Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference
(01-01-2020, 08:37 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I live in LA and it appears Rivers is done here. I think AD would be nice fit for the Chargers at this point. They have a good roster and he can help get them  back into playoff picture without being asked to be a superman QB that he needed to be in Cincy.   

And he would be inexpensive, which fits the Chargers.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 09:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So if the defense gives up points they lost the game But good old Andy isn't responsible for any losses. If he had won that game it would have him at 4-12. I'm still not good with that record either.

Wins as a QB stat are stupid.  It is a team sport.  Remember when Piggy won a Super Bowl with a QB rating of 23?  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 07:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But he went 26/42 and threw for 229 yds and ALMOST beat the Steelers last year!!!

[Image: 20140514153810fdeahdgjpg]
If the run game, o-line, defense would have played better Dalton could win with his 70.0 QBR. Damn, those other 52 players are sabotaging Andy's HOF career.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 07:33 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: This is like a discussion with a Steelers fan. Whenever they can't justify their stance on a subject it's always the same old come back" but we have six rings". The Dalton Gangers always cite his five consecutive PO appearances even though that was four years ago and he won a grand total of zero of those PO games.

So, wait, your last post was his record in 16 games against pitt....yet, 80 games don't count because they were four years ago (when he happened to have an offensive line)?  I seem to remember Dalton knocking pitt out of going to the playoffs the last game of the season, in pitt, no less.  Your arguments are just downright moronic.  

At least you will likely get your wish.  And if the team doesn't have MASSIVE improvements on the offensive line and defense in general, the same thing will likely happen to Burrow.  I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen, but at least you will be able to piss and moan about what a poor job the QB is doing since he should obviously be able to do it with no help at all.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 11:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, wait, your last post was his record in 16 games against pitt....yet, 80 games don't count because they were four years ago (when he happened to have an offensive line)?  I seem to remember Dalton knocking pitt out of going to the playoffs the last game of the season, in pitt, no less.  Your arguments are just downright moronic.  

His record against Pitt the first five years , with an offensive line, couldn't have been better than 3-7. I guess you're ok with a 30 % record in five years? Beating the Browns and teams like them don't really count. Beating those teams are not going to get you a ring unless you also beat the good teams. If you have proven over nine years you can't beat the good teams consistently then you need to be replaced. BYE BYE Dalton hello Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 11:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wins as a QB stat are stupid.  It is a team sport.  Remember when Piggy won a Super Bowl with a QB rating of 23?  

You mean they are stupid because they don't fit your narrative of why Dalton isn't the reason we have no PO wins in the last nine years? I don't remember too much about Piggy other than him rising to the occasion and beating Dalton head to head time after time after time, while Dalton melted like a clock on a Salvador Dali painting.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:08 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You mean they are stupid because they don't fit your narrative of why Dalton isn't the reason we have no PO wins in the last nine years? I don't remember too much about Piggy other than him rising to the occasion and beating Dalton head to head time after time after time, while Dalton melted like a clock on a Salvador Dali painting.

No, he's correct. It's a stupid stat.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 11:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, wait, your last post was his record in 16 games against pitt....yet, 80 games don't count because they were four years ago (when he happened to have an offensive line)?  I seem to remember Dalton knocking pitt out of going to the playoffs the last game of the season, in pitt, no less.  Your arguments are just downright moronic.  

At least you will likely get your wish.  And if the team doesn't have MASSIVE improvements on the offensive line and defense in general, the same thing will likely happen to Burrow.  I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen, but at least you will be able to piss and moan about what a poor job the QB is doing since he should obviously be able to do it with no help at all.  

Put the team on your shoulders and carry them to victory... And make sure the lights are on. Day games don't count.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 08:21 PM)jason Wrote: Put the team on your shoulders and carry them to victory... And make sure the lights are on. Day games don't count.

Gosh, it is so simple when you put it like that. Dalton should have thought of that when he got here, the lazy sod.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote