Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton's Showing Fire In Camp! (And 4 Other Camp Notes)
(08-12-2015, 01:08 AM)Joe Pong Wrote: Pretty sure he's already had a breakout year - you know... Like when he shattered pretty much all the bengals single season passing records

I'm not sure I'd call one more TD in 70+ more attempts "shattering" but hey, let's be positive right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Drew Brees jumped around like an idiot every game last year.

Didn't help him lead that team last year.

At the end of the day there is no ONE way to do the leadership deal.

There are examples of angry fiery guys doing well....

And nice coaches doing well.............

Then you have Bellicheck..... all he needs is a look.

The judgement of leadership from outside by fans is hilarious as most of the posters in here prob tried out for organized sports once and think they can "spot" the leadership from their couch.

All men react differently....
A generalized example of leadership can't be easily quantified.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 10:54 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Andy Dalton does not even swear, and he wears a rubber wedding ring.  Nuff said.  No one respects him.

Phillip Rivers doesn't swear....neither would Reggie White.  I think those guys are respected.  It is all about their play. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 12:45 AM)J24 Wrote: I really don't care if he yelled at bodine or not. My bigger concern is why is our center is still effing up snaps? Get it together Russell. Also think its funny that people think we lost the Cleveland and Colts playoff because of a speech.

Have no fear......according to some folks, we have a sure fire HOF o line coach.....he'll have that fixed in a year or three. :snark:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 11:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That TNF pep talk is still just....awful.

He sounds like a teenager trying to convince a girl to have sex with him. The stuttering sets my teeth on edge.
This post is not about that TNF pep talk.  This post is about how Dalton is getting more fire in training camp!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 10:54 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Andy Dalton does not even swear, and he wears a rubber wedding ring.  Nuff said.  No one respects him.

I was going to say you need to try harder with your trolling, but I literally lol'd at "he wears a rubber wedding ring, no one respects him!" That's gold.

To the actual point though, to anybody that thinks our team is magically going to win more games if Andy yells at somebody instead of saying "let's go out there and have some fun", I have a few bridges for sale, so PM me for more information on them. As hilarious as Andy's famous pregame speech was, and I do find it funny to poke fun at from time to time, it really doesn't mean shit when it comes to winning or losing football games. If our players aren't putting 100% on the field now, that's not going to change with cursing and yelling.

(08-12-2015, 12:33 AM)Trademark Wrote: Great to hear, also I am tired of the Dalton haters, I think Dalton will have a breakout year this season

I guess if the same people keep saying this over and over and over each year, that eventually you'll be able to laugh at everyone and say "HA! I WAS RIGHT YOU'RE ALL WRONG!!!". Until of course, they mention that you've been making the same prediction every single year.

Just get over the "haters" and realize that Andy is a QB that's somewhere around average which is going to lead to him being a very polarizing figure among the fanbase. He's in the same boat as guys like Cutler who have half their fanbase trying to throw him out of town and the other half hyping him like he's Joe Montana. It is what it is because they aren't clearly GOOD or better players.
Reply/Quote
Camp is not regular season. I don't want to hear it. I want to see it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 09:20 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Camp is not regular season. I don't want to hear it. I want to see it.

That's fair.  I think he knows this is really his last year to improve.  MB is not going to keep paying that big contract if he doesn't.  They can walk away from him after this year.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton showing "fire" is the biggest over blown story coming out of camp.

It takes more than "fire" to win playoff games. It takes talent and clutch play, something that Andy is yet to show.

"Fire", give me a break.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 08:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Phillip Rivers doesn't swear....neither would Reggie White.  I think those guys are respected.  It is all about their play. 

This is correct. Those guys get respect because they are good at what they do, and their teammates know it. You can't be in a leadership role when you under perform. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 10:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Is that from this training camp and does it speak to have any impact on anything I posted?

No?  

Good post  ThumbsUp

Andy's being a leader and he'll lead us where we need to go, which is deep in the playoffs.

we had the same discussions last year in training camp..Andy Daltons inconsistencies, wilting in the pocket, underthrows and overthrows, failure to perform in big games will take the bengals pretty much to where they have been the past five years..a good team..but not a very good team
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 12:33 AM)Trademark Wrote: Great to hear, also I am tired of the Dalton haters, I think Dalton will have a breakout year this season

nobody hates andy dalton..seems to be a great guy..I think he will continue to be a good quarterback yet falter in those situations that would make him a very good quarterback

hes pretty much playing the same way that he did in college
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 01:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Dalton speech and/or that nonsense during the Colts game is cringingly bad, but I don't really spend my time looking at every little thing I can erroneously attribute to "leadership" (or a lack thereof) like some people do.  

Andy yelled = fiery leadership
Andy didn't yell = calm in the storm leadership
Andy pointed fingers and got in people's faces when they screwed up = holding people accountable leadership
Andy took the blame and said it was all on him = holding himself accountable leadership

Carson yelled = no control over the team, ie no leadership
Carson didn't yell = doesn't care, no leadership
Carson played golf and threw footballs at garbage cans 12 years ago = no leadership

Leadership is what you want it to be and a lack of leadership is just as arbitrary on this message board...it's downright wacky.  People who want to say a QB exhibits leadership could watch him stand on the sidelines and play with himself and convince themselves that shows he is such a total leader that he can literally wank off during a game and his team will still support him.  My god, he's such a leader!

Rep.

There have been lots of great leaders who were calm and collected.  (Chuck Noll, Roger Staubach, Don Shula) and there have been lots of loudmouth squealers that no one respected as a leader.

Leadership has to do with how the guy interacts with the rest of the team on a daily basis, not how loud he can scream before a game.  none of us really see enough to know who the real leaders are.  We know that Whit and Peko are leaders mainly because of what other say, not based on what we have seen them do at games.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 10:54 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Andy Dalton does not even swear, and he wears a rubber wedding ring. Nuff said. No one respects him.

You can speak for yourself. but not the rest of us
Reply/Quote
Once again, the negativity is astounding.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 01:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Dalton speech and/or that nonsense during the Colts game is cringingly bad, but I don't really spend my time looking at every little thing I can erroneously attribute to "leadership" (or a lack thereof) like some people do.  

Andy yelled = fiery leadership
Andy didn't yell = calm in the storm leadership
Andy pointed fingers and got in people's faces when they screwed up = holding people accountable leadership
Andy took the blame and said it was all on him = holding himself accountable leadership

Carson yelled = no control over the team, ie no leadership
Carson didn't yell = doesn't care, no leadership
Carson played golf and threw footballs at garbage cans 12 years ago = no leadership

Leadership is what you want it to be and a lack of leadership is just as arbitrary on this message board...it's downright wacky.  People who want to say a QB exhibits leadership could watch him stand on the sidelines and play with himself and convince themselves that shows he is such a total leader that he can literally wank off during a game and his team will still support him.  My god, he's such a leader!

Ummmm, shouldn't you be making a joke post? What's with this serious post? I mean, just because it's 100% true doesn't mean that you need to stop with your sarcastic and acerbic wit. C'mon Nately, people aren't going to respect you unless you do everything that they want you to do, even if it's not exactly who you are!

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:38 AM)Beaker Wrote: Once again, the negativity is astounding.

If a negative thread is created, it usually turns into the positive crowd disagreeing with some negative backup for the OP.

If a positive thread is created, it usually turns into the negative crowd disagreeing with some positive backup for the OP.

Most people tend to post on a message board when they see something they want to disagree with more so than to run in and say "Yep! Me too!". Therefore, unless it's a neutral thread, you can generally predict the outcome of the first couple of pages by looking at the topic of the thread alone.

Derailment (like our posts) aside, positive threads tend to get negative response and negative threads tend to get positive response. There are exceptions, but I believe that's generally the rule. In my opinion, it's not really "astounding" as it is expected.
Reply/Quote
One of the most important attributes of a leader is confidence. It is very difficult to light a fire under other's backsides when you are not sure that you are going to perform at a high level. Hopefully this is a sign that Andy is growing in confidence.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 10:47 AM)xavierdude Wrote: nobody hates andy dalton..seems to be a great guy..I think he will continue to be a good quarterback yet falter in those situations that would make him a very good quarterback

hes pretty much playing the same way that he did in college

I dunno.....I'd take Rose Bowl Andy Dalton over NFL Playoffs Andy Dalton any day of the week. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
[Image: 250px-Marshmallow_fluff2.jpg]
Reply/Quote