Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton out of cast, not throwing (yet) - stay tuned...
(01-05-2016, 07:43 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Reading between the lines, I have never seen Andy so down before. You can just tell he is really bummed.

It's a tough situation for him. This is without a doubt the best season of his career and I think he was prepared to get a playoff win and then some. Then he injuries his thumb on a tackle. It's just rotten luck especially when he hasn't hardly been injured in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:36 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I hope all this AD "will he play" stuff isn't getting into the head of AJM. He needs the teams total support and focus right now.

From the article Jim O posted in this thread:

Quote:As for McCarron, he brushed off any thought that Dalton's progress would distract his preparation.

"I can't worry about things I can't control," McCarron said. "All I know is: Focus on what I need to focus on. Andy's like a big brother to me so I wish him nothing but the best and a fast recovery, but at the same time my mindset is this is my offense right now and I've got to take it and go win."
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:47 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's a tough situation for him. This is without a doubt the best season of his career and I think he was prepared to get a playoff win and then some. Then he injuries his thumb on a tackle. It's just rotten luck especially when he hasn't hardly been injured in the NFL.
Agree. Sucks really bad.
(01-05-2016, 07:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: From the article Jim O posted in this thread:
Right. But again, maybe I am reading between the lines a little too much. Sure AJ is saying these things but is the team making him feel these things. I believe both of us have suggested that Marvin is keeping things close to perhaps try and confuse Pitt, but at the same time is he confusing his own QB as well?  We don't know the answer to that.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:07 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Agree. Sucks really bad.
Right. But again, maybe I am reading between the lines a little too much. Sure AJ is saying these things but is the team making him feel these things. I believe both of us have suggested that Marvin is keeping things close to perhaps try and confuse Pitt, but at the same time is he confusing his own QB as well?  We don't know the answer to that.

None of us know, but for whatever reason I believe what McCarron says. I think he's 100% focused and running with this opportunity.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Marvin has told AJM and Dalton the truth about what's going on and they're asked to respond to the media in a certain way.

And yeah, it stinks for Dalton to not get his chance to win. He's in a no-win situation unless he comes back and wins a playoff game after AJM, maybe that's enough motivation for him. It would be nice to win the superbowl this year, but the only acceptable vengeance I see for the Bengals is AJM beats the steelers and Dalton comes back and wins the next game (at the minimum).

How effective is a non-100%/rusty dalton vs AJM at that point, nobody has an idea. To be in that position would be great, though (does Dalton come back or not after AJM wins).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:15 PM)Beaker Wrote: Use your left hand...it feels like somebody else.

I'm left-handed.  Nervous

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 09:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm left-handed.  Nervous

well sit on it till it goes numb Nervous
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:07 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Agree. Sucks really bad.

I think i know the answer to your question.. the answer is AJM is the backup QB who is starting now.. if Dalton is cleared and given the go on Saturday.. AJM takes his role that he was assigned before Dalton got hurt, his backup.  

This situation is not like hey you are the starter unless you screw up.. it is hey you are the starter until Andy is ready to play.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:40 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: ...He's in a no-win situation unless he comes back and wins a playoff game after AJM, maybe that's enough motivation for him. It would be nice to win the superbowl this year, but the only acceptable vengeance I see for the Bengals is AJM beats the steelers and Dalton comes back and wins the next game (at the minimum)...

Anything less than AFC Championship Game, and this year is a disappointment.
In fact, if we lose this first game (and we really shouldn't), then Marvin Lewis just has to go.  I see this game as being for Marvin to keep his job, and I do hope Marvin sees it that way also.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Without Dalton this game will be tough to win.. to act like that is not a setback is just wrong.. I still think we can win but losing our MVP QB is a big hurdle.. If Ben was not playing this game, what effect would that have on the Steelers ??  

I still think we can compete and win but to say not making it to AFC Championship Game without maybe your starting QB would be disappointing year,, i say no way.. If you told me at beginning of year, that Andy Dalton was having a MVP type year but got hurt and we still finished 12-4 with a division title and then went out and defeated the Steelers in the playoffs , I would say hell yes and count that as a very good year.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we'll fully know Dalton's status until Thursday's practice report.

Remember. This is a team that had Burfict fully participate for the first time on Thursday, only for him to play Sunday (against the Steelers nonetheless)
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
That is not the sound of sadness in Andy's voice.

That is the sound of fear. Fear that everything he has worked for over the past few years might be taken away from him just as he has put up his best season ever.

Part of him worries that McCarron will win this game and he will be in a no-win situation personally. The other part wants the team to win because this is his team too.

I feel bad for the guy, and despite being an admitted AJ fan, I would rather see Andy start this game.

He deserves it.

It makes me wonder what he has seen in practices and around the facilities that would lead him to have that look in his eyes.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:44 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Alright. I'm headed over to Moerlein Lager House where we'll have Tyler Eifert on Beyond the Stripes -- but a quick update (and the original link is updated, too) ... Yes, they clearly playing to the cameras with the left handed stuff in the literal minute before they kicked all the TV and still cameras out of PBS.

No - Marvin Lewis has not "officially" named McCarron the starter or "officially" ruled Dalton out. But in the story he wanders to that line by saying they're preparing AJ to start, and that's unlikely to change. He's not sure if Andy can suit up. The team isn't sure about that, either.

Right now, McCarron will likely start. The question is whether Andy can be active and able to back up if McCarron is hurt during the game.

Off the show. Thanks for reading and sharing.

Regardless of the left-handed throw for the cameras, the fact that he took a snap under center after just getting the cast off the day before is shocking to me.  I've had casts removed and the area underneath is sensitive for a while.  I figured if he did come back it would be out of the gun only due to the impact of the center exchange.  This shocks me more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:39 AM)BigSeph Wrote: That is not the sound of sadness in Andy's voice.

That is the sound of fear.  Fear that everything he has worked for over the past few years might be taken away from him just as he has put up his best season ever.

Part of him worries that McCarron will win this game and he will be in a no-win situation personally.  The other part wants the team to win because this is his team too.

I feel bad for the guy, and despite being an admitted AJ fan, I would rather see Andy start this game.

He deserves it.

It makes me wonder what he has seen in practices and around the facilities that would lead him to have that look in his eyes.

There wasn't any fear or sadness there. Andy was being Andy and focusing on the immediate situation. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:32 AM)Joelist Wrote: There wasn't any fear or sadness there. Andy was being Andy and focusing on the immediate situation. 

This is how I read it as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:39 AM)BigSeph Wrote: That is not the sound of sadness in Andy's voice.

That is the sound of fear.  Fear that everything he has worked for over the past few years might be taken away from him just as he has put up his best season ever.

Part of him worries that McCarron will win this game and he will be in a no-win situation personally.  The other part wants the team to win because this is his team too.

He deserves it.

Nothing more than what we've seen in TC videos and on the field? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:32 AM)Joelist Wrote: There wasn't any fear or sadness there. Andy was being Andy and focusing on the immediate situation. 

(01-06-2016, 12:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is how I read it as well.

x3

People hear what they want to hear.  This reminds me of all the threads about how people knew Green wanted out of Cincy based on the look in his eyes.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:34 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Regardless of the left-handed throw for the cameras, the fact that he took a snap under center after just getting the cast off the day before is shocking to me.  I've had casts removed and the area underneath is sensitive for a while.  I figured if he did come back it would be out of the gun only due to the impact of the center exchange.  This shocks me more than anything.

Dude's pretty tough though.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:34 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Regardless of the left-handed throw for the cameras, the fact that he took a snap under center after just getting the cast off the day before is shocking to me.  I've had casts removed and the area underneath is sensitive for a while.  I figured if he did come back it would be out of the gun only due to the impact of the center exchange.  This shocks me more than anything.

No offense, but I doubt you received the level of care that Dalton has.  The guy has been receiving multiple treatments per day to cause the bone to regenerate and heal quicker.

To anyone talking about fear or sadness in Andy.  I am sure that he wants to be out there playing, as would anyone, but he is a team guy. First and foremost he wants the team to be successful.  Have you watched his reactions on the sidelines when McCarron is successful?
Reply/Quote
Dalton downgraded. Not dressing, or limited. In sweats on sideline today.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote