Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton's revenge
(12-09-2020, 10:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then you should want this coach gone ASAP. Winning a few meaningless games against awful teams at the end of the year isn’t going to help with that.

Is this a re-post from 2018?

I'll take winning over replacing a coach. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is this a re-post from 2018?

I'll take winning over replacing a coach. 

Preferring to win a 3rd game in a lost season over being one step closer to replacing quite possibly the worst coach we’ve ever had is really strange to me, but you do you.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Preferring to win a 3rd game in a lost season over being one step closer to replacing quite possibly the worst coach we’ve ever had is really strange to me, but you do you.

Yup

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Preferring to win a 3rd game in a lost season over being one step closer to replacing quite possibly the worst coach we’ve ever had is really strange to me, but you do you.

If I knew one win would keep ZT around, lose out all day long. If I knew that he's still be gone unless we won 3 of the last 4, then I'd be all for winning. Ugh I wish I could see the future. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:08 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If I knew one win would keep ZT around, lose out all day long. If I knew that he's still be gone unless we won 3 of the last 4, then I'd be all for winning. Ugh I wish I could see the future. 

We might not win another game and Zac be retained. It's a real possibility.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup

I've always been on the opposing end when the tone turns to hoping to lose. 

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've always been on the opposing end when the tone turns to hoping to lose. 

I'm on the opposing end of wanting to keep the worst coach in NFL history. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm on the opposing end of wanting to keep the worst coach in NFL history. 
This. 100%...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm on the opposing end of wanting to keep the worst coach in NFL history. 

Me too. 

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Me too. 

Contrary to some previous comments, i've never sat down to watch a Bengals game and thought, "man, i hope they lose today". Neither have i ever gotten upset when they took or had a lead, thinking it was going to hurt their chances on a draft pick or new coach. 

All that aside, the only way to (almost) guarantee a new head coach is for them to lose out, and losing out badly is even better. 

Reply/Quote
If we are at the scouting players and looking to see who can be apart of a solid foundation next year, then you want to see a competitive game. Blowouts expose the players this late in the season moreso then a coach.

I see a defensive "struggle", with the D being motivated (and familiar) with Dalton and a Cowboy close win.

We don't have a qb, so I wouldn't worry too much about winning. If we somehow go on a run, with the QB's we have beating Pitt or Baltimore, or Houston for that matter, then we'd all be feeling a little better going into 2021. Many said we'd go 6-10, 5-10-1 given the year we had and the close games with the OROY QB, and the injuries and ZT getting a 3rd year would be in the discussion.

You can't rely on MB changing. I'd take the dead cat bounce closing out 2020. It'll be easier to swallow the likely offseason outcome (given this FO) of Zac returning for 2021.

I did root for them to lose out when Burrow was on the line. Other than that I hope to see we have something to believe in and it isn't as miserable as it feels. I gave up on counting on losses deciding the Coaches fate to end the year.

Dallas/Dalton/Zeke - 20
Bengals/Higgins/Bates - 16

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Cowboys haven't given up less than 20 pts all year long and that was in their opener. 

Since then, they've given up 30+ seven times and 40+ twice. 

I'll be shocked if the Bengals score 20 this week. I'll be only moderately surprised if they score more than 10. 

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Who is proving in spades that a great OL can make anyone look good and you shouldn't pay a RB unless they're Barry Sanders-level. Zeke has only one 100+ yard game, only has 1 rush of 20+ yards, and is averaging 3.9 YPC this year. Got paid based off what he did behind a 3 All-Pro OL and now failing when not behind it.

Well he's got a get right game ahead of him Sunday. I don't disagree with the point of your post, but they also lost their starting QB (he was much more Zeke like early in the season), and they've been playing some pretty stout run defenses.

But anyway... The second 100 yard rushing game is coming up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Cowboys haven't given up less than 20 pts all year long and that was in their opener. 

I'll be shocked if the Bengals score 20 this week. I'll be only moderately surprised if they score more than 10. 

20 points?... Baby steps my friend. They should focus on getting 20 yards in the 3rd quarter first.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Cowboys haven't given up less than 20 pts all year long and that was in their opener. 

Don't worry Bengals will make the cowboys defense look elite
Reply/Quote
For the game, have the Bengals thought of playing A.J. as corner or something for a series or two, to see if Andy has a mental flashback and throws to him? I'm only partially kidding.

The Cowboys are as dead to rights as the Bengals for this year, so it will be interesting to see how the announcers call the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 11:13 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: For the game, have the Bengals thought of playing A.J. as corner or something for a series or two, to see if Andy has a mental flashback and throws to him? I'm only partially kidding.

The Cowboys are as dead to rights as the Bengals for this year, so it will be interesting to see how the announcers call the game.

Yeah...that's FUNNY on AJ at CB!

This game has to be a pick em.

I think we all know that the Bengals are capable of winning to save Zacs job and make us miss on Sewell. Then, we'll take some CB that is a bust at 4.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 02:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy's got a chance to beat us. It's not a playoff game.

Nor is it a PrimeTime game. 

[Image: DJpnR47XoAAm_KJ.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then you should want this coach gone ASAP. Winning a few meaningless games against awful teams at the end of the year isn’t going to help with that.

This is where I'm at. Hoping Andy cleans Zach's clock. Damn sure not a Cowboy fan though.
Reply/Quote
I hope Andy has a good game against us and pulls out a win, could happen.

We need to tank for Sewell at this point and the worse our record the more likely Taylor and company are replaced.
Reply/Quote