Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton and Stafford the same player?
Yeah I'm going to say this was a bad throw to Tate on the last play:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Detroit and Cincy both need new QBs if there goal as a franchise is to win a Super Bowl
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Both teams have cat mascots.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just a rhetorical question, but are both organizations lack of success due to their respective qb, or are the qbs' lack of success due to the organizations they are apart of.

There's no way of knowing outside of playing the theoretical game, like how would Stafford/Dalton have done or do on teams like the Chiefs, Rams, Saints, Pats, Pitt, etc.

Anyhoots I will say if the Bengals had a good oline with a healthy AJ, Boyd, and Ross, I would take Stafford myself though thats a bit offtopic.

Ahhhhh the 64 million dollar question ?

And I think the answer is both.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 07:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ahhhhh the 64 million dollar question ?

And I think the answer is both.

Well they've had two players up and quit, while we've only had one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wasn't Dalton's best game should have checked it to Gio right there had a ton of space
Reply/Quote
Stafford has played in 21 more games (1.3 more seasons) than Dalton and has 10,000 more passing yards and 50 more pass TDs than him. They have about the same amount of rushing yards and Dalton has 5 more rush TDs than Stafford.
They have the same number of wins in their careers, but Stafford has 22 more losses than Dalton.
What this tells me (and from what I remember watching both over the past decade) is that Stafford has had to play with a worse running game and defense overall such that he had to try to carry the team on his back more.

Ultimately, do I think Stafford is great? No. But I think he'd probably have won more if he had been on teams with better defense and running games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Stafford has played in 21 more games (1.3 more seasons) than Dalton and has 10,000 more passing yards and 50 more pass TDs than him. They have about the same amount of rushing yards and Dalton has 5 more rush TDs than Stafford.
They have the same number of wins in their careers, but Stafford has 22 more losses than Dalton.
What this tells me (and from what I remember watching both over the past decade) is that Stafford has had to play with a worse running game and defense overall such that he had to try to carry the team on his back more.

Ultimately, do I think Stafford is great? No. But I think he'd probably have won more if he had been on teams with better defense and running games.

Dalton would have more yards and TD's playing in a dome and Stafford would have less here
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:30 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dalton would have more yards and TD's playing in a dome and Stafford would have less here

Can you back it up with some statistical data of each player in dome vs outdoors over the course of their careers?
Or are you simply saying that because of ideal temperatures and no wind?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 02:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I'm going to say this was a bad throw to Tate on the last play:

10 yard passes to wide open receivers are tough, man.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote