy if he could thumb wrestle. LOL
Reply/Quote
I hope all this AD "will he play" stuff isn't getting into the head of AJM. He needs the teams total support and focus right now.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Andy talks in the locker room (video)

The lady reporter asked Andy if he could thumb wrestle. LOL

Reading between the lines, I have never seen Andy so down before. You can just tell he is really bummed.

Reply/Quote
Alright. I'm headed over to Moerlein Lager House where we'll have Tyler Eifert on Beyond the Stripes -- but a quick update (and the original link is updated, too) ... Yes, they clearly playing to the cameras with the left handed stuff in the literal minute before they kicked all the TV and still cameras out of PBS.

No - Marvin Lewis has not "officially" named McCarron the starter or "officially" ruled Dalton out. But in the story he wanders to that line by saying they're preparing AJ to start, and that's unlikely to change. He's not sure if Andy can suit up. The team isn't sure about that, either.

Right now, McCarron will likely start. The question is whether Andy can be active and able to back up if McCarron is hurt during the game.

Off the show. Thanks for reading and sharing.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:44 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Alright. I'm headed over to Moerlein Lager House where we'll have Tyler Eifert on Beyond the Stripes -- but a quick update (and the original link is updated, too) ... Yes, they clearly playing to the cameras with the left handed stuff in the literal minute before they kicked all the TV and still cameras out of PBS.

No - Marvin Lewis has not "officially" named McCarron the starter or "officially" ruled Dalton out. But in the story he wanders to that line by saying they're preparing AJ to start, and that's unlikely to change. He's not sure if Andy can suit up. The team isn't sure about that, either.

Right now, McCarron will likely start. The question is whether Andy can be active and able to back up if McCarron is hurt during the game.

Off the show. Thanks for reading and sharing.

Thanks for the updates Jim!
Reply/Quote