Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton's Showing Fire In Camp! (And 4 Other Camp Notes)
CincyJungle had five notes from day 10 of training camp, which was a joint practice with the Giants.

Bodine had a bad snap on the second play of 11-on-11, and Andy got fired-up towards him:

Quote:"We can't have that!The snap is first thing we got to put away!"

I absolutely LOVE that because he's taking control and being a leader, and having everyone in check on the field and following him will only bring positive results.

Then, Bodine messed up another snap right after that and Andy got fired-up again, which is something that Hue wanted from Andy.

It's huge because the team will respond to his enthusiasm, passion, and demand for perfection, so it has me VERY happy.

Other notes include Mario Alford, the seventh round pick out of West Virginia, working his tail off and looking better than everyone that's not named AJ:

Quote:He was one of the stars of Saturday's mock scrimmage, and he parlayed that into another strong showing Monday afternoon. Alford has already made it clear he's ready to work his tail off just to earn a spot on the 53-man roster. His actions in practice have reflected that, and if the final roster were made today, he'd be on it.

It mentions how Andy's meshing well with the tight ends, which, if the short time before Eifert was hurt last season is any indication, I'm pumped by this news because our tight ends could make our offense scary good:

Quote:However, all three have played well throughout camp, and that continued today with Eifert and Kroft having good showings. Dalton has made sure both guys stay involved in the offense throughout camp

There's a video of him hitting Eifert with a very pretty deep ball. I love even more that it was against the Giants' D.

I'm just praying that we see two-tight end sets more often than not.

Last two notes are Marvin Jones is looking good and that McCharron was held out of practice but should be fine.
Reply/Quote
His fire is taken seriously.

http://www.bigplay.com/dalton-delivers-pathetic-pep-talk-fans-respond/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24935247/all-andy-dalton-wants-to-do-is-have-some-fun-vs-colts

From what ive seen, When he speaks, people laugh and the bengals lose. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 10:29 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: His fire is taken seriously.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24935247/all-andy-dalton-wants-to-do-is-have-some-fun-vs-colts

Is that from this training camp and does it speak to have any impact on anything I posted?

No?  

Good post  ThumbsUp

Andy's being a leader and he'll lead us where we need to go, which is deep in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 10:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Is that from this training camp and does it speak to have any impact on anything I posted?

No?  

Good post  ThumbsUp

Andy's being a leader and he'll lead us where we need to go, which is deep in the playoffs.

Andy Dalton does not even swear, and he wears a rubber wedding ring. Nuff said. No one respects him.
Reply/Quote

Sadly, when I read the quote I couldn't help but think of the tnf pep talk thing.  However, I'm not sure what people expect out of Dalton in terms of giving speeches.  The guy is uber-religious so he isn't going to drop a bunch of f-bombs or what have you, he doesn't have a booming voice so he isn't going to intimidate people with his words, and he has a clean cut look about him that likewise is not very intimidating.

All I can really hope for is that his teammates respect and trust him enough to be able to play full speed on the field without worrying about what pep talk he's going to give.  I mean, these guys are grown men fighting for their professional lives... Do they really need to be pumped up to play the game?
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 11:00 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: Sadly, when I read the quote I couldn't help but think of the tnf pep talk thing.  However, I'm not sure what people expect out of Dalton in terms of giving speeches.  The guy is uber-religious so he isn't going to drop a bunch of f-bombs or what have you, he doesn't have a booming voice so he isn't going to intimidate people with his words, and he has a clean cut look about him that likewise is not very intimidating.

All I can really hope for is that his teammates respect and trust him enough to be able to play full speed on the field without worrying about what pep talk he's going to give.  I mean, these guys are grown men fighting for their professional lives... Do they really need to be pumped up to play the game?

Yeah his high pitched, annoying tone does not inspire. I just don't understand why Dalton gives these pathetic, cringe worthy, speeches when players like Whit are there.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 11:07 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Yeah  his high pitched, annoying tone does not inspire.  I just don't understand why Dalton gives these pathetic, cringe worthy,  speeches when players like Whit are there.

He shouldn't have to inspire.  If you have a chance to play at the NFL level you should have all the motivation you are ever going to need.  Part of the thing with Dalton is he has developed a rep for not showing up in big games, part of which is deserved, and so people (including some Bengals fans) don't take him seriously.

If Dalton wins in the playoffs and shows up consistently, it won't matter what he sounds like.  For now people just like to hate on him.  I'm sure there have been plenty of deep voiced dudes who cursed like sailors and gave great speeches who never even sniffed the amount of success Andy has enjoyed so far.  It really is a non-issue IMO.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 11:00 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: Sadly, when I read the quote I couldn't help but think of the tnf pep talk thing.  However, I'm not sure what people expect out of Dalton in terms of giving speeches.  The guy is uber-religious so he isn't going to drop a bunch of f-bombs or what have you, he doesn't have a booming voice so he isn't going to intimidate people with his words, and he has a clean cut look about him that likewise is not very intimidating.

Agreed.  If screaming and dropping F-bombs made a leader then the Bengals should have declared me the starting QB while I was trying to get the stupid dryer to work and not blow a fuse earlier today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

That TNF pep talk is still just....awful.

He sounds like a teenager trying to convince a girl to have sex with him. The stuttering sets my teeth on edge.
Reply/Quote
[Image: image001xn.gif]
Reply/Quote
Great to hear, also I am tired of the Dalton haters, I think Dalton will have a breakout year this season
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Amidst all the ridiculousness that has jumped into this post, I agree with the OP to an extent.

Today on the training camp recap video I saw a replay where Bodine snapped the ball SUPER high and Andy didn't even finish the play he just turned around and ripped into Bodine. personally I liked it.

At the same time, Hue needs to rip into Andy as well at times, so lets see if that happens too.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 10:29 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: From what ive seen, When he speaks, people laugh and the bengals lose. Rock On

Reply/Quote
I really don't care if he yelled at bodine or not. My bigger concern is why is our center is still effing up snaps? Get it together Russell. Also think its funny that people think we lost the Cleveland and Colts playoff because of a speech.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 12:45 AM)J24 Wrote: Also think its funny that people think we lost the Cleveland and Colts playoff because of a speech.

I certainly don't think that. I just find his speeches amusing.

Moreover, I think the idea that Dalton hollering at guys will make a big impact is silly. These are grown men and professionals. If they aren't sufficiently motivated already, having Red act as cheerleader and enforcer is not going to help. We don't have a motivation problem anyway.
Reply/Quote
Look at the bright side, at least Bodine didn't haul off and break Andy's jaw.
Reply/Quote
WOW! This turn into a negative circle jerk real fast, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
The Dalton speech and/or that nonsense during the Colts game is cringingly bad, but I don't really spend my time looking at every little thing I can erroneously attribute to "leadership" (or a lack thereof) like some people do.

Andy yelled = fiery leadership
Andy didn't yell = calm in the storm leadership
Andy pointed fingers and got in people's faces when they screwed up = holding people accountable leadership
Andy took the blame and said it was all on him = holding himself accountable leadership

Carson yelled = no control over the team, ie no leadership
Carson didn't yell = doesn't care, no leadership
Carson played golf and threw footballs at garbage cans 12 years ago = no leadership

Leadership is what you want it to be and a lack of leadership is just as arbitrary on this message board...it's downright wacky. People who want to say a QB exhibits leadership could watch him stand on the sidelines and play with himself and convince themselves that shows he is such a total leader that he can literally wank off during a game and his team will still support him. My god, he's such a leader!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 12:33 AM)Trademark Wrote: Great to hear, also I am tired of the Dalton haters, I think Dalton will have a breakout year this season

Pretty sure he's already had a breakout year - you know... Like when he shattered pretty much all the bengals single season passing records
Reply/Quote
In other news . . . apart from Opie's ranting at Jethro . . . Super Mario is showing why he and Marvin Jones and AJ, on top of the Twin Tylers, should make life for J.Hill and Gio much easier. If Dalton can't win with these skill players ...
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote