Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton pelted by fans as he left the field
(09-11-2017, 03:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I hope whoever throws that gets caught and pressed charges.  That should not be a reflection of cincinnati.  I hope losers like that just stay home, no place anywhere anytime to act like an animal.

I think they should give these fans a tour of the lockerroom when the players get down with practice.....
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think they should give these fans a tour of the lockerroom when the players get down with practice.....

Lol, I'm sure they would think twice before throwing objects at players in the future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Blame anyone you want Dalton blew ass. ALOT of QBs play behind bad lines and are not nearly that bad. Now I still think he's a good qb and our qb for a while and doesnt deserve a lot of the criticism he gets but he deserved the booes. Not the Carson chanting and hat throw tho.
Reply/Quote
Looking at the big picture I don't believe Dalton  is the problem as much as Marv. 

Marvin has had every chance in the world to take the next step and he can't.

New players

New coordinators

Same results
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:09 PM)Benton Wrote: Nope, but generally QBs get the blame. The opposite is true, too, when a QB gets some unearned praise for winning when, generally, it boils down to the team. 

Brady is a perfect example. He's going to go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time. Would he have had as stellar a career if he hadn't been on some of the most well balanced teams of the last 20 years? Probably not in today's NFL.

Andy didn't deserve that.

And he took it all on himself saying it starts with him.

I am proud of the guy, hope he turns it around. This was tough on everybody but man it would suck to be him after that.

You are correct, Andy didn't deserve that.

(09-11-2017, 03:11 PM)jason Wrote: Even if it is, you don't throw shit.

No doubt Jason, no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Fans largely justified losing in the 1st Round of the playoffs 5 years in a row with the rationalization that we were building something that would be a perpetual contender. Reality is hitting them that it isn't reality anymore.

We've backslid to the middle of the pack.

Yep. From 2011 to whatever day Andy broke his thumb in 2015, this team was on an upward trajectory. I don't feel that anymore. This team has been great about bouncing back from bad losses. Lose to the Brown's? Beat the Patriots the next week. Get smashed by the Brown's on TNF? Beat the Saints in New Orleans. We'll see what happens Thursday. It doesn't feel good though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Which we then throw at players or on their lawn. Mellow

Damn, I'm impressed. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to lift the trash that is a steeler fan to throw on someone's lawn. They are always so damn fat...  Mellow Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The players need a better offensive coordinator and a head coach. 

Really though, I think the team needs gutted and start fresh again, because I think the team is several years away from competing again.
Reply/Quote
Is it safe to say yet Bengals have one of the "worst" fanbases in the NFL? First opening game at home in ages, and couldn't even sell out. Shy of 10k seats or something near there? Pretty pathetic to be honest. Then at the end of said game, some brainless fans throw stuff at the QB.

Now by saying "worst", I do not mean that as a slight at the many loyal Bengal fans there are. It's one of the worst because it is the direct result of Mike Brown owning this team for half of it's existence. I honestly cant wait for the day he is no longer owner, as that day cant come soon enough. And if his kids are as bad as he is, then I will be done with this franchise.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
In all seriousness, if the fans want to throw things at the people who should be getting blamed for this, all they have to do is wait for Marvin to walk under them...he'd just giggle about it anyways, or they could test their arm and turn and start tossing trash into Mike's private box.

Dalton played like trash yesterday, but 1 shit game is not the reason for 20 plus years of futility.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
People in any venue that throw stuff should be banned for life from said venue...caught and charged as well! Zero tolerance for that kind of behavior!
Reply/Quote
Open tryouts on Wednesday for anyone that threw something at Andy and hit the target.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dalton took a super team-friendly deal and Mike Brown repays the loyalty by crying that he's too poor to give Dalton a o-line that won't truncate his career. Bonus in the fact that fans throw crap at him and pine for the latest QB we had who couldn't stand the "Bengal way" any longer.

I said this years ago...if Dalton manages to leave Cincinnati on anything but god-awful terms he will be the first of Mikey's franchise QBs to do so. I like Dalton enough and it's safe to say we are doomed with or without him that I wish he were in Tom Savage's spot. How long is his contract? Maybe he reunites with Gruden in Washington when Cousins gets $250 million to play for the 49ers and we can run someone new out of town.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-andy-dalton-gets-pelted-by-bengals-fan-as-he-walks-off-the-field-after-loss/

It's almost like we're following the same script as 10 years ago.

1. Find good QB/WR
2. Have some success, but disappoint overall
3. Let the line fall apart
4. Blame the QB, treat him and his family like shit, move on from said QB
5. Reboot time

Fans were yelling "we miss Carson" at Dalton, which was ironic for two reasons. One, Palmer was just as bad on Sunday and two, fans wanted to run Palmer off 7 years ago.

We've been following the same script for 26 years. 

Anybody who's been through the Marvin Lewis experience and still thinks the QB is the problem on his teams ????

It's the incompetent personnel decisions by Owner/GM, inept coaching, total lack of accountability on team, you could go on and on to fill volumes !

Did Dalton stink Sunday ? Yes he did

Is changing QB's gonna fix this team ? No it's not

Anybody who threw stuff at Dalton Sunday is a clueless @#$% #%^$
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We've been following the same script for 26 years. 

Anybody who's been through the Marvin Lewis experience and still thinks the QB is the problem on his teams ????

It's the incompetent personnel decisions by Owner/GM, inept coaching, total lack of accountability on team, you could go on and on to fill volumes !

Did Dalton stink Sunday ? Yes he did

Is changing QB's gonna fix this team ? No it's not

Anybody who threw stuff at Dalton Sunday is a clueless @#$% #%^$

Seriously. I'm not big on the few sorry ass drunks that decide throwing shit at a complete stranger is a good idea. I didn't like it when they did it to Ben, and I certainly don't like it happening to Dalton. What an empty ****** llife these douchebags have to get that worked up over a football game. The sad part is they are probably just assholes in general, and weren't even upset... Just a good excuse to demonstrate how much they suck at life.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
As if we didn't have enough to be embarrassed about as Bengals fans right now...

Reply/Quote
Stay classy boys. I was as mad as ever after that performance yesterday but throwing shit isnt acceptable at all
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It isn't just Andy's fault, damn.

Somebody call Marvin, we've finally got our 2017 team slogan.

[Image: 83929778_81.jpg?w=1&h=594&crop=1]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: 3.....Paul Alexander.... :paul:

AS to the OP, that's Bush League......some of these fans don't deserve to have football in Cincy.....gripes with the team, notwithstanding.  That's bullshit.

Fans have the right to boo.  Andy deserved to be booed if any one felt so inclined.  No one should throw anything on the field.

Then again maybe it was intended for Marvin and Andy wanted to know what it felt like to get an interception ?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Open tryouts on Wednesday for anyone that threw something at Andy and hit the target.

I see Greg Kinnear playing Dick Vermeil.

PS: I bet I misspelled both if their names.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote