Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton ranked 35 in Top 100
So I didn't see this posted and if it is, I apologize, feel free to merge it if that's the case. Anyway Dalton came in at #35 today on the Top 100 players in the NFL. I think that's a fairly solid ranking for him. Especially for it being his first time on the list. I read on NFL.com that 15 QBs are on the list this year and that 7 were below Dalton with 7 above him, putting him smack dab in the middle, or the 8th best QB in the NFL(according to the players). What are your thoughts on this? Is Andy too high? Too low? Is this the perfect spot for him? Are there really 7 QBs better than him? 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Higher than I expected. His peers are taking notice.

Reply/Quote
Definitely a lot higher than I expected.

I guess players noticed how good he was last year pre-injury.

I guess, if I didn't know the kind of hate our franchise gets, I wouldn't be surprised because he was arguably the best QB in the league last season prior to his injury, but it still surprises me that other players are noticing it, too.

I guess this franchise has given me something similar to battered wife syndrome where I think that we deserve any hate we get.
Reply/Quote
Congrats Andy. Looking forward to see another big year
Reply/Quote
It is his first time over in the countdown BTW!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
I think when it comes to QBs, that's where I would rank him.

However, I don't think there's 7 QBs that are in the top 30 of being the best players.

Sure. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, and Ben are all playing at high levels.

But people just over value the QB position.

There's still Sherman, AP, Doug Martin, Gurley, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, OBJ, Allen Robinson(think he was under ranked), Watt, Bowman, Mack, Ansah, Atkins, Miller, Donald, Cox, Patrick Peterson, you get the idea.

And then there's players that have been named already that are better than some QBs as well.

But, that's the league we live in now. QBs get the praise and they get the criticism.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 01:23 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Higher than I expected. His peers are taking notice.

Nice to see him get the recognition he deserves for all his hard work.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You know how good your QB is when players who've come from other great QB teams are impressed. Last year it was AJ Hawk telling Lapham how much better Dalton was than he expected, and this year it's Lafell who says Dalton is better than advertised. These guys have seen and played with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady so that is saying something. We are set at QB for a long time.

And to think some people were ticked about his long term deal. Crazy.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 01:16 AM)Bryan Wrote: So I didn't see this posted and if it is, I apologize, feel free to merge it if that's the case. Anyway Dalton came in at #35 today on the Top 100 players in the NFL. I think that's a fairly solid ranking for him. Especially for it being his first time on the list. I read on NFL.com that 15 QBs are on the list this year and that 7 were below Dalton with 7 above him, putting him smack dab in the middle, or the 8th best QB in the NFL(according to the players). What are your thoughts on this? Is Andy too high? Too low? Is this the perfect spot for him? Are there really 7 QBs better than him? 

there were not 7 that played better than him last year.... that's for sure...
Reply/Quote
Dalton is ranked #1 in my heart. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 10:17 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: You know how good your QB is when players who've come from other great QB teams are impressed.  Last year it was AJ Hawk telling Lapham how much better Dalton was than he expected, and this year it's Lafell who says Dalton is better than advertised.  These guys have seen and played with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady so that is saying something.  We are set at QB for a long time.

And to think some people were ticked about his long term deal.  Crazy.

Daddy-O, nice post man.

It does say something when Hawk and Lafell are surprised by how good Dalton is with those guys being their prior QB's
that they watched pretty much every day. Those are two of the best QB's of all frickin' time.

To the OP i agree with the people that say this is higher than i expected but right around where i would rank him.

The players seem to know better than if this was an NFL.com poll or something, that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 04:45 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think when it comes to QBs, that's where I would rank him.

However, I don't think there's 7 QBs that are in the top 30 of being the best players.

Sure. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, and Ben are all playing at high levels.

But people just over value the QB position.

There's still Sherman, AP, Doug Martin, Gurley, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, OBJ, Allen Robinson(think he was under ranked), Watt, Bowman, Mack, Ansah, Atkins, Miller, Donald, Cox, Patrick Peterson, you get the idea.

And then there's players that have been named already that are better than some QBs as well.

But, that's the league we live in now. QBs get the praise and they get the criticism.

I get where you're coming from, I think. Someone like Richard Sherman is better at his position than Dalton is at his. That said, if you swap them for a year, I think the Bengals would clearly lose more games.

Good QBs are more important than any other position. That's why the 8th best QB might be ranked ahead of the 2nd best CB etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
McCarrron must be 34
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get where you're coming from, I think. Someone like Richard Sherman is better at his position than Dalton is at his. That said, if you swap them for a year, I think the Bengals would clearly lose more games.

Good QBs are more important than any other position. That's why the 8th best QB might be ranked ahead of the 2nd best CB etc.

I was going moreso as the better overall player, ya know?

Like Sherman is a better overall player than Dalton. QBs can win and lose games, no question. Their position is the most praised and criticized. However,  there are better overall players than a lot of QBs.

Lists like this just make it fun to speculate. But I'd put Dalton right in that top 7-9 spot with QBs. Needs to show that he can remain consistent
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
If AD has another season like last year or better his ranking will go up..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I was a little surprised at how high up he was ranked.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Yet there are still comments like "He isn't even the best QB on the Bengals!"

How are people so damn blind to how successful Andy has been lol, I don't get it.
Reply/Quote
Congrats Andy, well deserved
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 04:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: If AD has another season like last year or better his ranking will go up..

Yeah and he might actually then be worth the contract he signed.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 07:56 PM)Lewdog Wrote: Yeah and he might actually then be worth the contract he signed.

lol the Bengals probably have the best post rookie QB contract.
Reply/Quote